Do you care about people of other religious faiths?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
. I feel that I would be narrow minded if I did. What do you think?

Suppose for example you and your family come to the point where the road meets the sea and number of ferry boats are lined up to take cars across to land on the other side. But there is a sign that says that due to a recent earth quake damage has been done to 9 out of the ten ferry boats and they are no longer safe to use - even though the captains of those boats still want to risk running them for the sake of making money.

You select a ferry and so now you are riding out on the open sea for the other side. One of your children asks "did we pick the ferry that is safe?" -- and you respond as you did above "I would be narrow minded if I thought this was the one that is safe".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh brother. I know you are a Christian evolutionist and you know I'm a fundamentalist and believe in creation science, but mine are not harmful and based on racism and genocide like yours.

What I think is people like you will be misled. Satan is very good as disguising himself as light. Awhile back I started something like evidence for Satan, but he's too powerful and wants to hide and remain hidden. In that sense, he has my respect.

The following show Satan has contradicted everything God said in the Bible, mostly Book of Genesis, with evolution. It's creation science vs theory of evolution and evolutionary thinking.

"Here are some things that are opposite off the top of my head.

GOD >>>>> SATAN
Said it first (can't change) >>>>> Said it throughout the years (hypothesis and theories can change)
Universe >>>>> Multiverse
Creation ex nihilo (supernatural creation in 6 days) >>>>> Universe ex nihilo, i.e. big bang (defies laws of physics, infinite temp and density, all is set up in 20 mins); Before this, it was eternal universe
6,000 yrs old Earth and universe >>>>> 4.5 B yrs old Earth and 13.7 B yrs old universe
Created Adam and Eve >>>>> Humans evolved from monkeys
Created birds 4th day; dinosaurs 5th day >>>>> birds evolved from dinosaurs
Clear explanation of how universe and Earth formed and science backs it up >>>>> Wild hypothesis of infinitely hot and dense unseen particle called singularity; Some event called big bang triggered a cosmic expansion in microseconds that formed the basis for our universe; not clear explanation of what happened
Life can only create life >>>>> Life forms through abiogenesis (based on spontaneous generation that was proven false by creation scientist Dr. Louis Pasteur)
Started with void >>>>> Started with infinitely hot and dense unseen quantum particle
God is timeless and spaceless >>>>> Quantum particles pop in and out of existence
God is light, i.e. EMS or light >>>>> Things happen through dark energy, dark matter
Universe is bounded and has a center >>>>> Universe is boundless and does not have a center
Earth is special >>>>> There is nothing special about the Earth
Heaven (upward direction) >>>>> Hell (downward direction)

Sorry for the poor formatting. It did not take my spaces/tabs."

To Believers, Is This Evidence For Satan?
Yet it was “evolutionists“ who realized that humans don’t have enough genetic variation to have races Even though some other species do! Creationists don’t actually do science. They mainly write essays and books complaining about confirmed science facts . Real science involves research on how nature works . Natural phenomena only, not superficial understandings of supernatural phenomena

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Once you get out of middle school you start to understand that all religious dogmas are opinions . Even if you still accept the dogmas, you do understand that these are not facts

Which is probably similar what the Romans were saying to their children when asked about the Jews vs the Christians.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yet it was “evolutionists“ who realized that humans don’t have enough genetic variation to have races Even though some other species do! Creationists don’t actually do science. They mainly write essays and books complaining about confirmed science facts . Real science involves research on how nature works . Natural phenomena only, not superficial understandings of supernatural phenomena

To smear all the scientists in the world that happen to be Christians like that - is to lose a lot of believability - why not argue for a more objective believable point?

Ask yourself this ... do you believe that "something that never happened in nature" is "Science fact anyway?". Christians choose not to believe such a thing would be "science fact anyway".

The Smithsonian has an exhibit on display illustrating the problem.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imo, all religions are so closely alike that I don't care. I don't assume my religion is the right one. I feel that I would be narrow minded if I did. What do you think?
Two choices, Life and Death. Life which is Righteousness through Christ or death, a life outside of God's Christ.
So yes I do care about those who are sinning, choosing death.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You assume that facts are the same as truth.
I will believe my dogmas and believe that God is truthful.
You can believe your facts and believe that God is a liar.
We'll see which one gets us the farthest.
I’m adult enough to understand that beliefs and dogmas aren’t always facts . I also understand very well how much the Bible has been edited over the centuries. It’s not that God is a liar, it’s that the modern Bible doesn’t reflect exactly what God said or what he meant. That’s an historical truth .

