Do you believe that every believer is filled with the Spirit when they are saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

onelamb

Boy sounds like you're holding onto a lot of bitterness against the AOG Jim! I do agree with the AOG on this subject-(the baptism in the Holy Spirit) and I know my beliefs have been instilled in me by the Spirit of Truth who guides me into all truth=and I am not a member of the AOG.
I believe the Bible is plain that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is AFTER salvation-and includes as the initial evidence speaking in other tongues as the Spirit enables. Don't forget Pauls words--"Have you received the Holy Spirit SINCE you believed."
The disciples were certianly saved-if you'll read John 20 you will see they already had the Spirit-but there was more-the Holy Spirit baptism which they received in Acts 2:4

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
onelamb said:
Boy sounds like you're holding onto a lot of bitterness against the AOG Jim! I do agree with the AOG on this subject-(the baptism in the Holy Spirit) and I know my beliefs have been instilled in me by the Spirit of Truth who guides me into all truth=and I am not a member of the AOG.
I believe the Bible is plain that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is AFTER salvation-and includes as the initial evidence speaking in other tongues as the Spirit enables. Don't forget Pauls words--"Have you received the Holy Spirit SINCE you believed."
The disciples were certianly saved-if you'll read John 20 you will see they already had the Spirit-but there was more-the Holy Spirit baptism which they received in Acts 2:4
Oh, gosh no, onelamb. I love the AOG and all that they gave to me in my growth in Christ. It is only some finer points of doctrine that I disagree with. I have no hard feelings at all. Where did you get that idea? My brother is a devoted AOG missionary and most of my family is AOG. Many of my dearest friends are AOG ministers and I still cherish the love the District Superintendent showed me with tears in his eyes when I had to hand him my resignation as an AOG minister. There is no hard feelings at all and we still fellowship with AOG believers on a regular basis. Just because I can no longer agree on some points with them does not mean I do not love them. Deeply.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.