Do you care about people of other religious faiths?

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
are you serious?!?!?! Babies are helpless and they need to be reassured. Evolutionarily speaking a small child left to itself was going to be attacked by a predator. I think Taung Child was about 4- 6 years old when an eagle or other large raptor killed it
Babies are manipulative and need to learn how to self sooth, particularly at night when it's time for them to go to bed. That doesn't mean they are manipulative at all times but come on, anyone who has kids knows that when they were babies they often cried without justification.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m not saying deny but be sincere. Do we beee belief if we know for sure? Do we need faith if we know for sure? Obviously if we knew for sure faith and belief becomes irrelevant right? Scripture calls for belief and faith so why is it so hard for us to admit we aren’t 100% certain?
If belief and faith are part of the way the spiritual world works then an objective reality like this universe may not be the final truth about the nature of other parts of reality. if this universe is like ice then it is possible that some parts of reality are more like air or water.

Human subjectivity is due in part because they are spirits. Just as God is a mind so each of us are. if God wants each of us to have a say about reality, since we ourselves are part of reality and since we are related to God, then how we believe and what faith we have matters because faith is no different than what we are and what we think.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Babies are manipulative and need to learn how to self sooth, particularly at night when it's time for them to go to bed. That doesn't mean they are manipulative at all times but come on, anyone who has kids knows that when they were babies they often cried without justification.
I’ve got 2 kids , one grandson and a great grand daughter. Babies and tots usually cry because they don’t speak enough of a language to tell you what’s wrong . I didn’t use baby talk to mine so they spoke very early . I learned some interesting facts. for example that a 5 month old can tell time just like a dog does. I learned that because he asked about a family member just before that person was due to come home . “Where’s XXXX ? “ is what he said

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not saying deny but be sincere. Do we beee belief if we know for sure? Do we need faith if we know for sure? Obviously if we knew for sure faith and belief becomes irrelevant right? Scripture calls for belief and faith so why is it so hard for us to admit we aren’t 100% certain?

Faith is certainty that is not based on physical evidence.

Edit: Added "physical."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve got 2 kids , one grandson and a great grand daughter. Babies and tots usually cry because they don’t speak enough of a language to tell you what’s wrong . I didn’t use baby talk to mine so they spoke very early . I learned some interesting facts. for example that a 5 month old can tell time just like a dog does. I learned that because he asked about a family member just before that person was due to come home . “Where’s XXXX ? “ is what he said

Something observant parents begin to learn right around the 6-month point is that their babies are just as intelligent as they are...they just haven't been around as long. But, yeah, even at that age they are very swiftly putting together two and two and learning how physics works. It's not all trial-and-error, either. They consider, they ponder, and they reach conclusions about the probable results of an action before they even make the attempt.

But babies are responding only to the material world around them through their natural senses. I don't believe they have a functional spiritual connection to God. I think that connection is what opens up when we are saved and filled with the Holy Spirit...that connection opens for the first time, and we have to learn gradually, over time, to develop it to the point that we can rely on our spiritual senses as fully as we rely on our physical senses. If there is one significant difference between Jesus and the rest of us, I think it's that He was born with his spiritual senses fully communicating with his mind as his physical senses were doing.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't deny that they cry for certain legitimate purposes. Just like children a few years older, sometimes their "speech" is manipulative, lying and sinful. The idea that babies are innocent is nowhere to be found in scripture.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The fraudulent horse series is an "illustration" of simply "arranging fossils" that look like they might yield a helpful story about one thing turning into another over time. The problem is that when digging in the dirt to find such a sequence - no such sequence actually exists in nature.

You could make tree carvings of various reptiles and birds and then line them up claiming that each is a transitional form... but all you are showing is "a sequence" and "a story" not an actual transition "that happened in nature" (apart from your carving exercise that "happened in nature".)
Yeah I know they have all of these artist renditions and so forth. What they neglect to tell you is that they have resorted to drawings because they have no physical proof of the thing illustrated.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't deny that they cry for certain legitimate purposes. Just like children a few years older, sometimes their "speech" is manipulative, lying and sinful. The idea that babies are innocent is nowhere to be found in scripture.

God refused to destroy the Ninivites before they had a chance to learn about Him. He explicitly said it was because of their ignorance.

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would be innocent. But because you say, 'We see,' your sin remains."

Jesus also said, "The servant who knows the master's will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows."

Paul said that men who denied God's existence were culpable explicitly because nature gave them knowledge of God's existence.

I don't believe babies are innocent. But I do believe babies are ignorant, and what we see in scripture is that God takes ignorance into account when making His judgment.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I know they have all of these artist renditions and so forth. What they neglect to tell you is that they have resorted to drawings because they have no physical proof of the thing illustrated.
. Fossils in stone don’t always photograph well . But people can see them easily , so to show what they have observed they have the photos and the drawing . If the bone is missing or broken off , it’s reflected in the drawing by a dotted line if they're showing the entire animal . No fraud involved! And no attempt to defraud either ! Why didn’t you ask a scientist why they use drawings ?
Book illustrations of extinct animals involves some artist license mainly because we don’t know what color they were and in some cases we’re not sure of their lifestyles

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imo, all religions are so closely alike that I don't care. I don't assume my religion is the right one. I feel that I would be narrow minded if I did. What do you think?

