Do gays pushing for gay marriage realize what they are asking Christians to accept?

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi Sis,

As a Jehovah's Witness (meaning you), we non-NWT Christians have been saying for a long, long, long time, that what you do and believe is wrong and that it is not supportable by us.

Our intolerance of JW's is well known.

How come you Watch Tower adherants, with a C.T. Russel orientation, haven't accused we Christians that oppose Watch Tower lifestyles and your well-defined culture, as us being phobic or bigoted?
Because only the extremists cry bigotism and phobia - this is true of extremists in all camps: pro-gay, anti-gay, pro-JW, anti-JW, pro-abortion, anti-abortion, liberals, conservatives, evolutionists, creationists, atheists, theists, etc.

Try not to focus on the extremists. They may be the loudest members of the group, but they rarely speak for everyone. Imagine if we took the KKK as typical members of the US, instead of a fringe, extremist group.

Upvote 0

FlamingFemme

The Flaming One
May 2, 2008
USA
✟12,903.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Sis,

As a Jehovah's Witness (meaning you), we non-NWT Christians have been saying for a long, long, long time, that what you do and believe is wrong and that it is not supportable by us.

Our intolerance of JW's is well known.

How come you Watch Tower adherants, with a C.T. Russel orientation, haven't accused we Christians that oppose Watch Tower lifestyles and your well-defined culture, as us being phobic or bigoted?

Because you're not going out of your way to make it illegal to be a Jehovah's Witness. On the other hand, you ARE going out of your way to make it illegal for me to be married to my wife, the woman I love.
See the difference?
Stop comparing apples and oranges, please.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because you're not going out of your way to make it illegal to be a Jehovah's Witness. On the other hand, you ARE going out of your way to make it illegal for me to be married to my wife, the woman I love.

Hello? It has never been legal for same-gender people to get married. Look at the facst before slinging your arrows.

See the difference?

My reputation here (and elsewhere) is known because I know the difference and state it consistently.

Stop comparing apples and oranges, please.

Same-sex marriage is a 100% secular issue. It is not part of The Church.

That's comparing apples to apples.

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Polycarp_fan said:
Hello? It has never been legal for same-gender people to get married. Look at the facst before slinging your arrows.

I must note that in the USA, same-sex marriage is performed in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Iowa, while Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire will institute similar laws in the next two years.
Canada, Spain, Norway, Sweden, and South Africa also allow for same-sex marriage.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I must note that in the USA, same-sex marriage is performed in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Iowa, while Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire will institute similar laws in the next two years.

Now. And in not one of those states were the people allowed to vote on the issue. Terrified politicians and activist judges did the deed.

But so then, we''ll expect that "the laws" in the states that have kept to the law of marriage being exclusively a mand and a woman, will be respected.

Canada, Spain, Norway, Sweden, and South Africa also allow for same-sex marriage.

Bastions of traditional morality one and all.

Uhhhyeeaaaahh.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

Uhhhyeeaaaahh.

Sarcasm noted.

How do you quantify a nation's morality? Or, at least, what factors determine a country's morality? And how do the countries listed fall short?

Since I am Canadian, I am especially interested in how Canada fails on your morality scale.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,532.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Uhhhyeeaaaahh.

"Traditional" morality?

Like human sacrifice or slavery? There's a long tradition of those kinds of things.

Or more like "traditional" Christian morality?

You might not want to go there either...

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

All the laws of man will not ever enable such to become one flesh and procreate. That in itself will eternally divide GOD's ordained marriage from man's counterfit excuse.

Perhaps the term functional marriage (Traditional, GOD ordained) and the term dysfunctional marriage (manmade) would bring clarification to the public at large. Bob and Pat have a functional marriage (Pat is a woman). Bob and Pat are disfuntional (Pat is a male)... Makes everything tidy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
All the laws of man will not ever enable such to become one flesh and procreate. That in itself will eternally divide GOD's ordained marriage from man's counterfit excuse.

Perhaps the term functional marriage (Traditional, GOD ordained) and the term dysfunctional marriage (manmade) would bring clarification to the public at large. Bob and Pat have a functional marriage (Pat is a woman). Bob and Pat are disfuntional (Pat is a male)... Makes everything tidy.
It also confuses the issue: if Bob beats Patricia, their marriage is still functional. If Bob and Patrick are as loving and committed as the most ideal male-female couple you can imagine, you'd still call it dysfunctional.

