May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you. Though since this is a Christian forum the better preference would be to not even remotely bow to homosexuals and let them know that there is no marriage no matter what the government decides or other errant Christian communities
I most certainly agree. We, as Christians, are continuously backed further and further into corners where our beliefs are concerned. I come here looking for some companionship, fellowship with other believers who share my faith....my beliefs....and I find it hard to believe that even here I have to tread lightly around things that God has determined to be against his will. Stop this while you can.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Forcing some people who are legally married, into "Legal Union" feels wrong.

Yes I understand why many people do not see SSM as real marriage, and that's fine. But it is one thing in having that belief and still allowing couples you disagree with to call themselves "married", and one thing to not only disagree with them, but force them to call themselves something else, even if they are legally married. Asking people to be dishonest :(

The whole "belief its no true marriage, therefore you cant be called married" is similar to forcing people who identify as Christian, as not being allowed to call themselves Christian because they hold a certain belief that other Christians disagree on. Example. What if a Christian hold a non-eternal view of hell, perhaps Universal Reconciliation? Should he be forced to remove the label "Christian" because many Christians disagree with him on this matter? What about evolution and old Earth? I have noticed non-evolutionary Creationism is strong here on this website. Would it be wrong to force evolutionary creationists to not call themselves Christians because some believe evolution goes against the Bible? I think it would be.

What about Christians who don't think the Bible is inerrant/infallible? Should they be forced to remove their Christian tag by people who considered those beliefs as anti-Christian (or even further, that person isn't a real christian)?

Already people who are not following a traditional christian marriage (non-Christians marrying) are allowed to be called married. People who have been divorced to before, and remarried are also allowed to be called married here, even though some would say its not a true marriage. So why is SSM the exception? All what I listed above is apart of Legal Marriage, so why should SSM be singled out?

The point I am trying to say, is that allowing SS couples who are legally married....to be listed as "married" does not mean one has to support their marriage and see is as a true one. It is simply stating the reality of legal marriage. All who are legally married....non-Christians, remarriages, and yes even SSM, should be treated equally in the sense in allowing all who are married the "marriage" option.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I most certainly agree. We, as Christians, are continuously backed further and further into corners where our beliefs are concerned. I come here looking for some companionship, fellowship with other believers who share my faith....my beliefs....and I find it hard to believe that even here I have to tread lightly around things that God has determined to be against his will. Stop this while you can.
Im sorry to hear you say that. Are you talking about topical forums like Theology forums or community ones like the Denominations?

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To who....God or the state? Which is more important?

Whether ones marriage is to either God or the State, should not be a question asked, in deciding whether or not one is allowed to call themselves married.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Forcing some people who are legally married, into "Legal Union" feels wrong.

Yes I understand why many people do not see SSM as real marriage, and that's fine. But it is one thing in having that belief and still allowing couples you disagree with to call themselves "married", and one thing to not only disagree with them, but force them to call themselves something else, even if they are legally married. Asking people to be dishonest :(

The whole "belief its no true marriage, therefore you cant be called married" is similar to forcing people who identify as Christian, as not being allowed to call themselves Christian because they hold a certain belief that other Christians disagree on. Example. What if a Christian hold a non-eternal view of hell, perhaps Universal Reconciliation? Should he be forced to remove the label "Christian" because many Christians disagree with him on this matter? What about evolution and old Earth? I have noticed non-evolutionary Creationism is strong here on this website. Would it be wrong to force evolutionary creationists to not call themselves Christians because some believe evolution goes against the Bible? I think it would be.

What about Christians who don't think the Bible is inerrant/infallible? Should they be forced to remove their Christian tag by people who considered those beliefs as anti-Christian (or even further, that person isn't a real christian)?

Already people who are not following a traditional christian marriage (non-Christians marrying) are allowed to be called married. People who have been divorced to before, and remarried are also allowed to be called married here, even though some would say its not a true marriage. So why is SSM the exception? All what I listed above is apart of Legal Marriage, so why should SSM be singled out?
Im sorry you feel that way. We had to draw the line somewhere and we decided to draw it on the most popular view of the word of God down through the ages. Quite the opposite of asking folks to be dishonest, we ourselves are being quite honest.

Look we tried a few things for you all and here is where we all ended up.....Im sure you can appreciate our willingness to change as much as we could with out compromising our own site wide stance/beliefs.

And for certain areas we relaxed the posting restrictions to include more dialogue both ways on this subject.

I hope you can see we are not ignoring the complaints but trying to address them as best we can.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
What part do you express sorrow over?
I come here looking for some companionship, fellowship with other believers who share my faith....my beliefs....and I find it hard to believe that even here I have to tread lightly around things that God has determined to be against his will.
Its a big site my question was where did you post and have this reaction?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Whether ones marriage is to the State....or God....or both...should not be a question asked for those who list themselves as married.
..marriage is to the State....Really, to the state. Married to the state? Marriage is a contract between a man, woman, and God whether or not a state even exists.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just a few post up on this forum. Really not trying to beat your guys up over this but this is a HUGE thing to many of us on this site. We don't want to be disappointed with what you are trying to accomplish for God on this site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, I see now what you are asking. My view applies to the entire site....promoting SSM and homosexuality should always be off limits here....no exceptions.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quite the opposite of asking folks to be dishonest, we ourselves are being quite honest.

From their perspective, you are asking them to be dishonest.

One can be honest.....without forcing people from their (and legal) perspective to be dishonest.

You and many others can be honest with christian beliefs and say true marriage is a traditional/christian based relationship between a man and a woman under our God. This can be said while still giving people who do not fall into that category, whether that be couples of different religions, no religion, or same sex couples basically anyone who fits the legal marriage requirement, to be allowed "married" as an option

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Married to the state? Marriage is a contract between a man, woman, and God whether or not a state even exists.

What about men and women who marry, but neither do it for God, because they don't believe he exists. Should they be allowed to be called "married" here?

Reactions: katautumn
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What about men and women who marry, but neither do it for God, because they don't believe he exists. Should they be allowed to be called "married" here?
M/F marriage does not go against the will of God; SSM does.

Reactions: raggedycamel
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I see now what you are asking. My view applies to the entire site....promoting SSM and homosexuality should always be off limits here....no exceptions.
Im sorry you feel that way. It is important enough that the world is losing its faith over many things that use to be everyone's opinion, not to mention God's and in our opinion part of the reason is the Church has gone silent on these tenets of our faith. We cant all agree on everything the Word of God says but we can talk, that is one thing that we can do and hopefully with love and compassion and passion for his word we will see hearts move closer to God's will in here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
From their perspective, you are asking them to be dishonest.

One can be honest.....without forcing people from their (and legal) perspective to be dishonest.

You and many others can be honest with christian beliefs and say true marriage is a traditional/christian based relationship between a man and a woman under our God. This can be said while still giving people who do not fall into that category, whether that be couples of different religions, no religion, or same sex couples basically anyone who fits the legal marriage requirement, to be allowed "married" as an option
Im sure you can appreciate our willingness to change as much as we could with out compromising our own site wide stance/beliefs.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I am loving this sincere and respectful dialogue but Im signing off soon and dont want to wake up tomorrow and find the conversation got away from us. Im going to close this for now and we can all resume tomorrow
@Sojourner1
@DarylFawcett
@Tallguy88 can open it tomorrow

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,207.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
September 29th is the final day for voting in the POLLS that have been set up in some of the forums in the Congregational Category.

If you haven't voted in your area yet, time is running out for you to do so.

Re-opening this thread for an hour or so.

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
September 29th is the final day for voting in the POLLS that have been set up in some of the forums in the Congregational Category.

If you haven't voted in your area yet, time is running out for you to do so.

Re-opening this thread for an hour or so.

It is of no hope, society has won :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.