Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am sympathetic with your situation, I am almost 23 and have never even been on a real date. My social anxiety and awkwardness makes it difficult for me to find friends, let alone significant others. Sometimes I get very depressed about this and feel like it will never get better.

That being said, somewhere deep in my heart I know it will eventually change, God will eventually answer my prayers. Despite the loneliness, and fear people will think I'm weird for never dating, I would rather wait for the right thing than take the cheap counterfeit.

As a Christian man, I find it very attractive that you have kept yourself pure, and do not find it undesirable in the least! It shows me that you have convictions that you hold fast too. That says something about a person's character. There are so many people in this world who sell out there morals and give in to pressure, don't be one of them. Soldier on and fight the good fight. :)

I haven't remained "pure" as you say entirely from choice. If I had been in relationships, I probably would have had sex. I'm not waiting till marriage.

Reactions: jess9450
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I find it a bit weird that you're feeling insecure about this.
I find it weird that you find it weird that I find it weird. :D This could go on and on. ^_^

You've done well. Be happy! I wish I were still a virgin.
Different strokes.... :D

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Talk to this girl OP.^

Just because a guy may be a bit nervous about the whole thing doesn't mean you should just throw yourself out there like a piece of meat. God has a purpose for your life, all of it.

No, I'm not really going to throw myself out like a piece of meat. Sometimes I wish I could and not feel bad about it, though.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I live in a small town where there's nobody worth dating, plus I'm introverted and a bit shy. All of those together spell out "no chance".

And I'd find it really hard to believe that a guy wouldn't find it a bit weird that I'm inexperienced.
Nobody worth dating? either your standards are too high or your town is very small lol. Maybe go on dating sites and do a long distance thing and eventually move in with them. Also, I know I'm not alone in thinking this but a girl being a virgin to me is hot.

That's why I always leave my girlfriends after I've been with them a few months when they aren't hot anymore. /joke

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jmer816

Sep 21, 2013
Baltimore, MD
✟45,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's wrong to think that you need to sleep around just so your future husband that you actually are serious about might want to be with someone experienced. All kinds of bad advice on this thread wow...how about doing things God's way? Eve wasn't experienced before she met Adam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You missed the second part of that post. Lol

Nah, I saw it... I just felt like it needed to be said. I understand where you're coming from though, I have the same thoughts and urges often - even though I'm not a virgin (was married for 4 years). Being in the middle of a divorce, going through that sudden severing of the relationship, I sometimes feel compelled to go troll a bar or something. Meh.

Upvote 0

nightwalker1

Servant of the Most High
Oct 17, 2013
Roseville, California
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I was younger it may have mattered. However, with the first and only girlfriend I ever had, the relationship which started and unfortunately ended this year, it didn't matter that she had had a kid before or that she recently found out she was pregnant before finding me. I loved her for who she was, not for what she had or hadn't done in the past.

I want to be with the girl, who hopefully exists, that God has for me and it doesn't matter whether she's a virgin or not. It's all about who she is now.

P.S. My ex and I are still great friends and she just had a beautiful baby girl in September, of which I am the proud(obviously) godfather :D. I love that little one.

Upvote 0

Zach91

Dec 31, 2011
New Bordeaux
✟16,279.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I haven't remained "pure" as you say entirely from choice. If I had been in relationships, I probably would have had sex. I'm not waiting till marriage.

Well, when I was a younger man, and more impulsive, I would have had sex too if I had the opportunity. I believe in waiting for marriage, but even if not, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone I was not in a committed relationship with. I would feel weird being that intimate with someone I didn't love. The risk of STDs and unwanted pregnancy are also factors when having casual sex. I can't make up your mind for you, but That's my opinion.

Reactions: Jess7737
Upvote 0

Jess7737

Jun 8, 2013
Alabama
✟7,730.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe in what the word say, it says to wait. If a guy wants an experienced girl well its not me so they would not be the one for me. I obey God not man, plus me and my future husband who ever he will be. Have a life time to "get experienced".

Reactions: jmer816
Upvote 0