do you every just ask why?

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
mhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :confused: yeh I'm thinking a lot about stuff.... um I think that God is in control of everything & He's perfect. duh ;) there's so much stuff thats so hard to figure but there are verses in the bible that say God'll um let you find Him when you seek Him, give you the wisdom you need when you ask for it ( James 1/5.. I'm such a confused person at the mo this verse is just.. :pink:) k. I'm guessing that totally wasn't Your point but mhh maybe it's not this important (to know why the world's round, the grass is green.. ya know ? :):))

Upvote 0

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
When I came to grips with, and truly understood that God is sovreign, I no longer had to ask why. I certainly don't understand everything, and have many questions - I just don't struggle with 'why'.

I remind myself that He knows the end of the story. Makes faith and trust much easier.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I can't say that I know why the grass is green but I can tell you why the sky is blue.  If the sky was green we wouldn't know where to stop mowing. :D :D :D

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
        And lean not on your own understanding; 
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<SUP> </SUP>In all your ways acknowledge Him,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And He shall direct your paths.

God bless

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 05:44 AM Soul-jah_33 said this in Post #7

so what if somone had the answers to every thing. what would you do

I've never met anyone like that nor do I think such a person exists.&nbsp; I know that Christ (God) has all the answers and He has given us all the answers in His Word but He is the only one who can have all the answers because God is the only Creator.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tracie

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
✟15,282.00
Faith
Christian
I think Soul-jah_33 is right...we don't need to know. If we know why the earth is round would it help our relationship with God grow? Probably not. If we knew why grass was green (it's the chlorophyll by the way!) it wouldn't grow our relationship with God.

At my work (I'm an environmental educator) I work with a lot of non-Christians...anti-Christians is probably a better term. They like to sit around and complain about how they can't use certain terms in our teaching because the Christians get mad. One thing is saying something about "millions of years" because some people have complained (a Christian school I think) about the earth not being that old. So, I don't even get in on those arguments because (although I don't believe the earth is that old) it doesn't even matter. I don't dwell on it because it doesn't help me in any way. If it affected my relationship with Jesus, I would, but it doesn't.

So, in conclusion, if it doesn't affect your relationship with God in any way, it probably doesn't even matter!

Upvote 0

Gwyn

those who hope in the Lord
Jun 24, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟134.00
I also don't believe that anyone exists who has all the answers, well except God of course.

I really believe that the closer we are to the Lord and the more that we understand, the more we have to guard our hearts against spiritual pride. I think this is one reason we don't have the answers to so much. I think we just haven't the ability to handle all the answers, we probably couldn't understand them.

Gwyn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums