Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed, lately, that movies in the big theater are getting increasingly based on topics of epic biblical and spiritual nature.

They are superheros, vampires, dealing with the dead, dealing with other dimensions, demonic, dealing with other civilizations that are not of this earth, dealing with gods and demigods, dealing with ancient "curses" and such.

Well, there is another one coming out now "Artemis Fowl".

Is it me, or are we being subject to all of this as a way to numb us to the reality of God's Word and the biblical account of the future of the human race... and..trying to entice us into those things that are anti Christian, yet intriguing?

It just seems to me that we are being set up for an upcoming future of events that will deceive us from what the truth of the Bible has in store...

Reactions: Call me Nic

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have noticed, lately, that movies in the big theater are getting increasingly based on topics of epic biblical and spiritual nature.

They are superheros, vampires, dealing with the dead, dealing with other dimensions, demonic, dealing with other civilizations that are not of this earth, dealing with gods and demigods, dealing with ancient "curses" and such.

Well, there is another one coming out now "Artemis Fowl".

Is it me, or are we being subject to all of this as a way to numb us to the reality of God's Word and the biblical account of the future of the human race... and..trying to entice us into those things that are anti Christian, yet intriguing?

It just seems to me that we are being set up for an upcoming future of events that will deceive us from what the truth of the Bible has in store...
I believe you’re exactly right.

• Friendly
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Cyprezz

Twin #2
Jan 16, 2013
✟26,923.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kinda unrelated; but I grew up with the Artemis Fowl series and wooow I’m so excited for this movie!!
Now kind of on topic- I think you might be underestimating people’s ability to discern fantasy from real life. I doubt the reason behind these sorts of movies is “let’s desensitise everyone to the truth of God” but rather “here’s a franchise we can make some money out of”

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kinda unrelated; but I grew up with the Artemis Fowl series and wooow I’m so excited for this movie!!
Now kind of on topic- I think you might be underestimating people’s ability to discern fantasy from real life. I doubt the reason behind these sorts of movies is “let’s desensitise everyone to the truth of God” but rather “here’s a franchise we can make some money out of”
It’s a promotion of idolatry, plain and simple. Whether one realizes it’s fantasy or not, they are promotions of concepts the Bible seems sinful.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't for one minute discount the money making power, nor the entertainment in these sort of productions...

Problem is.. this is exactly why they are used in order to use the stealth of something that seems to be simple and of no danger... to insert ideas, numb the conscience and prepare people for things in the futures so that they are accepted without question.

In the 30's a radio broadcast about an invasion of the earth by aliens caused panic and deaths...

In the 2000's the same similar media concept caused people to stand on building tops with signs saying "Take me first"....

Tell me that it isn't powerful and deceptive.

• Agree
Reactions: tranquil
Upvote 0