Texas
✟32,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People sure do love playing games with me. Even Christians are no better with deception than say a Satanist. After a couple of years of wasting my life on half-hearted people who say they care about me in general but ended up proving otherwise I am confused and afraid of digging myself further into a hole with crazy nuts while overlooking the people who do love me. Prepare yourselves for the stupidest question youll receive all day. How can I determine through word, thought and action that people truly care about me?

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
People don't care. It's up to you to show that you really care for them, regardless of how they are. This is what proves that we are loved by God: we don't need the people's love to love them.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. ~John 13:34

It doesn't matter what they do. It's not going to stop me from obeying Christ.

Upvote 0

Matthew Frazier

Imma Jesus Freak baby ;D
Dec 6, 2017
Texas
✟32,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People don't care. It's up to you to show that you really care for them, regardless of how they are. This is what proves that we are loved by God: we don't need the people's love to love them.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. ~John 13:34

It doesn't matter what they do. It's not going to stop me from obeying Christ.
But what if you have people like parents or your best of best friends who care about you already? Do they care anymore than the rest of the general population?

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
But what if you have people like parents or your best of best friends who care about you already? Do they care anymore than the rest of the general population?
As a rule, no. The people don't care in general and anytime someone is acting as one of the people they are acting without care.

If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. ~Luke 6:32

Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. ~Matthew 10:37

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People sure do love playing games with me. Even Christians are no better with deception than say a Satanist. After a couple of years of wasting my life on half-hearted people who say they care about me in general but ended up proving otherwise I am confused and afraid of digging myself further into a hole with crazy nuts while overlooking the people who do love me. Prepare yourselves for the stupidest question youll receive all day. How can I determine through word, thought and action that people truly care about me?
In a word, discernment.....ask God to reveal it to you but as some here have said, make sure that you don't use it as an excuse not to Love them

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can I determine through word, thought and action that people truly care about me?

My brother, you are essentially answering your own question. You will know through their words, but especially through their actions. Over time they will establish themselves as true friends who stand by you in the most important things and at the most crucial times.

But be ready for some let downs. Ultimately the Lord Jesus Christ Himself is the only One who will never fail you. It is why the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with your whole heart, mind, soul and strength first. Then love others second.

Blessings in Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You sound as though you actually expected people to not let you down. People will always let you down actually. Even the best, if you come to totally rely on them, will eventually let you down. It's how we are. God will not . You need a good dose of Jesus Christ and His Spirit in your heart, even then you will let yourself down. Stay in touch with the Lord, maybe He will bring someone to you who is fairly reliable, just don't expect perfection because non of us has that except in the Spirit.

It's not that it is hopeless. A lot has to do with our expectations in others. We are all flawed though. Have you been a perfect friend to someone else today yourself ? I can answer that for you, no ! Of course not, because we are all flawed. God is who you want, you can rely on Him.

We go to church because we are not perfect, to get a dose of "built up". But it doesn't last much past the front door on the way out. By the time the wheels hit the street leaving the parking lot it's 2/3 forgotten. But that 1/3 is diamonds and rubies if we can hang onto a portion of just that much, then In time maybe we are a little bit better people for it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You can only control how much you care about others.
We rarely have insight on the depth of others commiment
to us, even after decades.

Your best bet is with family members, but they can turn on you as well.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
It takes time. Don't trust anyone until they demonstrate they can be trusted, and even then, don't trust completely.

Upvote 0

Dynamaniac

Apr 23, 2018
Houston
✟10,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of us is without sin. We are none, not one, perfect. Our walk is ours and we each one answer only to the Lord. It is not how we are treated or loved in return, it is how we love. We love because He first loved us. It is not about what they deserve, it's about what you demonstrate. Love is something we do, it's not something we feel. It's an action, not a feeling. Trust God to protect you and learn from others how not to be. Our goal is to look like Him, to be His hands and feet on this earth. God loves ALL of us and Jesus died for ALL of us. Who are we to decide who is deserving of love? Who are we to second guess our creator? Maybe God is using you to teach someone else how to love unconditionally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a word, discernment.....ask God to reveal it to you but as some here have said, make sure that you don't use it as an excuse not to Love them
1 Corinthians 1.30 says: "Of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who of God is made unto us wisdom..." We need to seek His wisdom day by day...

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Edwin627

Jan 11, 2017
England
✟28,651.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
These are some hard facts about the world. Messiah said that most people will go to the pit and only a few will take the straight and narrow path to Heaven. So, we wonder why the world is in the state it is in? Further we are told "Even the righteous are just barely saved."

If you find a few people who really care about you, you are blessed, but count on it that they will probably all be disappointing in some ways. And guess what? They will probably feel the same way about you.

I think it is interesting that when, at the Last Supper, Messiah said one of the disciples would betray Him, no one (but Judas) had a clue who in the heck he was talking about. I believe this shows that the other disciples never saw Messiah showing any less love to Judas than to them.

"Love your enemies.... Do good to those who spitefully abuse you."

Though it is always sad when people are disappointing, still our first focus should be on our own path and whether or not we are being pleasing (not disappointing) to the Lord. When you get into His agape love - and always pray for that as for discernment - it's like you still feel the pain, but somehow it is softened a whole lot.

• Agree
Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0