Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am feeling quite low. In my church i wanted to do so many things. But the politics and attitudes of people have dragged me down. I realise i will never make progress in that environment.
My faith in Jesus is strong but i feel increasingly disillusioned.
I need to talk to someone but i do not know who to trust. I feel my only option is eventually to stop going there. This scares me.
For now i am fine praying and reading my bible at home. I am sure this is a trial God is allowing to happen for my benefit. So that perhaps it forces me out of my comfort zone and makes me take stock and move on to better things. I want to meet truly passionate christians who are really getting things done and where i can be inspired. Does this make sense! I'm restless.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It makes sense, but to solve the problem often requires the person who feels as you do to shop around. That sounds crass, but it is the only way to find what you are hoping to find. And I know that, while it may not always be available, it often is.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am feeling quite low. In my church i wanted to do so many things. But the politics and attitudes of people have dragged me down. I realise i will never make progress in that environment.
I need to talk to someone but i do not know who to trust. I feel my only option is eventually to stop going there. This scares me.
For now i am fine praying and reading my bible at home. I am sure this is a trial God is allowing to happen for my benefit. So that perhaps it forces me out of my comfort zone and makes me take stock and move on to better things. I want to meet truly passionate christians who are really getting things done and where i can be inspired. Does this make sense! I'm restless.
A person should not be where they are not fed and nurtured in the Word, and if you are not fed you are not growing spiritually. This is something to take to God and ask Him to show you what is His Will for you and if moving to another church is right then make it clear to you.
But if you have not talked to your pastor about how you are feeling then you are not being fair to him by giving him a chance to counsel with you about your feelings and such. I used to get "stinking thinking" about my church and when I finally sat down and talked to the pastor about it I learned that almost everything I was thinking was just the opposite of the truth. Stinking thinking usually is made up of false truths.
When in doubt....PRAY PRAY PRAY....:)

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most churches are just locked into their dogmas and rituals .They have pushed out all openings for spirit to flow.So there is no joy in them and where there is no joy there is no Jesus Christ. He came to give the world joy.That's why he said," You have to be as little children to enter the kingdom " Children don't take things so seriously they are playful have joy. I am part of a online community that teaches Jesus message that the kingdom of God is within you.You don't need a outer church to find the inner kingdom .Ask Jesus to guide you to find what you are looking for where you can shine your light. Don't ever be discouraged that the sharpest tool in the devil's toolkit . Seek and ye shall find I did .

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will tell you something that does not make me popular with many Christians. I do not and will not go back to a church unless by the grace of God I happen upon one of the 2 archetypes of a true church out of the 7 churches in revelation. That and most Christians in this day and age do not deserve to be called Christian and the don't even know why. They are the ones that Jesus mentions that will knock and say Lord, Lord and he'll say I never knew you, be gone. I went through a big revelation myself years ago and realized the struggle I was having was mainly because everything I was taught was a lie and no church leader has known the true God and the true gospel of Jesus in 1800 years. I wont get deeply into to that but I will say. I was a music teacher and good friends with the pastor of a church I agreed to help years ago and it opened my eyes to alot.Jesus has also pointed that if you belong to the synagogue Of satan which in my opinion is every organized church out there, you should not fall into the belief of lies, point out to them their faults and leave. It's important to congregate with other real christians but you can do that and do the work that God gave us on sites such as this where people are needing help. You can also start Godly projects on your own without the ok from apostates. Bless you for wanting to help and keep up the fight.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Why can't you talk to your minister or to your partner?

Why does the thought of leaving this church scare you?

May I suggest looking at the christianityexplored web site. It will enable you to search for churches that run this course in any country.

Check out the web sites of the nearer churches to you and go and try them one Sunday.

If your current church gives you grieve for attending a different church, please note that it is likely to be a cult rather than a Christian church.

Reactions: Steven Wood
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can relate :hug:

Take this to the Lord - I've felt like this recently and had to just take a step back in terms of still fellowshipping where we are currently but asking the Lord to guide my steps. My priority is a place where my two (and myself) can grow and be around other believers their ages (a very tall order for us in the UK :) )

So keep seeking the Lord on this - we both know that some areas of the UK is spiritually dry and sometimes some fellowship might be temporarily better than no fellowship at all. Just put on your full armour each Sunday until the Lord shows you your next move.

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,552.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The most important thing is that your faith in Jesus is strong and remains so. It seems to me that some church leaders take on the mantle of 'knowing what's best for the church' and use their own opinions to overrule anyone else's. They are enabled in this by a membership happy to comply without really questioning where the church is heading. So anyone who sees that the church rather than Jesus is being glorified will be pushed aside by the leaders and let be pushed aside by those happy to go along with the leaders.

It is a difficult place to be in when you have nobody to turn to but have faith that Jesus will provide somebody who understands and cares. I would say not to be scared about stopping your attendance of this church. It can be the way that Jesus would have you go in order to bring others into your life who have experienced similar to you. Look for another church who are getting things done for the Lord and not stuck in the 'this is the way we do things here and you are not complying' syndrome.

This has happened to my wife and me. My wife was accused of being judgemental and disapproving of somebody in the church when she legitimately raised a situation disturbing to her with an elder. She was told that she was likely to inflict harm and was not in need of protection at the time. I was actively serving in this church at the time and immediately withdrew from service. Although we still occasionally attend, it has more to do with seeing how the elders behave toward us than with anything else. They continue to treat us as some sort of pariah rather than with biblical love. We are currently actively pursuing a biblical resolution to this.

