Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Do you agree or disagree?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Evolution itself has evolved because it can't prove its premis. It used to say we came from apes that apes were our ancestor. But it has evolved in its presentation and took away that part. Now it's a common ancestor even though they can't say or show what that common ancestor was. If you follow their logic far enough every living thing including plants and animals, cells viruses esentially everything came from a common ancestor. That takes as much faith to believe as it does to believe that God just created it. Cause there is no proof of any of it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Absolutely, I have often thought the same. Atheists often do not realize the faith they put in their own beliefs, because science has in no way proved beyond a doubt that Darwinian evolution is true.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, I have often thought the same. Atheists often do not realize the faith they put in their own beliefs, because science has in no way proved beyond a doubt that Darwinian evolution is true.
There are mountains of evidence for evolution. That's why it is I central concept in modern science. The fact that one believes in evolution does not automatically mean one is an atheist. Probably the vast majority of Christians do hold with evolution. I know I do. I believe evolution would be impossible without God. About the only Christians who have trouble with evolution are those in the American Bible Belt.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Evolution itself has evolved because it can't prove its premis. It used to say we came from apes that apes were our ancestor. But it has evolved in its presentation and took away that part. Now it's a common ancestor even though they can't say or show what that common ancestor was. If you follow their logic far enough every living thing including plants and animals, cells viruses esentially everything came from a common ancestor. That takes as much faith to believe as it does to believe that God just created it. Cause there is no proof of any of it.

Evolution never claimed that we cane from apes, as I said in my previous post. That was a major myth among lay persons who haven't done their homework. As to the common ancestor, I think you will find there are several likely candidates. Also statements such as "evolution has evolved because it can't prove its point" are contradictory, to start with. If there is no evolution, then it can't evolve. Furthermore, there are mountains of evidence to support evolution. That's why it is a central tenet in modern science.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There are mountains of evidence for evolution. That's why it is I central concept in modern science. The fact that one believes in evolution does not automatically mean one is an atheist. Probably the vast majority of Christians do hold with evolution. I know I do. I believe evolution would be impossible without God. About the only Christians who have trouble with evolution are those in the American Bible Belt.

I am talking here about Darwinian evolution, the view of evolution that claims we have no Creator.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking of Darwinian evolution.

Actually, I see no problem with evolution in general. What I do have a problem with is evolution that says we are not created by God but instead the product of however many years of evolutionary processes, starting with single celled organisms.
Nobody today uses the term "Darwinian." The term now used is "neo-Darwinian," by the way. The original term was "Darwin-Wallace theory." Darwin never said that God was out of the picture. In fact, he would have become a country parson, had he not gone on the Beagle.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nobody today uses the term "Darwinian." The term now used is "neo-Darwinian," by the way. The original term was "Darwin-Wallace theory." Darwin never said that God was out of the picture. In fact, he would have become a country parson, had he not gone on the Beagle.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. :)

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am talking here about Darwinian evolution, the view of evolution that claims we have no Creator.
"Darwinian" evolution does not necessarily claim there is no Creator. It depends on teh particular scientist. As I pointe out before, science is neutral on the question of God. When scientists speak about God, one way or the other, they have stepped out of science and into theology. That's OK by me, as long as we and they realize they have stepped into another field, one outside the realm of science.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"Darwinian" evolution does not necessarily claim there is no Creator. It depends on teh particular scientist. As I pointe out before, science is neutral on the question of God. When scientists speak about God, one way or the other, they have stepped out of science and into theology. That's OK by me, as long as we and they realize they have stepped into another field, one outside the realm of science.

Although, in pretty much every conversation I've had with Atheists on this topic, they use this view of evolution to claim that since we descended from "a common ancestor" we "know" there is no Creator.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
P.S. I wish people would give AR Wallace more credit here. He actually came up with the idea of survival of teh fittest, not Darwin. That's why it was originally called Darwin-Wallace. Wallace got dropped, due to the fact Darwin published and got all the press. At last, they have now at least included a portrait of Wallace in the British Museum of Natural History, though I think he deserves a big statue, like the one they installed for Darwin.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Although, in pretty much every conversation I've had with Atheists on this topic, they use this view of evolution to claim that since we descended from "a common ancestor" we "know" there is no Creator.
I've heard that, too. However, it is an irrational argument.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've heard that, too. However, it is an irrational argument.

