Not open for further replies.

Doc T

Senior Veteran
Oct 28, 2003
✟5,246.00
Faith
Mormon
Fit4Christ said:
Thanks, Doc, that did give me some more insight. A couple more questions - you said President Kimball presented it to his two councilors - is this as in "council members" or members of a council, or as in "counselor", meaning someone who he confides in and receives advice from? Also, is this common for a president to run a revelation by these 2 persons first, then present it to the Quorom of 12?

Well, it was supposed to say his two counselors, but at 11:00 pm my time, it may have said just about anything. ^_^

Yes, the President would present it first to his two counselors and get their approval, then it would be presented to the Quorum of the 12 for their approval and if it were to become doctrine, then to the Church as a whole.

Doc

~

Upvote 0

Doc T

Senior Veteran
Oct 28, 2003
✟5,246.00
Faith
Mormon
Frankie said:
Hi Doc. Looks like you are the "answer man" of the hour. lololol

Ok, so another question for you. What happens when they DO disagree? Do they all stay in the room and pray until they agree with the prophet or each other? How does that work?

Now, I have never been an apostle, so I am going on what I have read and heard. If they do disagree then it is dropped. It may take days or even weeks before they come to any conclusion so there is prayer together and there is prayer individually.

Doc
(The answer man of the hour :D )

~

Upvote 0

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
carolbob said:
Are there any standards by which the Prophet's revalation are checked against, i.e. does it fit in with the Bible?
Why would that be done?

When a group believes in "continuing revalation", the past doesn't matter as much as the new teaching.

Upvote 0

skylark1

In awesome wonder
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
✟14,176.00
Faith
Christian
skylark said:
Hi Doc,

Is the room in the SL Temple that the LDS President and the 12 LDS Apostles meet at called the "Holy of Holies?"
Doc T said:
No, I believe it is called the Assembly Room

Ok. Thanks, Doc.

Is only the LDS President allowed in the room called the Holy of Holies?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.