Do you believe that there are terror cells in your country?

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,748.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is this a legitimate warning that should concern us and our governments?
Is so, what should be done about it?

9/11 was the last call to turn things around. Now it's too late.

Now just think about this. Your security is dependent on people who are utterly sleeping. I'm talking about the voting public. If they don't care about security then they elect people who also don't care. But that's too simplistic. In addition to the sleeping public, some groups of Americans actively want to drag down America. Hello, open borders.

Weakness is strength.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I doubt if the US security services are sleeping. The politicians and the voting public might be (or might not be), but they're not the ones who do the monitoring.

I do think one of the problems the US has is the (usually right wing) militia groups. I remember my old pastor saying over 30 years ago that he thought they'd cause a lot of trouble down the track.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,748.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt if the US security services are sleeping. The politicians and the voting public might be (or might not be), but they're not the ones who do the monitoring.

I do think one of the problems the US has is the (usually right wing) militia groups. I remember my old pastor saying over 30 years ago that he thought they'd cause a lot of trouble down the track.

You live in Australia. Is anybody more asleep than those who live in Australia? Big island with lots of resources and crappy defenses. Ripe for the taking if you ask me.

I'm an American living in Switzerland. I got fed up with Americans sleeping long ago.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We're all under threat. I'll grant you we're vulnerable with 25 million people and 8 million square million kilometres with powerful neighbours - China 1.4 billion, India 1.39 billion, Indonesia 280 million, Japan 125 million, Phillppines 113 million, and so on.

We're off topic anyway - it was about terrorist cells within nations, not the mililtary threats between nations.

But I'll quote you my old pastor again. He remarked "I think we (Anglo-Saxons / Europeans / present Australian population) have been put here in a 'caretaker' role between the original indigenous civilisation and the next one" (whatever it will be - I've got my own thoughts on that).

There are already far more Asians here than there were when I was a kid when we still had the "White Australia" policy. When i was young it was rare to see Asian faces - there was the occasional Chinese but not much else.

Now Asians are everywhere, along with Africans, South Sea Islanders and some South Americans.

Of the top ten nations for immigration in 2021-22 seven were Asian. Only the UK, NZ, and South Africa were not. I don't know if the South African contingent were mostly European or African. There are quite a lot of Middle Easterners. One thing is clear - the 'caretaker' role of what might be called the Anglo-Saxon race is being challenged. And if we are invaded by another nation, it's unfortunate but I doubt if our indigenous population will fare any better than they have under us. I think they'd do a great deal worse but that's just my opinion.

The top 10 countries providing the most permanent migrants to Australia in order of rank for 2021–22 are:
  1. India
  2. People’s Republic of China
  3. United Kingdom
  4. Philippines
  5. Nepal
  6. Vietnam
  7. New Zealand
  8. Hong Kong (SAR of the PRC)
  9. Pakistan
  10. South Africa
But I wouldn't be too smug about being in Europe. You're being challenged yourself by Moslem immigration and you still have a nuclear armed Russia over the border with a war going on at the borders of Eastern Europe. In an age of inter continental nuclear missiles none of us are immune.

The only real security will be the next life IF we get to heaven.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,531.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

There is a saying used by terrorist bombers: 'We only need to be lucky once. You must be lucky all the time.'

In the UK there are more far-right terrorists than Islamists and Irish nationalists for breaches of the anti-terrorist legislation in prison. The threat level has been lowered from 'imminent', which is actually a good(ish) sign.

Upvote 0