• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Do Creationists Believe in Talking Snakes?

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by Dale, Mar 27, 2021.

1. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    the whole bible is a parable ... which speaks to a process happening in us, whether we see it or not ...

2. Hope1960

Hope1960 Well-Known Member

+206
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    No. The Bible doesn’t mention talking snakes. It talks about one snake who had the ability to speak after being possessed by Satan.

3. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    and the talking donkey ...

4. Hope1960

+206
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Again, a miraculous exception to the rule.

5. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    you say that the snake was processed by Satan but in scripture they be one and the same

And he seized the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

6. Hope1960

+206
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Ok, he was Satan.

7. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    which tells us the the seed of the serpent is then the seed of Satan which enters into the garden from without it ...

8. Dale

Dale Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,049
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat

Genesis is about the past. Revelation is about the future.

Are you saying that no one knew the meaning of Genesis until Revelation was written?
    Scholars say that Revelation was written 1100 years after Genesis.

9. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    the whole book speaks to the present moment we are in ... as it portrays a process happening within us at present ....

10. DaveISBA

DaveISBA Member

+71
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    Yes there are animals that have been known to talk, Einstien the African parrot with a vocabulary of over a 100 words! The last words it said to his trainer before passing away were "See you tomorrow, be good. I love you!".

Then there's Kiwi the Budgie, the talking parrot that sounds astonishingly human!
    Or Hoover the talking seal who began to pick up on word and talked with the thick Boston accent of it's handler!
    If these creatures talked on their own or were trained to do so! How hard would it be for GOD, or even satan or demons to enter into animals causing them to talk?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  11. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    i believe as the book says ... God is the all in all ... and therefore who be i to limit Him ... nothing happens outside of our Father who we are at one with ...

12. Dale

Dale Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,049
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat

I don't see what the talking donkey in Numbers has to do with the Eden story in Genesis.

Genesis says that the snake was a creature. Creationists keep telling me that Satan caused the serpent to speak. But it isn't Satan that caused the donkey to talk in Numbers, so what is the connection?

13. honey badger

honey badger i am

+385
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    well seeing God can get a donkey to talk, why not a snake ...

14. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    Because the one involving God becoming man can be supported academically while the earlier, Genesis has too many indications that it is parabolic. All of them had different authors.

15. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,593
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So, just what is the reference of that.
    The Pentateuch were edited by Moses from early records, that much is clear. Your implied claim that this means they are inaccurate needs you to verify it.

Your problem is that the rest of the Bible supports the claim of genesis reporting a creation of six days etc.

16. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    Is the 6 days 24 hours long per day?

In Gen 3:15, is that literal? Should we beat bruises on the head of snakes (or satan)?

17. Tolworth John

+3,593
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    How else do you understand the comment on the forth commandment?

You should becarefull attacking snakes, I thought only an extreme Baptist group took the promise of snakes not biting them literally.

18. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    I view the sabbath as a way man pays homage to God as a creator, not as a reason to believe in a literal 6 days.. but as I asked, do you think each of those 6 days are 24 hours long?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  19. Tolworth John

+3,593
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yet the forth commandment clearly says, " In six days the Lord created heaven and earth, so you shall labour for six days and rest on the seventh.

If one believes what the Bible says then the days of creation are six days.

20. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    I've already answered that in your quote. Do you plan to answer my question?