Do you express emotions when you're alone? Are believers ever alone?

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Loneliness is the obvious problem of single life. And as Christianity in general seems to heavily lean towards getting coupled up, I'd like to remind other believers out there that we are never alone when we have strong faith. He is always with us even though our ungrateful attitude often doesn't tend to acknowledge that fact all the time. We do get distracted easily by "life".

But what is harder is to get emotionally connected with the Lord when alone. A connection so real we may break into a spontaneous smile (OK, not so much around others lest they assume we've lost it.) When alone many of us go for hours expressionless. This can't be good for our psyche. During Covid being isolated has been increased dramatically for some. This is the answer to times like this. And they may return any time. All we need is another, easily transmissible variant with the fatality of Delta and we'll be back into isolation for a few months til it passes, whether you're vaccinated or not.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return.

My relationship with God isn’t dependent on a companion or others. While both have a place they can’t forge the bond or walk the straight and narrow on my behalf. That’s my responsibility.

Singleness provided an opportunity for personal and spiritual growth and deepened maturity. I learned how to pray, stand and war in the spirit during that season. I learned to lean on God and trust in Him. Whether alone or not.

Because abiding is continuous. It’s not dependent on our circumstances. When we dwell in the shelter of the Most High we find rest from our lacks and burdens and they don’t overwhelm us.

So we can say the same as Paul:

I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Singing is one way I express, or release, emotions while alone. Putting on a song with emotion and singing along makes me feel lighter afterwards.

Benefits of Singing: 10 Ways Singing Boosts Your Health

"They also found singing reduces stress levels whether the participants were singing in a group or by themselves."

The part about singing boosting the immune system is interesting.

"Those who sang showed higher levels of immunoglobulin A, an antibody your body secretes to help you fend off infections."

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I often talk to God and I live alone. I think that there is several levels or types of being "alone".
1)For those who feel God's presence often not feeling it makes you feel alone
2)For those who at times want other people around not having them around makes you feel alone
3)For when you need help and God doesn't help and nobody else does.... your alone

I often talk to God even though I don't feel his presence in a fashion that comforts me. I do at times feel stress subsiding when I pray or talk to God but I don't know which times it is psychological or spiritual me being more at ease or not.

Basically speaking the Bible in the beginning says it is not good for us (man) to be alone and that we should get together with other believers to encourage and help each other. If you aren't alone with God in mind then you ARE alone to yourself in that respect. One can feel alone around others, being alone isn't always physical but rather a connection basis. Aside from God if you are around a lot of people but none of them really are interested in you then you can feel ignored, isolated, banished perhaps... or alone. I've been places with people I know that I either had to attend or felt obligated to do so that I would personally rather been home alone than there because nobody there (to me) shared God's spirit. The nice thing about fellow believers is we all share the love of Jesus and in that respect we aren't alone but even I feel alone at church because I'm not a great social person and don't know anyone at all when I go. You could say I'm A LONEr. When people don't bother to call you and you feel like you inconvenience others by calling them you can feel alone. People who are rejected among others even being with them they have no "connection" and feel... alone.
God accepts us and we should strive to not feel alone with him we have to have faith that he does hear, he does care and that we are never truly alone. When on occasion a get sort of attacked by a spirit of loneliness and despair I talk to God and it usually subsides either completely in time or I am able to fight against it and drive it away.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Loneliness is the obvious problem of single life. And as Christianity in general seems to heavily lean towards getting coupled up, I'd like to remind other believers out there that we are never alone when we have strong faith. He is always with us even though our ungrateful attitude often doesn't tend to acknowledge that fact all the time. We do get distracted easily by "life".

But what is harder is to get emotionally connected with the Lord when alone. A connection so real we may break into a spontaneous smile (OK, not so much around others lest they assume we've lost it.) When alone many of us go for hours expressionless. This can't be good for our psyche. During Covid being isolated has been increased dramatically for some. This is the answer to times like this. And they may return any time. All we need is another, easily transmissible variant with the fatality of Delta and we'll be back into isolation for a few months til it passes, whether you're vaccinated or not.

When I was young, 'friends' was a big deal, but now I really love being alone. My problems are MINE and life is not complicated. My biggest problem with friends right now is one who I care about is a self-centered jerk and verbally abusive to his wife. I just don't want to become an "old maid" type grumpy old man with no social graces. Hermit. But I really do love being alone. It's like a long vacation.

Upvote 0