Do we know what feast Paul was going to attend in Acts 18:21?

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You lied to us once already by saying you were leaving this MJ forum, but here you are again derailing another thread.​

I know when i've overstayed my welcome. Nice to know you. don't get trapped into the web, Christ delivered you from.

god bless​

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing amusing about replacement theology nor dual house theology.

I strongly suggest that you mind manners of the sop of this sub-forum.

Have you not read my posts. I don't believe in replacement theology of any sort. Both Jew and Gentile are equal members into Christ's flock. Dual house theology?..are you resorting back to the North and South Judah (historically)?...why go there? Christ died for your sins....rejoice.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Apostles were Christians, there's no doubt about that.
That's both funny and so sad that you think the Apostles were gentiles. For your information Yeshua was Jewish. Next thing you're going to tell us is that the Apostles were Catholic and Peter was the first Pope.
The feast Paul attended was the breaking of bread, a remembrance of the last supper till we unite with Christ again in the new heavens and new earth, which Paul may have performed every week. (i still have to work that one out, its in the scripture)
Was it a dream? Did you eat too much pizza before bedtime.

In that, you think you're more blessed with spiritual insight than Messianic Jews in this MJ forum you should ask CF if you can apply for high christian administrating facilitator of this MJ forum.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus.
There are a few mentions that point to sukkot the 3rd High Holy Yom.
One is bolded, the other is insight into more than a single chapter leading up to ole sh'aul experiencing loveless opposition while visiting ephesus..

After this, Sha’ul left Athens and went to Corinth, 2 where he met a Jewish man named Aquila, originally from Pontus but having recently come with his wife Priscilla from Italy, because Claudius had issued a decree expelling all the Jews from Rome. Sha’ul went to see them; 3 and because he had the same trade as they, making tents, he stayed on with them; and they worked together.

4 Sha’ul also began carrying on discussions every Shabbat in the synagogue, where he tried to convince both Jews and Greeks. 5 But after Sila and Timothy arrived from Macedonia, Sha’ul felt pressed by the urgency of the message and testified in depth to the Jews that Yeshua is the Messiah. 6 However when they set themselves against him and began hurling insults, he shook out his clothes and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! For my part, I am clean; from now on, I will go to the Goyim!”

7 So he left them and went into the home of a “God-fearer” named Titius Justus, whose house was right next door to the synagogue. 8 Crispus, the president of the synagogue, came to trust in the Lord, along with his whole household; also many of the Corinthians who heard trusted and were immersed.

9 One night, in a vision, the Lord said to Sha’ul, “Don’t be afraid, but speak right up, and don’t stop, 10 because I am with you. No one will succeed in harming you, for I have many people in this city.” 11 So Sha’ul stayed there for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

12 But when Gallio became the Roman governor of Achaia, the unbelieving Jews made a concerted attack on Sha’ul and took him to court, 13 saying, “This man is trying to persuade people to worship God in ways that violate the Torah.” 14 Sha’ul was just about to open his mouth, when Gallio said to the Jews, “Listen, you Jews, if this were a case of inflicted injury or a serious crime, I could reasonably be expected to hear you out patiently. 15 But since it involves questions about words and names and your own law, then you must deal with it yourselves. I flatly refuse to judge such matters.” 16 And he had them ejected from the court. 17 They all grabbed Sosthenes, the president of the synagogue, and gave him a beating in full view of the bench; but Gallio showed no concern whatever.

18 Sha’ul remained for some time, then said good-bye to the brothers and sailed off to Syria, after having his hair cut short in Cenchrea, because he had taken a vow; with him were Priscilla and Aquila.

19 They came to Ephesus, and he left them there; but he himself went into the synagogue and held dialogue with the Jews. 20 When they asked him to stay with them longer, he declined; 21 however, in his farewell he said, “God willing, I will come back to you.” Then he set sail from Ephesus.

22 After landing at Caesarea, he went up to Yerushalayim and greeted the Messianic community. Then he came down to Antioch, 23 spent some time there, and afterwards set out and passed systematically through the region of Galatia and Phrygia, strengthening all the talmidim.

24 Meanwhile, a Jewish man named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent speaker with a thorough knowledge of the Tanakh. 25 This man had been informed about the Way of the Lord, and with great spiritual fervor he spoke and taught accurately the facts about Yeshua, but he knew only the immersion of Yochanan. 26 He began to speak out boldly in the synagogue; but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the Way of God in fuller detail. 27 When he made plans to cross over into Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote the talmidim there to welcome him. On arrival, he greatly helped those who through grace had come to trust; 28 for he powerfully and conclusively refuted the unbelieving Jews in public, demonstrating by the Tanakh that Yeshua is the Messiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I strongly suggest that you mind manners of the sop of this sub-forum.
He's just trying to teach Messianic Jews that they aren't Christians, but that the Apostles were Christians going to the synagogue on Sunday.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's both funny and so sad that you think the Apostles were gentiles. For your information Yeshua was Jewish. Next thing you're going to tell us is that the Apostles were Catholic and Peter was the first Pope.
Was it a dream? Did you eat too much pizza before bedtime.

In that, you think you're more blessed with spiritual insight than Messianic Jews in this MJ forum you should ask CF if you can apply for high christian administrating facilitator of this MJ forum.

Your haughty attitude, almighty God will bring down. Are you trying to learn me Jesus was Jewish? I know he was and he went through suffering no person can ever do again, no Apostile was a Gentile, they spread the Gospel to Gentiles as Jesus commanded them to do.

You have difficulty with John 7:37-39....ask why is that?, is it because of tradition? I've had to examine my life/traditions and still am.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if you are a Jew and saved by Jesus Christ's blood shed at calvary, maybe your mission is to go into the Synagogue on a Saturday like Paul did. The Holy spirit will lead you, he'll not leave you abandoned in your time of need.

God bless

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I strongly suggest that you (Victor) mind manners of the sop of this sub-forum.
Do you think he's even read the sop or cares? It's obvious his agenda is to convince MJ's that the Jewish Apostles were Christians and therefore had little, if any, interest in honoring/observing the Feasts Of The LORD (typical Christian attitude).

As far as the OPs intent in starting this thread it's obvious Victor's agenda was to derail it as if the Feasts Of The LORD are ancient history of no interest to him and therefor should be of little interest to MJ's. He took it upon himself to inform members of this MJ forum that these Feasts were replaced with a little communion wafer and a thimble of grape juice once a month (itself a type of RT).​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
if you are a Jew and saved by Jesus Christ's blood shed at calvary, maybe your mission is to go into the Synagogue on a Saturday. The Holy spirit will lead you.

God bless
I prefer to listen during Shabbat

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I prefer to listen during Shabbat

maybe its not your calling. you have already said why paul went into the Synagogue in post [24], the same with Acts 13. It wasn't to have a feast, it was to preach the gospel.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you think he's even read the sop or cares? It's obvious his agenda is to convince MJ's that the Jewish Apostles were Christians and therefore had little, if any, interest in honoring/observing the Feasts Of The LORD (typical Christian attitude).

As far as the OPs intent in starting this thread it's obvious Victor's agenda was to derail it as if the Feasts Of The LORD are ancient history of no interest to him or should they be to MJ's. He took it upon himself to inform member of this MJ forum that these Feasts were replaced with a little communion wafer and thimble of grape juice once a month (itself a type of RT).​
If you recall my heads up warning about a certain amount of supposed friends.

Keep due diligence with keen eyes upon those who are restricted by a certain governing doctrine of devil's to restrain from bread and wine during pesach.

The enemy holds them to grape juice(milk) along with a leaven of malice.

Something that is no secret to the inspectors of the many congregations.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
maybe its not your calling. you have already said why paul went into the Synagogue in post [24], the same with Acts 13. It wasn't to have a feast, it was to preach the gospel.
And with glad tidings there are many That receive a Word of Washing on a Holy Shabbat with an honorable bond of peace.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paul went to the synagogue on a Saturday to convince the Jews that Christ was the risen Messiah. Acts 13:1-12. Elymas, the opponent to the Gospel.
Do you really think you had to come to this MJ forum to inform us as if you thought MJ's were blind as if we don't have the Apostolic writings in our Bible ?

Did you wear out your welcome on other Christian forums, so you decided to come here until you also wore out your welcome in this MJ forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you really think you had to come to this MJ forum to inform us as if you thought MJ's were blind as if we don't have the Apostolic writings in our Bible ?

Did you wear out your welcome on other Christian forums, so you decided to come here until you also wore out your welcome in this MJ forum.

i can sense your very uneasy and defensive, btw-that's not me, you "know" its Christ that is working within. I pray the Lord Jesus Christ will raise up men and women like Paul, John, etc to boldly preach the Gospel of salvation in synagogues around the world and many people will be converted to Christ.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And with glad tidings there are many That receive a Word of Washing on a Holy Shabbat with an honorable bond of peace.

Blessings Always

.....but do they truly want to believe in Christ or are they like polite Elymas and refuse (a gentle calming, almost God-like refusal to the Gospel. Modern day ex-communication is subtle, they don't dip you in tar and set you alight these days, they do it subtly as if it never happened (whisper, whisper, whisper). The Elymas's these days are what the world calls 'gentlemen'. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i can sense your very uneasy and defensive, btw-that's not me, you "know" its Christ that is working within. I pray the Lord Jesus Christ will raise up men and women like Paul, John, etc to boldly preach the Gospel of salvation in synagogues around the world and many people will be converted to Christ.
Yeshua is preached every Shabbat to those with ears.

Blessed be The Holy One

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
.....but do they truly want to believe in Christ or are they like polite Elymas and refuse (a gentle calming, almost God-like refusal to the Gospel. Modern day ex-communication is subtle, they don't dip you in tar and set you alight these days, they do it subtly as if it never happened (whisper, whisper, whisper). The Elymas's these days are what the world calls 'gentlemen'. ;)
Removing leaven is well known to Those mature sons and daughters that abide in The True vine of Ruach.

1 Peter 2:1
Ephesians 4:31
1 Thessalonians 5:22

Listen closely to the testimony given in acts and you will find an article of armor worth time given in charity.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0