Why are people so hung up on irrelevant minutiae? Why does the gender of Bob's spouse matter? :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veyrlian

Jan 28, 2008
✟15,543.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Excuse my ignorance, but how does a man and a woman "become one flesh"?

If this refers only to the penis in the vagina action, I fail to see any noticeable transmogrification. I assume the degree of fusion is about the same as in the other action which some people find abominable.

Have I asked this before? I had a sudden case of déja vu. :sorry:

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Polycarp_fan said:
Now. And in not one of those states were the people allowed to vote on the issue. Terrified politicians and activist judges did the deed.

What would distinguish a non-activist judge from an activist judge, and a terrified politician with a not-terrified politician?
The very purpose of having senators is to represent the views of the people, right? If people seriously are dissatisfied with these decisions, then one need only wait until the next elections to elect a person who more accurately represents their views.
As for supreme court judges, their existence is (in my opinion) designed to represent the views of the past, as they have life terms and are appointed by past governors, who were in turn elected by people back then.

What would be a bastion? Besides, Spain used to be home to the feared Spanish Inquisition (who nobody expects), did it not? Its population is still largely Roman Catholic too, and the Roman Catholic Church is still opposed to homosexual marriage if I recall correctly.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

If this refers only to the penis in the vagina action, I fail to see any noticeable transmogrification. I assume the degree of fusion is about the same as in the other action which some people find abominable.

Biblical reference. I see it as more-or-less metaphorical.

Also, I once again am noticing a rather obnoxious trend. That the meaning of 'sex' and 'gender' are being mistaken. The issue is same-sex relations, not same-gender.

Lastly [yeah, just hitting the points I feel like in no particular order in this post], saying one is dysfunctional and the other functional is very confusing in that regard. As honestly, functionality of a marriage does not rely on the sexual activity of the couple.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

What if Pat is Patrick, who used to be Patricia? What if Pat is Patricia, who used to be Patrick? What if Bob and Patrica have grown to hate each other but stay together due to social pressure? What if Bob and Patricia do not, and will not, have any kids? What if Bob and Patrick have adopted children? What if Bob married Patricia just to get a green card? What if Patricia married Bob just for his money? What if Bob and Patricia got married in a drunken spur-of-the-moment ceremony in Vegas? What if Bob and Patrick get married in Massechussets and then move to, say, Texas? What if Bob lost his genitals in a horrible gardening accident and can no longer "function" with Patricia?

Kind of messes up the tidiness when one acknowledges the grays between the black and white you present.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens

It might do, but that's not what "functional" and "Dysfunctional" mean in terms of human relationships. A relationship is dysfunctional if the people in it fail to relate properly to each other.

David.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

They join together and have A child that is a little of both of them. They should act in unity to raise the child. They should act in unity to serve GOD.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It might do, but that's not what "functional" and "Dysfunctional" mean in terms of human relationships. A relationship is dysfunctional if the people in it fail to relate properly to each other.

David.

Well, they will always fail to have a child even though both participants are sexually healthy and yet active.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if Pat is Patrick, who used to be Patricia? What if Pat is Patricia, who used to be Patrick? What if Bob and Patrica have grown to hate each other but stay together due to social pressure? What if Bob and Patricia do not, and will not, have any kids? What if Bob and Patrick have adopted children? What if Bob married Patricia just to get a green card? What if Patricia married Bob just for his money? What if Bob and Patricia got married in a drunken spur-of-the-moment ceremony in Vegas? What if Bob and Patrick get married in Massechussets and then move to, say, Texas? What if Bob lost his genitals in a horrible gardening accident and can no longer "function" with Patricia?

Kind of messes up the tidiness when one acknowledges the grays between the black and white you present.

That's an interesting point. Bob loves only males. Bob marries Patrick. Patrick "becomes a woman." Therefore, Bob must no longer love Patricia... If Bob continues to love Patricia, then Bob has proven that he could have originally united with women. Which destroys the concept of homosexuality completely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, they will always fail to have a child even though both participants are sexually healthy and yet active.
So, based on that logic, any opposite sex couple that is not capable of producing children of their own for whatever reason is also dysfunctional? Or an elderly couple that can no longer have children is also dysfunctional?

Upvote 0

Mercy Medical

May 1, 2009
✟15,701.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's an interesting point. Bob loves only males. Bob marries Patrick. Patrick "becomes a woman." Therefore, Bob must no longer love Patricia...
You obviously have a very limited understanding of human sexuality...

Upvote 0