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m adult enough to understand that beliefs and dogmas aren’t always facts . I also understand very well how much the Bible has been edited over the centuries. It’s not that God is a liar, it’s that the modern Bible doesn’t reflect exactly what God said or what he meant. That’s an historical truth .
Edited, what proof you have of that?

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To smear all the scientists in the world that happen to be Christians like that - is to lose a lot of believability - why not argue for a more objective believable point?

Ask yourself this ... do you believe that "something that never happened in nature" is "Science fact anyway?". Christians choose not to believe such a thing would be "science fact anyway".

The Smithsonian has an exhibit on display illustrating the problem.
I happen to be Christian. I just don’t accept the dogma of separate creation because every single bit of information that we have about humans and every other species says that it isnt an accurate description of living and extinct organisms and how they function in the real world. You’re essentially saying that an allegory is a historical fact . I simply don’t agree because the evidence is not confirming

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Edited, what proof you have of that?
that the Bible has been edited, changed ,bowdlerized,added to and lines, paragraphs and whole books deleted many times ? Are you joking?!?!?!? I knew that when I was 10! Ask any bible scholar.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a lot of faith so I think that God teaches people regardless if they believe in him or not. so I have no problem accepting all the joys that God has freely given so many people, such as biology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
that the Bible has been edited, changed ,bowdlerized,added to and lines, paragraphs and whole books deleted many times ? Are you joking?!?!?!? I knew that when I was 10! Ask any bible scholar.
No.
Where is your proof.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please hold to that fact. If God allows his word to be bastardized into falsehood then he's not much worth being paid attention to regardless. So that means you get to interpret scripture into whatever fits your facts. I don't see anything about evolution in the bible so it means the bible is corrupt and misleading. John 3:16 is just another corrupted line that really should mean something else? How do you figure all this out and still retain the name of Christian? Embrace your facts.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Imo, all religions are so closely alike that I don't care. I don't assume my religion is the right one. I feel that I would be narrow minded if I did. What do you think?
I think its not for man to choose how to forgive sin.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I happen to be Christian. I just don’t accept the dogma of separate creation because every single bit of information that we have about humans and every other species says that it isnt an accurate

That is important. saying something like -- I don't believe the Bible because of all the inferences I draw from humans and other species. That is important to get out and on the table so one knows when one is doing it.

Interesting limit -- for the Word of God.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: section9+1
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No.
Where is your proof.
919BFA36-39D1-4ACA-93E7-0F29B9AD8204.jpeg

Now this is just one edit that’s pretty well known . There are others

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is important. I don't believe the Bible because of all the inferences I draw from humans and other species.

Interesting limit -- for the Word of God.

Creationists never seem to get it that scientists only report what Nature ( God’s Creation) says about itself. Nature ,being Gods creation ,doesn’t lie. I guess you could call that a limitation

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree from your vantage point as a Catholic however, if you are including other non Christian religious practices. Many practice idolatry, some deny the risen Christ while others do not believe in God at all. I must disagree. Not all worship the one true God. That being said, this does not stop me from caring about them as our fellow human beings . Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Creationists never seem to get it that scientists only report what Nature ( God’s Creation) says about itself. Nature ,being Gods creation ,doesn’t lie. I guess you could call that a limitation
Science reports its current understanding of what Nature says about itself. That is not a permanent position and science will admit that. So the scientific fact is actually today's scientific fact which could change in the future. Fact is only a temporary fact. It is not necessarily truth. I don't think 2020 is the pinnacle of fact or truth. It's just where we are at today. I'm more comfortable with truth that flies in the face of fact. God says his creation is not subject to our understanding or approval. And how it reveals itself to us is entirely dependent upon the platforms we choose to view it from.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
that the Bible has been edited, changed ,bowdlerized,added to and lines, paragraphs and whole books deleted many times ? Are you joking?!?!?!? I knew that when I was 10!.

Another great line to be added to the "why I don't believe the Word of God list".

Those who believe in that sort of speculation as you are offering - should logically take the steps you are taking.

For the rest of us - we have proof to the contrary in the Dead Sea Scrolls showing that the exact opposite is the fact established in real history.

Upvote 0