Sure, and it is one that will continue to be used. And it goes in line with then accusing Christians of being unintelligent and unenlightened. (Backwards thinking, and refusing to accept proven "fact.")

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I must confess equally boldly that my own solid hopes for the well-being of my country depend, not so much on her navies and armies, nor on the wisdom of her rulers, nor on the spirit of her people, as on the persuasion that she still contains many who love and obey the Gospel of Christ. I believe that their prayers may yet prevail.
~William Wilberforce~

Amen... where / who would we be if our Lord hadn't saved us.

I remember a sociology professor years ago jumping for joy when someone published the idea that our earliest ancestors were ape-like creatures that were living in trees and one day one or more of them decided to drop down on the ground. Whoooooooost!! People!!

I remember years ago the artist's conception of evolution in National Geographic. It showed earthly ape-like creatures in the linkage, eventually resulting in an adult human male.

I remember when evolution wasn't taught in public schools.

Today??? Spiritual Truth is destroyed by intellectualism, and so-called scientific research, from pre-school thru Ph.D.

I warn my great-grandchildren: Whatever you are taught about evolution, don't believe it! Tell your teachers and professors that your grandfather would like to be a guest lecturer ..... for an entire year.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I remember a sociology professor years ago jumping for joy when someone published the idea that our earliest ancestors were ape-like creatures that were living in trees and one day one or more of them decided to drop down on the ground. Whoooooooost!! People!!

I remember years ago the artist's conception of evolution in National Geographic. It showed earthly ape-like creatures in the linkage, eventually resulting in an adult human male.

Today??? Spiritual Truth is destroyed by intellectualism, and so-called scientific research, from pre-school thru Ph.D.

I warn my great-grandchildren: Whatever you are taught about evolution, don't believe it! Tell you teachers and professors that your grandfather would like to be a guest lecturer ..... for an entire year.

Yes! You definitely should! :D Thank you for teaching your great-grandchildren not to believe it simply because it's taught in schools. We need more of this in this day and age.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
All religions suffer from the Santa syndrome, which is:
If you stop reinforcing a belief then children will eventually stop believing it.
Disagree. Religion is too broad of a term for me to say "all religions" on this matter.
How about Santa Science* and Santa Evolution?

* Santa Naturalism actually...
Well, yeah, if a school district has a subpar science curriculum, and the children don't have adequate access to science books and kid-friendly science websites, then it's unlikely that they'll acquire sufficient knowledge of it...it's hard to agree with something you don't understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,277.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Evolution never claimed that we cane from apes, as I said in my previous post. That was a major myth among lay persons who haven't done their homework. As to the common ancestor, I think you will find there are several likely candidates. Also statements such as "evolution has evolved because it can't prove its point" are contradictory, to start with. If there is no evolution, then it can't evolve. Furthermore, there are mountains of evidence to support evolution. That's why it is a central tenet in modern science.
I see you noticed my play on words![emoji3]. And yes evolution did teach that. I remember that from my science classes. We had pictures and everything! I was a Christian then and thought it was dumb then.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I see you noticed my play on words![emoji3]. And yes evolution did teach that. I remember that from my science classes. We had pictures and everything! I was a Christian then and thought it was dumb then.

If some one taught you that evolution is saying we came from apes, they were dead, dead wrong. Demand your money back for that course.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Where does the view claim that?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where does the view claim that?

It has been said to me many times. The argument I have encountered (and I am not referring to this forum in particular) is that since science has discovered what we've descended from, this disproves a Creator.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I warn my great-grandchildren: Whatever you are taught about evolution, don't believe it! Tell your teachers and professors that your grandfather would like to be a guest lecturer ..... for an entire year.
This post strikes me as incredibly arrogant. It seems you are arguing laity, such as yourself, know far more about it than all these highly educated research scientists. So, good luck on trying to be a guest lecturer. Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism from your audience.
Also, evolution is actually not taught that thoroughly in public schools. That is part of teh problem. Students are maybe given a smattering of evolution, as is true of other scientific fields, but that really isn't very much.
That the real truth is being destroyed by intellectuals is the hue can cry of just about every fascist, oppressive government, from Nazi Germany to Red China. Let's keep all those pointy headed intellectuals, all those effete intellectual snobs (as old Spiral T. said) under lock and key; they simply ask too many disturbing questions.

Upvote 0