✟14,039.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello

I've always wondered if aliens existed. Many Christians say yes while many say no. Something I just read stated many Christians believe they do as why would God create such a huge universe? The answer to that was that to our minds it's huge but to God's, probably not. However, despite this, many Christians still believe aliens could exist.

Would God have created aliens and not told us? Would He have visited each creation separately and created a Bible separate for each species?

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟490,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would God have created aliens and not told us?

I think there's a lot that God has not shared with us.
I'm not sure about aliens.

What is beyond the infinite?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟724,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello

I've always wondered if aliens existed. Many Christians say yes while many say no. Something I just read stated many Christians believe they do as why would God create such a huge universe? The answer to that was that to our minds it's huge but to God's, probably not. However, despite this, many Christians still believe aliens could exist.

Would God have created aliens and not told us? Would He have visited each creation separately and created a Bible separate for each species?

He did tells us about some ... they are generally referred to as the heavenly host of angels ... some of which have visit/visited earth.

More specifically within the host of angels are

Cherubim were the angels surrounding the arch of the covenant and now in the present day we here of them covering the throne of God with their wings while the Seraphim are angels ministering to God in heaven.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,154,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
97CC9BE4-0599-4F3B-871A-4BA461DF65C9.jpeg

I present Jacob Rees Mogg, currently the best evidence of alien life.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟781,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
When I look out at night and see thousands upon thousands of stars in the sky and consider that what we see with the naked eye is what happened millions of years in the past, it makes me realise that the universe of which we are a part is an incredible, utterly mind-blowing place.

I don't think we will ever get to discover intelligent life on other planets and can only speculate as to whether it exists.

There are billions of stars, so conceivably there are other solar systems with planets which, on the balance of probability, are capable of supporting life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello

Hugh Ross has made some very good arguments in some of his books and lectures over the last few decades that they don't exist (the universe as a whole is an extremely hostile place when it comes to being able to support life) and the UFO phenomenon is actually a manifestation of demonic activity / the occult.

https://www.amazon.com/Lights-Sky-Little-Green-Extraterrestrials-ebook/dp/B00A28RKD0

• Agree
Reactions: Antoni
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,577.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If you mean life on other planets, almost certainly. Propably even carbon-based and with amino acids and hydrocarbons as main building blocks, though the exact biochemistry might vary a bit.

If you mean intelligent life.. there propably existed and will exist intelligent life in a lot of places, but not for long. Judging by our own track record, developing intelligence is not a good long-term survival strategy.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟912,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

You are already going down the rabbit hole. There are no other life forms in our visible universe. That is why we should hold true to "US" being made in the image of God. He made us and all that is around us special here on earth. If we need to reach out beyond our boundary,to find other life forms, then we are missing the whole point of what God has given us within our boundary. God gave us dominion over the earth, nowhere else. Lets focus on that first.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟323,160.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Of course they do. Trump wouldn't lie about them crossing our southern border!

I think within my children's lifetime we will have scientific proof that there is life outside our solar system. Not proof of animal life, but proof of photosynthesis by the light from distant planets.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟845,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm open to the possibility they exist. If they are not in need of redemption, they probably won't spend much time with us. They probably avoid us. Who knows? Maybe we are in quarantine.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟323,160.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'm open to the possibility they exist. If they are not in need of redemption, they probably won't spend much time with us. They probably avoid us. Who knows? Maybe we are in quarantine.

Pretty much teh premise of C.S. Lewis's space trilogy. That both Mars and Venus are inhabited by beings that never fell and perhaps mankind is unique in that we needed salvation. Something that Christians who are proud that they were created in God's image probably don't like.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟845,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much teh premise of C.S. Lewis's space trilogy. That both Mars and Venus are inhabited by beings that never fell and perhaps mankind is unique in that we needed salvation. Something that Christians who are proud that they were created in God's image probably don't like.

I have heard of his space trilogy, but haven't read it. I should do that.

It makes sense to me, as speculative as it is. Why haven't we verified the existence of aliens? There are none. Or, maybe they're just smart and don't want to be contaminated.

