united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for these great informative responses.

I was thinking about there being a mandatory curriculum in the classroom for boys and for girls too, separate of course, on how to handle their urges and on what is proper.

special funds would be allocated in education funding, to provide instruction on this special curriculum.

doesn't seem to be enough instruction going on at home, maybe?

but I don't want to put the blame all on the parents.

it seems more instinctual or DNA driven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In light of the huge number of sexual harassment and sexual assault charges being reported in the press, I got to wondering if men need to be treated as having special needs.

This is an honest question.

I wonder if god made the drive to procreate so powerful, it could not fail.

Perhaps men really do need to be protected from us women, bc they really have such a terrible struggle to handle this powerful drive.

Perhaps they cannot function through out their lives and be successful with women all around looking so lovely, as god designed us to be.

Should we really be staying at home and protecting the men so as to not be in the work place?

Should we be taking a cue from the middle eastern culture and cover ourselves as well?

What protections should men be offered?

...maybe. That is, if we human men are just a bunch of pointy eared Vulcans who have to contend with Pon Farr every other day of our lives. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A lot of this stuff has to do with selfishness, pride, and ego. They want to feel like some kind of conquering hunter bagging their trophies. They aren't looking for any connection and many times they don't know this but they aren't even really looking for the physical feeling of sexual gratification though that is the "goal" as it were. The "goal" being "what is the fastest way I can get this woman's clothes off." They do and say crude things simply because they can, and sometimes it works. If they are in a position of power especially in show business, there is a good chance they will get what they want and if someone complains, they just have them fill out a form and it gets "reviewed." In sho-biz it probably wouldn't even go that far. In the corporate world, you better have some proof or another woman on your side who he has done the same thing to or else it might not go anywhere and you will be canned the first mistake you make. So they say and do crude things, get away with it, and low and behold, sometimes it works with the right one. They get straight to it and he hits his target with the first shot right at the start of the hunt. Point scored, another trophy bagged. It's disgusting behavior and it's disgusting that they get away with it and are successful at it. The only way to stop it is if men stop pursuing and women stop saying yes and report them. Neither one will be happening anytime soon I think.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus told men to gouge out their eyes and cut off their hands. He didn't tell women to cover themselves up. This is not to endorse immodesty. It's just to demonstrate who has the primary responsibility for godliness in our society.

Actually he did, through Paul. 1 Timothy 2:9, Titus 2:5.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for these great informative responses.

I was thinking about there being a mandatory curriculum in the classroom for boys and for girls too, separate of course, on how to handle their urges and on what is proper.

special funds would be allocated in education funding, to provide instruction on this special curriculum.

it seems more instinctual or DNA driven.

We are living in a violent and highly sexualized age, like many civilizations were just before they fell. :eek:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="hope, post: 72052624, member: 383109"]Thank you for these great informative responses.
it seems more instinctual or DNA driven.[/QUOTE
==================================================
The parents are responsible to raise the children as they should.(and have failed)
The church is responsible for what the church does (and has failed).
The government is what it is ,
whether of the people for the people (which has failed),
or dictatorships/ monarchies/ kings/ (which have at times succeeded and at times have failed),

and pouring money into the "education system" has failed miserably, since the education system was set up and/or continues NOT based on GOD'S WORD.(TRUTH).

The government / financial system OVER the education system, by which the education system is funded and controlled , failed long before the current status of all the systems including the education system.

What then is the solution ?

There is none.

Not for society. The whole world is under a death sentence.

For God's People (mostly parents), there is SALVATION/ RELIEF/ HOPE/ JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS !
exactly as written IN GOD'S WORD. No other way.

Whenever any church or group or government agrees to this, they 'succeed' as God Says.

So far, few have. Many have gone (or stayed) astray.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In light of the huge number of sexual harassment and sexual assault charges being reported in the press, I got to wondering if men need to be treated as having special needs.
I am curious: Why would sexual needs of men be considered "special?"

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Coming from a personal viewpoint, men are very very weak when it comes to the opposite sex!
That may be true. But why is it "special;" especially if it affects all men?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
The title of the thread.

But men don't have special needs. If one says that, then some women require special needs too. No two men / women are the same.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, men do have a special need, a special need to be occupied with the work of men.

Why did King David get into trouble? Because he wasn't out doing what he was supposed to be doing.

In both sexes, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop," but I do believe that the sexes have intrinsic differences in what best keeps them emotionally occupied.

Moreover, I think social civilization tends toward emotional occupations better suited for women than for men, with men being emotionally frustrated, and that frustration being taken out on women.

How well individual men deal with it, or how successful individual men are able to find emotionally occupying activities varies, well, individually. But I think as the level of civilization increases, the proportion of men who are effectively living the level of leisure enjoyed by King David also increases.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "modesty" mentioned there was NOT about how much skin was showing or where; it was about not making a gaudy show of wealth.

So it's ok for Christian women to 'show some skin' publically whether married or single?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it's ok for Christian women to 'show some skin' publically whether married or single?
That is an issue that is culturally determined.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is an issue that is culturally determined.

Most women dress quite modestly. The only period of real 'immodesty' in my lifetime was the short-lived period of the miniskirt.

Upvote 0