Divorced..and feel a calling to pastor

C

Christina M

So you really really really believe that God wants someone who is in a wonderful marriage to a kind, godly and loving spouse to rip apart that marriage......ruin more lives? Wasn't the damage that the ex-spouse did bad enough?? Is more evil and destruction REALLY in God's will???

I think not. God is a God of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and more chances. He takes what was evil and turns it for good.

I am so glad I serve Him instead of some self-righteous on this thread.

God forbid someone should abuse, beat, cheat and steal from you one day....... and then you have self-pious people jamming twisted scripture in your face.

northstar said:
I don't believe there is a person here who has judged. There is no need to when the Bible has already done that. For example I don't need to judge whether stealing is right or wrong...the Bible says it is, therefore God has already judged that this is wrong.

I don't need to judge whether it's wrong to lie - the Bible says it is, and therefore God's already judged that lying is wrong.

I don't need to judge whether fornication and adultery are wrong - the Bible says these things are wrong, therefore God has already judged and decided that they're wrong.

I don't need to decide that remarriage is adultery because the Bible says it is, therefore God's already made the decision about that so I or anyone else here have no need to judge.

I don't need to judge whether liars, thieves, adulterers, fornicators etc will inherit the kingdom of heaven or not. The Bible says they won't, so God's already made the decision...I don't need to.

How does one stop being a liar? By quitting lying.
How to stop being a thief? Stop stealing.
How to stop being a fornicator? Stop fornicating.
And I guess the same goes for adultery too...

Upvote 0

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Christina M said:
So you really really really believe that God wants someone who is in a wonderful marriage to a kind, godly and loving spouse to rip apart that marriage......ruin more lives? Wasn't the damage that the ex-spouse did bad enough?? Is more evil and destruction REALLY in God's will???

I think not. God is a God of 2nd, 3rd, 4th and more chances. He takes what was evil and turns it for good.

I am so glad I serve Him instead of some self-righteous on this thread.

God forbid someone should abuse, beat, cheat and steal from you one day....... and then you have self-pious people jamming twisted scripture in your face.

The Bible does not say that *remarriage* is a *marriage*. The Bible says that remarriage is *adultery*. Adultery against the original spouse.

God is no different from the God of the Old Testament. He is still the same God. Just because we have a way of salvation through Jesus does not mean that we can do our own thing. Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins, not so that we could keep on wilfully sinning. But to forgive us so that we are free to obey God. The Bible is quite clear that you cannot wifully disobey God and still expect to be called His child.

Where is the scripture that says that God is the God of 2nd 3rd and 4th chances??? He's the God of second chances *if* we repent of our sin and walk with Him...

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

You did not answer my question. None of you have. I have asked it many times on this thread, but the self-righteous judges never answer it. (As they sit in their glass houses.) :sigh:

northstar said:
The Bible does not say that *remarriage* is a *marriage*. The Bible says that remarriage is *adultery*. Adultery against the original spouse.

God is no different from the God of the Old Testament. He is still the same God. Just because we have a way of salvation through Jesus does not mean that we can do our own thing. Jesus died for the forgiveness of our sins, not so that we could keep on wilfully sinning. But to forgive us so that we are free to obey God. The Bible is quite clear that you cannot wifully disobey God and still expect to be called His child.

Where is the scripture that says that God is the God of 2nd 3rd and 4th chances??? He's the God of second chances *if* we repent of our sin and walk with Him...

Upvote 0

wild01

Dec 24, 2004
OR/WA
✟8,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christina M said:
You did not answer my question. None of you have. I have asked it many times on this thread, but the self-righteous judges never answer it. (As they sit in their glass houses.) :sigh:

don't feel bad christina they never answered my question about why it would still be wrong to divorce and remarry if your spouse had committed adultery. Although Imust say that they did do a fairly good job of not answering it.

oh well I know 3 great ordained pastors who have ex's and it never occurs to their judges that the marriage was the sin the mistake the rebellion. that the 2 never became one etc.

Upvote 0

jeriko

Dec 7, 2005
New Jersey
✟7,732.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The answers you are looking for are right before you in some of these "Self-righteous" posts, but you simply do not like the answers and therefore insist that someone agree with you.

I have no righteousness save that the righteousness of Christ which clothes me in the Lord's eyes

Reactions: ~Nikki~
Upvote 0

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟18,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
jeriko said:
The answers you are looking for are right before you in some of these "Self-righteous" posts, but you simply do not like the answers and therefore insist that someone agree with you.

Hi Jeriko- I grieve at the truth of your words, my heart is burdened for the sad state of affairs in the church (especially in regard to MDR).

The question posed by ChristinaM, was specifically answered in my post #133.
(DWhitaeker also posed the question.) It has gone unregarded, and I fear it is for the reason you stated- they simply will not accept the truth. God have mercy...

Upvote 0

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Honibee said:
[/i]

Sin needs to be forsaken, don't overlook that.
Because you say it Sir, doesn't make it true that marrying another man's wife is not perpetual adultry. Both Jesus and Paul say it is. (Ro. 7:2-3)

Again, as you asked- Ezra 10. The men of Israel DIVORCED UNLAWFUL WIVES- IN REPENTANCE!

Thought I'd dig up the post you were talking about Honibee...#133 which you said answers the question by ChristinaM...

Upvote 0

~Nikki~

aka northstar
Aug 13, 2004
England
✟12,047.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Christina M said:
Yes, indeed.... God have mercy on the souls of the pharisees and self-righteous on this thread. God have mercy lest any of them find themselves victims of evil and then condemned when they finally find joy, peace and godliness in remarriage.

Shake, shake.....shaking the dust off my feet. :sigh:

Lol! Really??? :D

Why is it self-righteous and Pharisaical (sp?) to follow the commands of God?
What is it self-righteous to fear the Creator of the universe enough to do what He says?

Do you know what sin is? According the the biblical definition it is "trangeression of the Law"...so to stop sinning is to stop transgressing the Law. Hardly legalism to do what God commands. It's required of us if we want to see heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟18,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
dwhitaker said:
How will you stand before God? Will it be because you sinned the "little sin" and that is not so bad, as the sin of the divorced/remarried? Shame on you, You are Pharisees!

The issue here is not 'big' or 'little' sins, the issue is whether or not ANY sin is forsaken in true repentance.

It is NOT pharisaical to point out sin- if that is true- you call JESUS a pharisee!
The shame is YOUR'S sir, for your hard-hearted rebellion! For delighting in the very thing that is your shame- and teaching others to do likewise!

You don't seem to realize you are acting in conviction. If you WERE correct in your stance, I would think you would do the Christlike thing, and REDEEM those you are attacking.

Anytime you are ready to truly turn from your rebellion, the Lord will welcome you and you will find incredible power to FORSAKE sin. I strongly encourage you to do so- we don't have the promise of tomorrow.

Upvote 0