yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Words are just seeds.....The spirit controls which ground they fall on.....
The words spoken fall on / where/ whoever is within hearing range.

The ground is each person who hears.... (or doesn't hear? though within range?)

It is the Father Who Gives Growth. (we may plant and water, God willing)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What's repentance?
No Forgiveness For The Unrepentant
"No Forgiveness For The Unrepentant

NO FORGIVENESS FOR THE UNREPENTANT

Have you ever had it happen that when you rebuked an abuser, not only did she refuse to apologize, repent, or change her hurtful behavior, but she then proceeded to smugly inform you that “God forgives her” because “God forgives everything”, and that the Bible says that you have to forgive her, too? I have, more than once.

And all I can say to that is, “Nice try.” Because it’s just not true. Biblical forgiveness doesn’t work that way. Not even close. God forgives everybody who REPENTS, not everybody who doesn’t repent, and continues sinning. Repentance means turning from one’s sinful ways and changing one’s LIFE. It does not mean continuing on as before, and it also does not mean stopping just one or two obnoxious behaviors while continuing all the rest, or even finding some new ones. It might surprise such self-righteous offenders to learn that God does NOT forgive “everybody”, and that he does NOT tell us to, either. In fact, there is NOT ONE INSTANCE in Scripture of the Lord forgiving anyone who remains “stiff-necked” (stubborn) and unrepentant."

• Winner
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
No Forgiveness For The Unrepentant
"No Forgiveness For The Unrepentant

NO FORGIVENESS FOR THE UNREPENTANT

Have you ever had it happen that when you rebuked an abuser, not only did she refuse to apologize, repent, or change her hurtful behavior, but she then proceeded to smugly inform you that “God forgives her” because “God forgives everything”, and that the Bible says that you have to forgive her, too? I have, more than once.

And all I can say to that is, “Nice try.” Because it’s just not true. Biblical forgiveness doesn’t work that way. Not even close. God forgives everybody who REPENTS, not everybody who doesn’t repent, and continues sinning. Repentance means turning from one’s sinful ways and changing one’s LIFE. It does not mean continuing on as before, and it also does not mean stopping just one or two obnoxious behaviors while continuing all the rest, or even finding some new ones. It might surprise such self-righteous offenders to learn that God does NOT forgive “everybody”, and that he does NOT tell us to, either. In fact, there is NOT ONE INSTANCE in Scripture of the Lord forgiving anyone who remains “stiff-necked” (stubborn) and unrepentant."
Isn't knowing that all our sins are forgiven 2000 years ago in the name of Jesus Christ (1 John 2:12) indeed repentance?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Isn't knowing that all our sins are forgiven 2000 years ago in the name of Jesus Christ (1 John 2:12) indeed repentance?
Even the demons know that about those who are truly redeemed,
and the demons shudder in terror.
However, they love the false teachings and false gosplels that are so popular the last 2000 years -- people who never repent are not saved.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Even the demons know that about those who are truly redeemed,
and the demons shudder in terror.
However, they love the false teachings and false gosplels that are so popular the last 2000 years -- people who never repent are not saved.
So knowledge of God and His Son is meaningless?

Isn't knowing God and His Son an evidence of eternal life according to john17:3?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Excellent emekrus, I'm glad that you added that Peter explained to the people present the secret behind the release of the miraculous healing power of God for the healing of this lame man was... (faith) in the "name" of Jesus. It's notice in (Acts 4:14-18) that they perceived that Peter and John were unlearned and ignorant men and they were astonished and recognized that they had been with Jesus. They all seen the miracle and no one could deny it. They even warned Peter and John NOT to use that "name" again in fear of spreading this any further among the people.

I like what (Proverbs 18:10) says, "The "name" of the Lord is a strong tower." I like this also in (Matthew 28:19) "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the "name" of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" And this... (Philippians 2:9-10) "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a "name" which is above every "name": and..."That at the "name" of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

I will add this... Where are the miracles today? Many of our churches have gotten away from that "name".

Remember this song...

"There's Something About that "Name".

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus; there’s just something about that "name".
Master, Savior, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain;
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, let all Heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms will all pass away,
But there’s something about that "name".

View attachment 247252
Matthew 25:
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (bold & underline mine)

Now, why did the Lord tell the church to visit its sick brethren rather than use His name to heal those sick brethren?

Isn't it to show that healing some and not healing the others in the church at large, depends on the choice of His will?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What's repentance?

Something we all should (continue) to do by... choice!

Word-of-Faith - Copy (3).gif

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The truth is, you will never know if a decision is a good or bad one until you actually commit to a choice to... know the truth that will set you free (John 8:32).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Isn't knowing God and His Son an evidence of eternal life according to john17:3?

Yes, by choosing... to know!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Matthew 25:
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (bold & underline mine)

Now, why did the Lord tell the church to visit its sick brethren rather than use His name to heal those sick brethren?

