Do gays pushing for gay marriage realize what they are asking Christians to accept?

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Saturday is the Sabbath, actually. Do I think they are destroying America? No. Do they interfere with me taking a day of rest? No. If my job does, I can get another job.
Mere technicalities *mwuhahahaha*.
What I don't get about your joke is that you imply that what your church does is gets together, then decides who they are going to go point the finger at and call "sinner." Christ said, "Judge not, lest you be judged, for the manner that you judge shall you be judged. Don't take out the speck from you brother when you have a beam in your own. Take out the beam first, so that you can help your brother remove the speck."
My church doesn't actually do anti-gay activities, but there are a number of people there who would agree with one if it were held, if they did not outright attend it.
Someone laughingly told me that this means, "you can't judge someone for something you do yourself. If I am not homosexual, I can condemn and judge homosexuals." Really? A piece of sawdust = a 2x4? Really?
My understanding of this, combined with Pauls on speaking on it, is that if you hold someone to a higher standard than yourself, you will one day be held to that standard as well. Exactly how this applies to homosexuality... there are numerous sides on the issue. Even though I think God says it is a sin to have a partner, I do not go out and attack gays because I still have my own sins to deal with.
That's not what it means at all. It means you should focus far more on your own life, and help you neighbor only as edification.
Be careful to not read to much into what I write in jest. That was a joke. It was not meant to reflect my entire view of spirituality.
Do people here who are anti-gay mean to edify? They claim to, but are often dishonest, unfair, rude, arrogant, and judging of people they have never even met.
Not everyone is like that. There are those who speak against homosexuals, but who do not do so as you describe.
That's a 2x4. Lack of love. Without love, you are nothing. You are a noisy gong to God.
It is.

i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
i_blank9.gif

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revilers are:
re·vile (r
ibreve.gif
-v
imacr.gif
l
prime.gif
)v. re·viled, re·vil·ing, re·viles
v.tr. To assail with abusive language; vituperate. See Synonyms at scold.

v.intr. To use abusive language.

Do I feel that I am being loved by such people? No. They don't listen. They make the same claims month after month, even when proven to be error.
A little hint, people do that about almost any subject. Just take a peak at the creation v. evolution debate.
I think their end goal is to exalt themselves by condemning others.
Some were just raised to act like that.
And that is a church I would never attend, because it is not serving God, but man.
Remember, my own church does not do that. Of course, my home church is far too harsh on homosexuals, and I have a number of theological disagreements with them as is.

Upvote 0