united states
✟285,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In light of the huge number of sexual harassment and sexual assault charges being reported in the press, I got to wondering if men need to be treated as having special needs.

This is an honest question.

I wonder if god made the drive to procreate so powerful, it could not fail.

Perhaps men really do need to be protected from us women, bc they really have such a terrible struggle to handle this powerful drive.

Perhaps they cannot function through out their lives and be successful with women all around looking so lovely, as god designed us to be.

Should we really be staying at home and protecting the men so as to not be in the work place?

Should we be taking a cue from the middle eastern culture and cover ourselves as well?

What protections should men be offered?

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I can only speak for myself.

I have one wife, two jobs, three kids and everything I do is for them.

I have never sexually assaulted anyone. I have never sexually harassed anyone. I have never engaged in “locker room talk” around coworker or others.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In light of the huge number of sexual harassment and sexual assault charges being reported in the press
The actual number of sexual sins committed by men against women is much much greater than what is reported openly. This has been true pracitally always, in every country, since both before and after the worldwide flood. This is one reason why the world was destroyed by Yahweh by water once,
and why the world will be destroyed again, by fire.
I got to wondering if men need to be treated as having special needs.
"sin"...... a special need? no, it is universal. (men and women).

Unless they each likewise repent, they all shall perish. (as Jesus said about those who died in the tower accident)

So what everyone needs is the GOSPEL OF JESUS, to seek YAHWEH, if perhaps there is still time for them to be saved for eternal life.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was waiting for someone to offer this. The answer is "no". It's a total cop out. Men can control themselves if necessary. The bible talks about exercising self-control. Virtually all of these men were married but chose to violate another person. As we can clearly see, even though Muslim women cover up, they are still raped and molested. Although women should not entice men, they are not responsible for the actions of men.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The harassment cases in the news involve men in positions of power or influence. For too long, there has been one standard for rank-and-file and another for those at the top in positions of authority or influence. The protection needed is to apply the same standard of expected behavior (especially workplace behavior) to everyone.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told men to gouge out their eyes and cut off their hands. He didn't tell women to cover themselves up. This is not to endorse immodesty. It's just to demonstrate who has the primary responsibility for godliness in our society.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm ... OH WAIT! I will not ascribe any excuses, evolutionary or "Biblically based" to allow men to be fully disciplined on the golf course yet not at the work place around women.

This is not instinctive homosapien behavior, just like homosexual behavior is not instinctual either. If all males went around with their pants down all the time taking every being they can pin down, then yes, I'd say it was an inbred instinct, albeit a negative one.... unless you don't believe in Creation and are evolutionist who thinks men (only men) are allowed to act like apes and monkeys.

No, this is all about power and desire...lust of the flesh .. selfish evil.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesus told men to gouge out their eyes and cut off their hands. He didn't tell women to cover themselves up. This is not to endorse immodesty. It's just to demonstrate who has the primary responsibility for godliness in our society.
Yes.

Adults need to be responsible for their own behavior.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He actually said that to everyone, not just to men.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He actually said that to everyone, not just to men.

He spoke to his disciples who were men. And he addresses men when he says:

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone (Greek - pas - nominative masculine particle) who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2016). (Mt 5:27–28). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
if men need to be treated as having special needs.
No men don't need to have special treatment.
But they and women need to know what is the right way to behave.
Currently society does not have an offical way of behaviour.
Men can get away with abusive behaviour towards women and what one group of women concider aceptable behaviour another group do not.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟61,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In light of the huge number of sexual harassment and sexual assault charges being reported in the press, I got to wondering if men need to be treated as having special needs.

Perhaps men really do need to be protected from us women, bc they really have such a terrible struggle to handle this powerful drive.

Perhaps they cannot function through out their lives and be successful with women all around looking so lovely, as god designed us to be.

Should we really be staying at home and protecting the men so as to not be in the work place?

Should we be taking a cue from the middle eastern culture and cover ourselves as well?

If you love your neighbor as yourself, you wouldn't bother the women, other than an occasional glance, their predators, their sick people, who belong in court to see what to do with them.

I admit women are beautiful, but that's no reason to grab or make comments.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He spoke to his disciples who were men. And he addresses men when he says:

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone (Greek - pas - nominative masculine particle) who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2016). (Mt 5:27–28). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
Part of the sermon on the mount given to the disciples but also to the crowd who had followed him.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

If men truly are that dangerous the solution would be to restrain then, not women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
just wondering if they cannot really help themselves and need to be given special consideration
The adult males can help themselves.

The rest arent adults yet. We do have a problem with large physically mature children holding positions of power in industry and government, running roughshod.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
just wondering if they cannot really help themselves and need to be given special consideration
Paul had one and only one piece of advice for those struggling with their drives: get married. 1 Cor 7

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Paul had one and only one piece of advice for those struggling with their drives: get married. 1 Cor 7

Since when has being married ever prevented anyone--man or woman--who was so inclined from behaving badly?

Upvote 0

HerCrazierHalf

closet atheist
Aug 11, 2014
SoCal, US
✟29,273.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I got to wondering if men need to be treated as having special needs.
I think we should call them "urges". Urges can be resisted, needs must be met.

Not sure it applies to women, but a huge part of becoming a man is learning to suppress or redirect certain urges. Little boys learn not to hit people. As teens our fathers teach us not to assault or harass women.

then women become "forbidden fruit" even more so than they already are.

It's a daily challenge. For some of us, growing into men include

Women are free to be in the workplace. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that they present a challenge. They are a minefield. You have to interact but you can't treat them like one of the guys. Few things upset a woman more than that. Otoh, u are always watching you words in fear of accidentally harassing them, which will quickly implode one's career. And lets not get into the female privilege wrt flirting at work.

Women should use the buddy system. Men should make work a smaller portion of our lives.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0