ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
I think Geo and Defens and Maggie are trained Catechist's..and maybe others here, sorry if I left you out :sorry:

Well, I'm attending a meeting on Wednesday evening arranged for those interested in training to become Diocesan Catechists...I'm aware that the training is a 2 year course, but know little else about it as yet...myself and another convert from our parish are going to be attending, most parishes are asked to send at least 2 people who they think would be suitable material.

I know that things work differently elsewhere in the world...but I'd be really interested in hearing about your experiences, your training material, your examinations etc.

My jaw nearly dropped when I discovered how long the course was...but then, we have 2000 years to cover, don't we ;)

Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

God Bless.

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Eva, this isn't a degree type course, it's just the bottom course of Catechist Training...Fr. Peter has informed me that there are many more levels that can be taken after this, but we are tallking years hence.

It is a formal certificate that I will receive if I pass at the end of the two years though :)

I think the degree course is 4 or 5 years long for the home study and about 2-3 thousand pounds for each year :sad:...doubt I'll get that far...and if I do, at this rate I'll be about 90 and then I'll die in even greater debt than i'm already in :D

thanks Michelle, I also remember geo linking to a training course online, mine is going to be run through the Doicese so the course may differ, but I'm sure geo will be able to fill me in on the course topics etc if he see's this...although...he never did reply to my email 6 months ago ;)

God Bless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.