JW Do Jehovah's Witnesses consider The Watchtower a holy book?

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to work with a JW. She told me at Kingdom Hall the preacher and congregation read not only the Bible, but also a book titled The Watchtower. In Google searches for "Bible," I see that title on the first results page. It appears they believe Watchtower supplements the Bible as the religion's sacred text. Am I wrong about this? What exactly is the connection between JWs and The Watchtower?

The Watchtower is a magazine that the Jehovah's Witnesses publish and use in their ministry. Many denominations publish monthly journals and use them in their witness work. It's also the key instrument in indoctrinating the Witnesses with any new understanding their leadership comes up with. They have been taught that they CANNOT understand the Scriptures without their publications.

Upvote 0

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am curious does anyone else throw away their literature when you find it laid out in waiting rooms?
Nope. However the only time I do take and trash their literature or any other churches, is when I find it in a mailbox. As a Letter Carrier I have to remove anything that doesn't have a stamp on it.

Upvote 0