partinowherecular
✟88,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why does the Lord let so many people perish from cancer? There is nothing redeeming about it. Yet over the course of humanity all the dictators seem to have ample opportunity to accomplish their task.

Maybe you should consult with Mother Teresa on that one.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does the Lord let so many people perish from cancer? There is nothing redeeming about it. Yet over the course of humanity all the dictators seem to have ample opportunity to accomplish their task.
I reconcile it by understanding it serves to balance life, give perspective to the good. Without bad, we can’t know good.

Flimsy, I know, but it’s the best I have because I’m not God, nobody here is, so I don’t think the correct answer from God’s lips to our ears will happen on here. The best you will get is individual rationalizations.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Your answer can be found in the account of the fall of man. For humanity Adam brought in death and the various ways man will die.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,490.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is not just cancer! There are a myriad ailments lurking round the corner. As far as I understand the theology (in as far as theology is understandable) your God is all-powerful and therefore allows agonising deaths. That is difficult to reconcile with an all-loving Saviour who is held to be the Son of your God.

Of course, I have a simple answer.

:)

• Love
Reactions: jamiec
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,699.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You need to understand how the world really works.

Your future is heavily dependent on the past. That's a feedback loop process. Feedback loop processes love to get out of control. That's where negative feedback comes in.

If you eliminate negative feedback, then really bad things happen. Disease (cancer) is negative feedback. No negative feedback means eventually something will come along and wipe out 99% of us.

The economy works the same way. That's why God introduced the Shemitah and Jubilee years at fixed intervals. They are negative feedback, or controlled burns. Failure here means a depression and/or war is coming.

Upvote 0