You mean the conspiracy that globalists used fear mongering, false computer models, and deceit to get nations to do lockdowns and crash their economies for a virus that has a 99% survival rate?

Except that’s what happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Globalists ?!!?! Oh , gotcha! You’re a science denialist ! Well as I’ve stated I live in NYC. We had 5 deaths yesterday because we locked down, social distanced , masked , shut down the subway at night to clean it. Still clean trains during the day when they come into a terminal. Put barriers in buses to protect drivers Etc etc etc . Not everyone escapes unscathed by this virus I know people who have lost 3-4 family members and I know 6 people personally who have died from this . You’re living in a fools paradise if you think it won’t or can’t hurt you .

Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Faith is certainty that is not based on physical evidence.

Edit: Added "physical."
I get that faith is a strong belief and people feel confident. And if people feel confident it awesome. But faith admits the possibility of being wrong. Belief admits the possibility of being wrong. Again I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t have faith or believe. But we can’t confuse faith and belief with objective absolute truth. It seems and I could be wrong but it seems we refuse to admit the possibility we could be wrong out of fear God will not be happy with us or we just have to much pride maybe I don’t know for sure but it’s really weird to me the difficulty and the lengths we all go to not want to admit we aren’t 100% sure of almost nothing. And it’s completely ok to acknowledge it. It is the truth.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If belief and faith are part of the way the spiritual world works then an objective reality like this universe may not be the final truth about the nature of other parts of reality. if this universe is like ice then it is possible that some parts of reality are more like air or water.

Human subjectivity is due in part because they are spirits. Just as God is a mind so each of us are. if God wants each of us to have a say about reality, since we ourselves are part of reality and since we are related to God, then how we believe and what faith we have matters because faith is no different than what we are and what we think.
So difficult to say I know. We seem to find anyway to not admit the possibility of being in error. Why do you think that is?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So difficult to say I know. We seem to find anyway to not admit the possibility of being in error. Why do you think that is?
That's a very difficult thing to fully explain. A few thoughts about it are:

Want of security, authoritarianism, fear, the need for guarantees, fear of freedom, mortal existence must conceive of things in a finite manner so they may not give enough room to the infinite nature of God, laws in general are restrictive and restraining and many function more according to the law rather than the spirit. Pride.

Personally I think that the unknown is important. Jesus didn't come as a Caesar of Rome but rather he was born in a animal stable in an unimportant country. I think that God does not want to coerce us too much with his Beauty and perfection. He wants us to come to him of our own selves and we couldn't do that if we were always in rapture and enthralled by his divinity. instead of the universe being only light, it is light and darkness. So I think our own self-identity, even if we have flaws, is important to God. And of course all our attachments to things like truth and our stubbornness helped to make our self identity. It is surely important to God that we freely come to him and that might mean blindness, weakness and imperfection for a Time.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve learned to be sceptical of stuff that I’ve got no evidence for , at that point it’s just he said ,she said . So someone who tells me that God is angry with me for a accepting verified evidence just gets an eyeroll from me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you believe Mohammad is a false prophet, why do you accept his prophecies as if they are true?

Scripture says:

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him." Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Because they sync up with Christian prophecy and add more detail.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟693,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yet they don't "sync up" nor do they "add more detail"...

This is a huge issue here. False prophets give false prophecies, believing they add anything to Truth is to be deceived.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Just to clarify are you saying Mohammed was teaching only pure doctrine -- in line with scripture? Are you saying God gave him his message?

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to clarify are you saying Mohammed was teaching only pure doctrine -- in line with scripture? Are you saying God gave him his message?

I'm talking about some prophecy about the end-time.

Stunning research suggest the Mahdi and the Antichrist may actually be the same

From the video description on YouTube:

"The Bible predicts in the last days a charismatic leader will establish a global following in the name of peace. Islamic prophecy also predicts that a man will rise up to lead the nations, pledging to usher in an era of peace. Islam's savior is called the Mahdi. However, the man in the Bible is the Antichrist.Stunning research and analysis suggest the Mahdi and the Antichrist may actually be one and the same."

"Yes, Muslims believe in Jesus. And that he will return. And that when he does, he will slaughter all the Jews and Christians who fail to convert to Islam! In the Muslim view, Jesus is not the prime player, he is the sidekick of the Mahdi, the new Caliph (or total ruler of the world, uniting the political and religious spheres in a single authority)."

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Muslims believe in Jesus. And that he will return. And that when he does, he will slaughter all the Jews and Christians who fail to convert to Islam! In the Muslim view, Jesus is not the prime player, he

Those are typical tribalistic human views of God. I tend to avoid all savagery regardless of what outer skin it appears to have. Christianity too has in various times and ways fallen captive to this evil spirit. Since Christianity is capable of being corrupted it also means that other religions are capable of being good.

Upvote 0