• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do you ever get to the point...

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever get to the point where, when bad things happen to you, you aren't even surprised anymore. It still hurts but you don't go, "how could this happen to me" and instead feel like, "this is probably bound to happen to me eventually."

My mom is gonna go in for testing in a month or so for Alzheimers. She's 62. I know this affects her more than me but it just seems like there is so much bad stuff in our lives and in mine that I should never really expect anything good except the occasional instances of God's grace.

I'm not ready to be a caretaker. I have so many chronic conditions and mental health issues of my own to deal with. I'm not married and I don't have someone to be of help to me on a daily basis.

I really wish I had enough money to go back and see my counselor who saved my life a few years ago. :(

PeacefulHope

God is our refuge and strength
Jun 22, 2017
-
✟24,879.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm praying for you sister, and I truly do hope that all shall be well with you all. Never give up! Pray and communicate your problems to the Lord, and you don't know what might happen. :) He loves you and your family, and so I just pray and hope that he can show to you how broad, wide and deep his magnificent love is. My friend, please do not worry because the Lord your God is with you. May you be richly blessed in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. :prayer::prayer::heart::heart:

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Do you ever get to the point where, when bad things happen to you, you aren't even surprised anymore. It still hurts but you don't go, "how could this happen to me" and instead feel like, "this is probably bound to happen to me eventually."

My mom is gonna go in for testing in a month or so for Alzheimers. She's 62. I know this affects her more than me but it just seems like there is so much bad stuff in our lives and in mine that I should never really expect anything good except the occasional instances of God's grace.

I'm not ready to be a caretaker. I have so many chronic conditions and mental health issues of my own to deal with. I'm not married and I don't have someone to be of help to me on a daily basis.

I really wish I had enough money to go back and see my counselor who saved my life a few years ago. :(

derpytia, Jesus loves you very much.

Jesus also loves your mother very much.

Praying for you....
Jesus_Christ_Our_Reason_For_Hope_637_637.jpg

Upvote 0