Upvote 0

Antoni

Aug 17, 2019
NorthEast
✟51,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aliens are this generation’s centaurs and nymphs. The demons cleverly deceive using the zeitgeist of the times. For us, now, they manifest not as forest dwelling supernatural beings, but as beings from outer space. In the earlier 20th century, when ‘alien encounters’ began, these entities claimed to be from the moon or from Mars. Then, as space exploration improved, they shifted to claiming they have come from another galaxy. Now they claim to be inter dimensional.

It is all a lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Scholastica

Aug 25, 2019
California
✟27,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have heard of his space trilogy, but haven't read it. I should do that.
I really recommend it, at least the first two. Out of the Silent Planet is great and Peralandra is even better. I kind of got bored reading That Hideous Strength and never finished it, but you don't need the last book to appreciate the first two.

Out of the Silent Planet explores Mars, which is actually inhabited by multiple alien species who enjoy the protection of a planetary guardian angel and a relationship with God. It's also a critic against the arrogance of colonial mindsets and how against God such behavior is.

Peralandra takes us to Venus where the hero finds that the planet is still in its Garden of Eden period. Right about the same time the devil has shown up to repeat what he did on Earth. The whole story is about our hero trying to stop Satan from deceiving Venus' Eve and wondering what God is going to do about the devil trying to ruin yet another of his creations. This one has a climax I was definitely not expecting.

They're really great Christian Science Fiction stories.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello

I have serious doubts as to the existence of aliens that are restricted to the material universe, as we are, who fly physical distances across the universe in material space craft.
Nevertheless the Scriptures are full of descriptions of angels and the like that could be very easily given an "alien" interpretation. Further to this, the contemporary accounts of alien encounters exhibit many of the characteristics of multi-dimensional/spiritual accounts.
I tend to think that aliens do exist but they are not what most of us think, or perhaps what they make themselves out to be.
A good book on the subject is "Alien Encounters" by the late Chuck Missler.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I find it interesting how many Christians attribute "close encounters" to demonic activity. In other words, they believe the stories, just not the source of the encounter.

It's not just Christians, but some of the top non-Christian researchers like Jacques F. Vallee note that these beings or craft seem to be non-physical or extra dimensional, and that the present day accounts mirror earlier stories of demons, fairies etc. It would be one thing if these beings might break one or a few rules of physics due to some kind of super technology out of Star Trek, but if you go through the reports you find that there are cases where every single rule of physics gets violated at some point.

Besides that there are just lots of problems with the stories these beings tell that don't really make sense or highly dubious. e.g. Their astronomical claims that they make are years later proven to be wrong etc. (The stories seem to be geared to fit the understanding of the culture at that exact moment of time).

The Fact that contact with these beings having deleterious affect is another. It is hard to image why contact with these beings should always be negative as far as psychological trauma, physical illness and sometimes death.

And lastly there is their uncanny preoccupation with the persona of Jesus that is you read books, testimonies etc. of abductees etc. there often is a lot of what we would call New Age Spirituality associated with them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not just Christians, but some of the top non-Christian researchers like Jacques F. Vallee note that these beings or craft seem to be non-physical or extra dimensional, and that the present day accounts mirror earlier stories of demons, fairies etc. It would be one thing if these beings might break one or a few rules of physics due to some kind of super technology out of Star Trek, but if you go through the reports you find that there are cases where every single rule of physics gets violated at some point.

Besides that there are just lots of problems with the stories these beings tell that don't really make sense. e.g. Their astronomical claims that they make are years later proven to be wrong etc. (The stories seem to be geared to fit the understanding of the culture at that exact moment of time).

The Fact that contact with these beings having deleterious affect is another. It is hard to image why contact with these beings should always be negative as far as psychological trauma, physical illness and sometimes death.

And lastly there is their uncanny preoccupation with the persona of Jesus that is you read books, testimonies etc. of abductees etc. there often is a lot of what we would call New Age Spirituality associated with them.

Any sufficiently advanced technology will seem like magic to the primitive...just saying...I don't believe we have been visited by aliens OR demons, personally.

Upvote 0