Do you do "bathroom stuff" in front of your spouse?

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We're comfortable doing whatever needs doing regardless of who else might be in the room, I don't ever remember it being any other way for us. You know you're in love when you rub someone's head and comfort them through a bad bout of diarrhea the same way you might if they were throwing up.

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Happily married to MetalDave!!!
Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, it doesn't have to just be using the toilet (but it can). I also mean: taking a shower, shaving your legs/face, trimming unruly nose hairs, bleaching your moustache, putting on wrinkle/pimple cream, dying your hair, etc.
Yes- Pretty much everything but bowel movements. We're not very shy... LOL :D :p

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh yeah we do it all. I was raised in a home where that type of thing was not an issue.

I'll do pretty much everything except number 2 and change any sort of feminine products in front of him (Not b/c I'm embarrassed but because I think he would die if he actually knew what was going on down there.

Funny story- we were driving in the car and he managed to cut himself pretty badly- all I had available to stop the bleeding was a pad- so I pulled it out and placed it on his arm. He looked at me (horrified) and said "they put tape on those things" :eek: LOL

:doh:

Upvote 0

llghoney

Life is preparation for eternity
May 31, 2005
✟23,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny story- we were driving in the car and he managed to cut himself pretty badly- all I had available to stop the bleeding was a pad- so I pulled it out and placed it on his arm. He looked at me (horrified) and said "they put tape on those things" :eek: LOL

:D :D

And Grace & the others I'm with you guys on #2 it's just not a pleasant thing to want to see!:D :sick:

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread had me LOL more than once.

If it's #2 I prefer to be alone. I don't like to do it let alone have someone else be there with me. For the same reason I prefer to vomit alone. Everything else is open between us. The door is closed so we can actually talk to each other with out someone saying "mom", "dad." Yet for all this openess my husband will ask me to leave when he has to brush his teeth. *scatches head* that is about the least offensive thing you do in the bathroom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

firestar

Senior Veteran
Sep 3, 2005
Beautiful Canada
✟13,381.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
He feels comfortable doing anything in front of me- and often times we'll finish the conversation that we started in the bedroom with him on the toilet and me perched on the side of the tub. But I wouldn't feel the same level of comfort with him watching me have a bm, or change soiled monthly products.

Upvote 0

FriarErasmus

Feb 5, 2007
Visit site
✟8,131.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We're one flesh, so um... everything is shared, but I would say that #2 is probably a slight bit on the "rude" side, and since love is not rude, I try to go elsewhere if she is already using the room, but hey, if she needs something in the bathroom, it doesn't make sense for her to have to wait... we've seen everything anyways... haha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RenFaireSprite

tickle torture champion
Jan 25, 2007
It's only temporary...
✟48,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having kids made me completely not care about closing the door, because if I did one of my children would instinctively be on the other side needing me immediately anyway. My husband is MUCH more private - and he has "closed my door" on many an occasion! He'd prefer my bathroom habits to remain a mystery... LOL.

And - if he didn't close the door for himself, I would no longer be able to say "C'mon! What in the world are you DOING that is taking SO LONG in there!" and hearing his exasperated sigh, or a "go away so I can finish, woman!"... one of my favorite little things... haha! He loves me. "Hey honey, I hear you peeing..." (poor man, I torture him so...!)

I worry, though, that my children now have my "open door policy"... (he closes their doors as well!)

Upvote 0