On the positive side, since withdrawing from regular attendance of this church, the Lord has brought others who understand and care about us into our lives. These have been a real blessing and show us how much God cares for our well being. We are being taught and encouraged in God's word in a real way where our contribution is valued and not incorrectly judged.

I pray you will be led by the Lord in the steps He would have you take. He truly uses people in situations where we feel weak and utterly dependant on Him.

Blessing to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godcrazy

Sep 20, 2018
Cheshire
✟9,353.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have experienced the same Let me tell I'm from Scandinavia, and I have been in uk since 2010. I work etc. I met a man here who wasn't Christian, and came over
I have always believed in God, when I was a child, I went to Sunday school in the local church where I received a children's bible .My mum only sent me there to not stick out compared to other kids. My family are atheist except from two deseased uncles who did believe and my grandparents.
So there was no chance I could continue church, after the years gone as my parents wouldn't let me.
I asked God to keep me, somehow, and He did, showing me the end in vision and how I'd be saved, but a friend wouldn't be. And I saw her. I first got to know her many years later as I was a small girl.

But the search was on, through new age as late teen where I had a psychic reading with a shamanic witch. That opened up for UFOs and years of visitations and abduction. And a very notorious belief in past lives and twinsouls. My psychic experiences opened up.
Little did I know that you get defiled and open up when you go to them. A friend had encouraged me. That friend ended up by the way, to betray and back stab me.

I moved over to the neighbour country to study and then the search was on, so I fell into jehowas witnesses. I was with them for three years until their lack of love and coldness made me ask God to help I was afraid of demons of leaving, as they brainwash you to believe they are God's only thing. And what's gonna happen to you when you do Oh yes repetition can do that with group think. Plus play on fear. But I asked jesus to help me and He did, all the information I ever needed was there online. Someone might say, yeah but it's only online but how it was put together, and in the logical chronological order was too perfect to be coincidence. Turns out the ruling governing body of elderly men in new York who is their head quarter, puts themselves on God's place claiming only they have the truth, and that jesus speaks only through them, and their papers. So you can't question or criticise. God opened my eyes they put themselves in God's place After discovering that, I wanted out I asked jesus to help and he came to me, overshadowing me, and told me about my past. He filled me up, and all depression, all fear was totally gone.
I had no trouble with the organisation except a few attempts to visit.
But then I ended up in a dead Lutheran church, where only a few showed love. I have always had many strong experiences with God, but the priest told me that don't talk about it ,as not everyone would like it! Not long after God showed me that church was in split in two groups, one wanted new ways one wanted same old stiff. I told the elder who said he's been waiting for answer and start crying. Not long after he ignored me in front of a que. Like I didn't exist

The damage was done, I headed into new age and the occult, doing alot I shouldn't have.
Then the man from here came along and he was into new age, so we lived together as married for several years, but he never married me despite saying. Turned out he had huge personal mental and physical issues. I tried help as best I could Alot of things happened that he twisted and turned on me. So he moved, visiting occasionally. We've never been intimate as the new age beliefs sect like beliefs saying not to but unfortunately in the end. I was happy with him when it was good, he was my best friend But he has way too many problems. Right now he's at a hostel for homeless men where he is waiting for help, gets brain and body scans, and waiting for psychology treatments.. He says He's suffering from fibromyalgia aspergers, highly functioning just been diagnosed and lots of pain mentally and physically. He broke his back four times. Went to God and back. He's been through severe childhood abuse.
He started to be taken over by voices telling him I'm inside him as his higher self (new age) and another two women, one who is a high school crush he never got to know etc. Saying I'm gonna morph into them and a famous top model, that he thinks he's having a relationship with. And that he's gonna morph into a famous man top model.
He has been quiet for a long time now however, and I've not seen him for months.

When he saw I had a bible he start to talk against it and said all of a sudden to me "you believe in HIM" and start to make fun of me and talking a speech full of new age. I prayed for him and then he got aggressive. Despite it was to myself.
So up to now where God revealed the truth about new age, which I couldn't come out of, the rabbit hole is very deep. But he did it and alot of good youtube opened my eyes, and in the minute I repent and He came in I felt something in me moving like living water, and knowledge and his peace and love, and he's guiding me towards a messianic congregation. Showing me. Its incredible how much knowledge popping up. But I have a few new age friends, not in this country though, but they've been good friends but now they're strangely quiet. One of them said out of the blue, whatever you do, don't go with the Christians. And she's well into new age, spirits etc. They're all strangely quiet. But I don't care. I have zero friends in uk now He was my best friend, and we lived secluded. Plus I've tried to make friends, but with no luck. People don't get back.
All I can hope for is the new congregation. I was around to another church, before, in the middle of it all. Trying Introduced by a Christian guy who invited me out Turned out he was taking advantage of me. When I told the church they already knew as he's done it to many people. They said he was a good guy just had some problems. So it all end up with him screaming he wanted me out of his church When I didn't come all my friends in the church stopped speaking to me. Even erased me on fb. I've not even done anything.
So, back to the new age.
And now, I'm back with God, and He's alive in me. Guiding me. But I'm so afraid going to church.

Upvote 0