Isn't it to show that healing some and not healing the others in the church at large, depends on the choice of His will?

Without using that NAME nothing will be accomplished. With that NAME... (Matthew 25:40) says, "you did it for ME." Everything that you will ever need from God is in that NAME. "In MY NAME, you shall...."

(Acts 3:16) King James Version
16 "And his NAME through faith in his NAME hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all."

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

It is written and stands unchanged in Scripture,
even the demons believe (in God and Jesus the Messiah, they know He was crucified , died and was raised from the dead never to die again ever, and Jesus ascended into heaven, and was given the NAME ABOVE EVERY NAME, and the demons shudder (in terror of the judgment they know is coming soon).

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It is written and stands unchanged in Scripture,
even the demons believe (in God and Jesus the Messiah, they know He was crucified , died and was raised from the dead never to die again ever, and Jesus ascended into heaven, and was given the NAME ABOVE EVERY NAME, and the demons shudder (in terror of the judgment they know is coming soon).
So why to know God and His Son according to john 17:3?

Are you advising people to stop growing in the knowledge of God and Son?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Without using that NAME nothing will be accomplished. With that NAME... (Matthew 25:40) says, "you did it for ME." Everything that you will ever need from God is in that NAME. "In MY NAME, you shall...."

(Acts 3:16) King James Version
16 "And his NAME through faith in his NAME hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all."

Have you read the questions and answered them? Do you want the questions to be restated?

The questions are:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the Father to refuse healing to one who believes, He would have to turn to Jesus and say "Sorry Son, I know that by Your stripes he was healed, but I changed my mind, you suffered those stripes and became a curse for nothing. I am going to ignore the sacrifice that you endured on this believer's behalf. It pleased me to bruise you for this believer, but I am going to renege on the agreement and ignore your suffering on this believer's behalf. Sorry. "
That will never happen.
People need to get rid of this idea that it is about us and our reception of His blessings. It is about Him and the glory and power He received because He willingly went to the cross on our behalf. Do not throw His sacrifice and suffering back in His face. Healing is an accomplished fact. It is included in the atonement just as salvation is. If we cannot know that the request for healing is always "yes" then we cannot believe God for anything. If He backs up on the word of healing... then we cannot trust Him for anything. He would be a liar, a cheat, and most of all a monster who used His own Son to pay for our complete and total salvation from everything we need to be saved from... including sickness; and then ignored that sacrifice.
It is finished people. Thank God for your healing... even if it is the last breath you take.
The Word of God is true... we are helpless before the integrity of God and His word!

Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
For the Father to refuse healing to one who believes, He would have to turn to Jesus and say "Sorry Son, I know that by Your stripes he was healed, but I changed my mind, you suffered those stripes and became a curse for nothing. I am going to ignore the sacrifice that you endured on this believer's behalf. It pleased me to bruise you for this believer, but I am going to renege on the agreement and ignore your suffering on this believer's behalf. Sorry. "
That will never happen.
People need to get rid of this idea that it is about us and our reception of His blessings. It is about Him and the glory and power He received because He willingly went to the cross on our behalf. Do not throw His sacrifice and suffering back in His face. Healing is an accomplished fact. It is included in the atonement just as salvation is. If we cannot know that the request for healing is always "yes" then we cannot believe God for anything. If He backs up on the word of healing... then we cannot trust Him for anything. He would be a liar, a cheat, and most of all a monster who used His own Son to pay for our complete and total salvation from everything we need to be saved from... including sickness; and then ignored that sacrifice.
It is finished people. Thank God for your healing... even if it is the last breath you take.
The Word of God is true... we are helpless before the integrity of God and His word!
Did you read my question?

Why did Jesus tell the church to visit the sick rather than heal them by His atonement?

Are all Christians who claimed the atonement healed?

Didn't preachers who claimed the atonement die of sickness?

Why is the sovereign right of Jesus to heal denied? Is such denial, faith?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The answer is the same as for salvation. Salvation is included in the atonement. Are all men saved? No. But it is not the will of God that any perish. But it is evident that they do. It is not the will of God that any suffer illness. But they do and for the same reason.
That answer is this: For whatever reason.. they are not believing. Something is missing in them that is preventing or blocking belief. I suppose we could ask the same question Jesus asked. "Why is it that you do not believe?" Since the living Word asked it, it must be a valid question.

I realize it is your style to interrogate people and try to turn the discussion to your liking. Not going to fall for that Si.
Healing is provided for all in the atonement, just like salvation. That is the WoF teaching.

Did you read my question?

Why did Jesus tell the church to visit the sick rather than heal them by His atonement?

Are all Christians who claimed the atonement healed?

Didn't preachers who claimed the atonement die of sickness?

Why is the sovereign right of Jesus to heal denied? Is such denial, faith?

Upvote 0