Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:
What about them, I did not say the "Jewsih" laws are necessary.

That does not do away with health laws that were already in place long before there was a Jew.

The health laws were never in place before the law, you have failed to show that in scripture. You can add your conjecture and attempt to convince people, but the only place they are laid out in scripture is the giving of the Law to the Jews, they are not given elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
flesh99 said:
The health laws were never in place before the law, you have failed to show that in scripture. You can add your conjecture and attempt to convince people, but the only place they are laid out in scripture is the giving of the Law to the Jews, they are not given elsewhere.
flesh99

Are you now going to tell me that Noah did not know about them. God had told Noah to sacrifice only clean animals when he came out of the ark.

Why only clean animals?

Yet you claim no one before the Jews were given any health laws.

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:
flesh99

Are you now going to tell me that Noah did not know about them. God had told Noah to sacrifice only clean animals when he came out of the ark.

Why only clean animals?

Yet you claim no one before the Jews were given any health laws.

Never once is clean and unclean mentioned in reference to anything but sacrifices prior to the giving of the Law. You are adding to scripture to make it say what you want it to say. What it says that every living creature was available for food, it never once says, implies, or otherwise conveys that clean and unclean designations were for anything but sacrifices.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
lovegod_will said:
not being able to eat pork is from the old testament, christains have a new covenant with God, hence pork is acceptable to eat!
Where does it say in the New Testament that the new covenant nows allows people to eat unclean food?

The new covenant and the laws of health do not cancel each other out.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
flesh99 said:
Never once is clean and unclean mentioned in reference to anything but sacrifices prior to the giving of the Law. You are adding to scripture to make it say what you want it to say. What it says that every living creature was available for food, it never once says, implies, or otherwise conveys that clean and unclean designations were for anything but sacrifices.
When are you ever going to understand Scripture?

Do you think God was going to let Noah eat unclan food and not allow Noah to offer scarifices with it?

When God says that He does not change, do you think God changed on the foods we can eat?

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:
Where does it say in the New Testament that the new covenant nows allows people to eat unclean food?

Gnetiles have never been under the Law to begin with so there is no cancelling out to be done. We are not under the food laws.

When are you ever going to understand Scripture?

I do understand scripture, I understand it quite well in fact. At least in this case, there are places that are not as easy to udnerstand, but this topic doesn't take a whole of intelligence to grasp.

Do you think God was going to let Noah eat unclan food and not allow Noah to offer scarifices with it?

That is exactly what scripture says in fact, anything else is adding to scripture. Why do you insist on adding to scripture in this manner? You are applying man's fallible logic to scripture, and coming up with meaning that is different than what scripture plainly says.

When God says that He does not change, do you think God changed on the foods we can eat?

God has changed the food laws Symes, more than once. In the Graden there was no eating meat, this changed with Noah who was given every living creature to eat, then it was changed again for the Jews and no-one lese when the sacrificial designations were applied to food in the giving of the Law through Moses. Gentiles have never been under the Law to begin with, although there were restrictions given in Acts that concern Gentiles. So yes we have ffod restrictions, but not the restrcictions given to the Jews. We are not Jews and have never been under the Law to start with. The whole this here is that you are refusing to respond to the points made and are now down to near insults and reapeting yourself. Go back and look at all the points made. Scriptrue is being taken at face value without a need to add man's logic. When God said every living thing, He meant every living thing, when Christ said that nothing that goes into a man's mouth can make him unlcean, He meant nothing that goes into a man's mouth can make him unclean. When God showed Peter the vision he stated clearly that it was about food, and He meant it, Peter realized the second meaning later on, this is the only part where we have to apply a little logic, so I am willing to leave that out since one of my points is applying logic. If we don't apply any logic to it then it was about food. When Paul wrote that we are not judge a man on meat the he certainly meant that we are not to judge a man for meat. This is clear so many times throughout scripture and you have been shown that over and over again, clear in such ways that it does not require any leaps of logic to see it.

Upvote 0

lovegod_will

May 20, 2004
Gloucester
✟210.00
Faith
Christian
Symes said:

IM sure its when peter goes to see cornilius it says that there is no such thing as unclean or summit, im sorry i cant remember but i remember my Ethics teacher talking about it a while ago.
Out of interst do u think we should all still circumcised (blokes only obvsly)

Upvote 0

lovegod_will

May 20, 2004
Gloucester
✟210.00
Faith
Christian
Symes said:
Umm Gods nature never changes but his relationship with us does and the rules by which we did change, hence noah could now eat animals after flood, and salvation through chris not by being a jew. SO your right GOD doesnt change but other stuff like the above does!

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
lovegod_will said:
Umm Gods nature never changes but his relationship with us does and the rules by which we did change, hence noah could now eat animals after flood, and salvation through chris not by being a jew. SO your right GOD doesnt change but other stuff like the above does!
Who's chris, i need to find that guy. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
lovegod_will said:
Well you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Either God changes or He does not.

The "other stuff" does not change, if it does then we have a God who changes the rules as we go along.

Don't like playing games when the rules change half way through.

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:
Well you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Either God changes or He does not.

The "other stuff" does not change, if it does then we have a God who changes the rules as we go along.

Don't like playing games when the rules change half way through.

Where is your beard Symes?

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
deu58 said:
Hello All

You gotta be kidding !!!!! I have been gone 4 months and this thread is still alive!!!!!!
yours in Christ
Deu58
It will be here while ever people mis-quote Scripture.

Now I know many will say I am the one who mis-quoting Scripture.

But at least I am consistent with it.

God does not change, no smoke and mirrors here with me.

Good to see you back Deu58

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:

Hi Symes
How have you been? Are claiming that you are consistent in mis-quoting Scripture^_^

Good to be back and thanks for the PMs

Yours in Christ
Deu58

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Symes said:

Symes I am entirely consistent with my scripture. How can you claim to be consistent when you would have be under one part of the Law but not under others with no explanation of why we aren't under the other parts? You are not consistent at all in fact, this is what I have been pointing out for days now. You claim we are under the food laws, given only the Law but not under the laws regarding beards. Are we under the tattoo law as well? Please explain, in fact please explain all 613 points, which we are under and which we are not and the reasons for each. If you are consistent then this will be easy for you.

Upvote 0

Symes

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
Caelum said:
Might I also remind you of Luke 10:7:
Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages.

Jesus did not say, eating and drinking whatever, except for that of swine. Case closed(yet again).
Do you think Christ had to tell them not to eat pork?

Even today no Jew will touch the stuff. In Christ's day it was even more so.

That text does in no way say that them or us can eat pork.

If I was to tell my to drive from our place (which is in the country) to the city and go as fast she can. On the way there are some small towns that have a speed limit as you go through them. I do not have to tell her to slow down for the small towns as the police may be out and about. It is a given that she will take that into account as she travels into the city.

It was the same back then, eat and drink what you are given, they were never going to be given any pork or any other unclean food. We are talking about very strict Jews here, not Christians who want to eat what they think is right.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.