• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Do Angels have Wings?

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by JohnR7, Nov 19, 2002.

1. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    That is a wonderful post Amatire, thanks for sharing.

2. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+10
    I can and have testified to the rescue part. And I can guarantee there are angels with and without wings. Angels have the power to show themselves or remain hidden for specific purposes. And yes, you may be stting next to one a a bus or a plane or in a restaurant. You may engage one in conversation and never even know it.

The Bible has a LOT to say about Angels and their purpose, and how and why they interact with mankind.

I smile when I think of how much is packed into the Bible that "Christians" never see. There is sooooo much! That is yet another reason God has told us to STUDY, not just read!

3. adam332

adam332 Deut. 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD t

+3
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    bump

4. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Actually, what amazes me more is how little some people know about the Bible. There are those who call themselves christians who never read or study the Bible. I wonder, because if we really love God, you would think we would love the word of God.

Of course it it the Spirit of God that give life and meaning to the Word of God. "For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." 2 Cor. 3:6b

All the riches in the world could not compare to the vast wealth God offers us. Yet so many people chase after what is going to amount to little more than a hand full of ashes.

5. defblind&mute

defblind&mute New Member

+0
    i have wings. but you cant see them.

6. cenimo

cenimo Jesus Had A 12 Man A-Team

+76
    Christian
    Married
    There was a book with a fascinating passage about this... a person had a vision of an angel, was visited by an angel, and the angel expalined that the "wings" were actually light and only appeared to humans as wings as to have an explanation. Something to think about.

7. Blessed-one

Blessed-one a long journey ahead

+169
    Protestant
    Single
    wow, didn't know about this... quite amazing stuff!

8. adam332

+3
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican

9. Blessed-one

+169
    Protestant
    Single
    adam.. i can't see your words....

10. adam332

+3
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I posted on the wrong thread. But that's okay this thread needed to be bumped anyways.....
    I've placed some quite informative post on here, but sorry nothing new unless you had questions.

11. Blessed-one

+169
    Protestant
    Single
    i see that from your information, Jesus was actually the various angels that appeared in the OT?

12. adam332

+3
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    He was not every appearance of OT "messenger/angel". But, at least we can identify many by the way He was called the Lord in the same context, and that He was worshipped, both of which wouldn't happen if it was a created messenger.

13. Gerry

Gerry Jesus Paid It All

+10
    Well said John! Well said!

14. adam332

+3
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes. Ditto, John.