Do Angels have Wings?

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by JohnR7
That is a wonderful post Amatire, thanks for sharing.

I can and have testified to the rescue part. And I can guarantee there are angels with and without wings. Angels have the power to show themselves or remain hidden for specific purposes. And yes, you may be stting next to one a a bus or a plane or in a restaurant. You may engage one in conversation and never even know it.

The Bible has a LOT to say about Angels and their purpose, and how and why they interact with mankind.

I smile when I think of how much is packed into the Bible that "Christians" never see. There is sooooo much! That is yet another reason God has told us to STUDY, not just read!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Gerry
I smile when I think of how much is packed into the Bible that "Christians" never see. There is sooooo much! That is yet another reason God has told us to STUDY, not just read!

Actually, what amazes me more is how little some people know about the Bible. There are those who call themselves christians who never read or study the Bible. I wonder, because if we really love God, you would think we would love the word of God.

Of course it it the Spirit of God that give life and meaning to the Word of God. "For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." 2 Cor. 3:6b

All the riches in the world could not compare to the vast wealth God offers us. Yet so many people chase after what is going to amount to little more than a hand full of ashes.

Upvote 0

cenimo

Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team
Mar 17, 2002
To your right
Visit site
✟10,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a book with a fascinating passage about this... a person had a vision of an angel, was visited by an angel, and the angel expalined that the "wings" were actually light and only appeared to humans as wings as to have an explanation. Something to think about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

adam332

Deut. 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD t
Feb 10, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟15,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He was not every appearance of OT "messenger/angel". But, at least we can identify many by the way He was called the Lord in the same context, and that He was worshipped, both of which wouldn't happen if it was a created messenger.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by JohnR7
Actually, what amazes me more is how little some people know about the Bible. There are those who call themselves christians who never read or study the Bible. I wonder, because if we really love God, you would think we would love the word of God.

Of course it it the Spirit of God that give life and meaning to the Word of God. "For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." 2 Cor. 3:6b

All the riches in the world could not compare to the vast wealth God offers us. Yet so many people chase after what is going to amount to little more than a hand full of ashes.

Well said John! Well said!

Upvote 0