Do Marian apparitions mean she favors Rome?

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
this isn't remotely my forum - found this particular thread while looking for something else.

I did want to say that I find it quite interesting - I recognize that there are participants who feel some of the comments are too personal and appreciate that. I also realize that there are major differences as far as viewpoints are concerned. But for someone with little knowledge of the Orthodox Church and pretty decent knowledge of the Roman Church I've found this extremely informative & instructive. Hope you don't mind my lurking.

Reactions: Michael G
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
this isn't remotely my forum - found this particular thread while looking for something else.

I did want to say that I find it quite interesting - I recognize that there are participants who feel some of the comments are too personal and appreciate that. I also realize that there are major differences as far as viewpoints are concerned. But for someone with little knowledge of the Orthodox Church and pretty decent knowledge of the Roman Church I've found this extremely informative & instructive. Hope you don't mind my lurking.
Of course not, you are totally welcome here, edie.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thanks for the welcome

off topic for a brief second - Michael, please rush Troy Polamalu back, because evidently the Steelers can't win without him :(

The Steelers can't win because of HORRIBLE coaching decisions.

Upvote 0

Apophatic80

Habemus Papam...
Dec 16, 2009
Arkansas
✟15,489.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have to be.

Otherwise, you would become Catholic. . .

The Jews, even though they saw the miracles Our Lord performed, concluded that it was by the prince of demons that He did them. They came to this conclusion to justify their resentment of Him, because Jesus did not fit their preconceived notions of what the Messiah was "supposed" to be.

And when Jesus said that we must eat His Flesh and drink His Blood, many who followed could not take this teaching and walked away. I suppose, in a sense, you could call that group the first protestants.

I sometimes wonder if you wonder how much harm you do? I think you know who you are exactly. Your true goal isn't to come here and witness to the wonders of the Papacy to us errant Orthodox.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Steelers can't win because of HORRIBLE coaching decisions.

I sometimes wonder if you wonder how much harm you do? I think you know who you are exactly. Your true goal isn't to come here and witness to the wonders of the Papacy to us errant Orthodox.

Know the tree from its fruit

tru dat to all three

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums