• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Disapproval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm thinking about doing something most of the Christian community disapproves of. Don't worry, it's nothing dangerous. It's just something I want to do, that even my own family will disapprove of.

My reasoning for not listening to the Christian community is, the best preachers and teachers have some of the greatest darkness, in my opinion. I'm not saying everyone is that way, just the people that have tended to talk to me.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As long as you aren't disobeying God by doing it, I see no problem with it.

It really depends.

I would tell what it is, but the rules are pretty confusing on this matter. Perhaps this post should be moved to Struggles with Sexuality board so I can talk about it. However, this also means the theological parts of my post would probably have to be hacked out.

Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It really depends.

I would tell what it is, but the rules are pretty confusing on this matter. Perhaps this post should be moved to Struggles with Sexuality board so I can talk about it. However, this also means the theological parts of my post would probably have to be hacked out.
I see. You could try finding another board that would allow further discussion of the matter. I'm not entirely sure where the best place would be though...

Upvote 0

introverteen

Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm thinking about doing something most of the Christian community disapproves of. Don't worry, it's nothing dangerous. It's just something I want to do, that even my own family will disapprove of.

My reasoning for not listening to the Christian community is, the best preachers and teachers have some of the greatest darkness, in my opinion. I'm not saying everyone is that way, just the people that have tended to talk to me.

We all have to judge each other in the community by our fruits. Good produce good, bad produce bad, good can't produce bad and bad can't produce good.
Don't take any word of man as gospel unless it's backed up by God.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
your-attention-please.jpg