NH
✟252.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
In the book of job there are mentions of behemoth and the great leviathan, so God did create the dinosaurs and giant sea creatures. But the book of Genesis makes it very clear that God created every living thing that has been on earth. People try to argue there was a time before Adam and Eve, but there is no biblical proof of it and they are using that theory to try to explain what happened to the dinosaurs and try to explain where demons came from. I personally believe we just hunted them away. Just like many of the animals that have become extinct, like wholly mammoths, dinosaur fell victim mankind.

As for the earth being 6000 years old, that is hard to say because there are estimates from people who have taken the ages and time-frames mention in the Bible and added them together to get an estimate of 6000 years. The bible does give good genealogical accounts of peoples ancestry and so that's how they came to their answer. The bible mentions the ancestry from Adam to Jesus in great detail, and then we just add the 2024 from there.
The behemoth is a water ox. The Leviathan a mythical creature. Thye are not dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs were here before Adam and Eve and lived during what's called the pre-Adamite world. They were not in the garden of Eden, and Noah didn't put any on the ark because there were no dinosaurs around, and no record of them being around. If they were around after Adam and Eve, and around during the flood, you would think that their enormous size, and the fear they would have instilled in people as they roamed the earth, would have been clearly documented in history by the many historians and the bible itself. Neither the historical or biblical record, document any creatures of such immensity have ever roamed the earth while man was upon it.

Well the Creation Scientist have fabricated an answer for everything. They say dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible! They tell us that the "behemouth and the leviathan" were dinosaurs. The behemouth is likely a water ox, Hippo, or some other large creature. It's a pipe dream to even suggest they are dinosaurs. The Leviathan is a sea monster and likely a mythical/symbolic one at that.

Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my only response to this is: how did they die?
how was something able to die before Adam and Eve sinned? Did Paul misspeak when he said:

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned— 13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone's account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

You could argue he was talking about spiritual death, but does that mean then that God created mankind with the intent to die?

Also, if there was a pre Adamic era, that would mean sin was already in the world, and therefore death already existed, which would then mean that Paul's statement is wrong. And if Paul was wrong about that, what else was he wrong about? Being Saved by grace? Being righteous in right standing with God?

You know, it's crazy to think that God, who created the entire universe, is incapable of saving even the dinosaurs. Yet, we have drawings from tribes and villages that depict dinosaurs like creatures living with humans. We have footprints in hardened mud along side with human footprints. How can that be?

Anyways, have you read Job 40, when God talks about behemoth and leviathan? Either God is exaggerating, which would make him a liar or we've gotten something wrong on our end.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,350.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You could argue he was talking about spiritual death...
Exactly. Adam did not die physically that day, but spiritually.
Does that mean then that God created mankind with the intent to die?
Yes, physical death is a natural part of the design of the physical life. The opposite would lead to many absurdities and impossible logical contradictions.
Yet, we have drawings from tribes and villages that depict dinosaurs like creatures living with humans. We have footprints in hardened mud along side with human footprints. How can that be?
Thats easy. People have been founding their skeletons and could deduce what the creature roughly looked like. This is also the source for the mythology about dragons, giants etc.
We have footprints in hardened mud along side with human footprints. How can that be?
We dont, this was debunked long time ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the dinosaurs were here before Adam and Eve. Genesis states that God created the Heaven and Earth period. And that the earth was void and without form. If you take that back to the Hebrew it basically means the earth was in a ruined state. In Isaiah he states he did not create it that way. He created it to be inhabited. So we know he didn't created a mass covered in water, it became a mass covered in water. He destroyed that age. The reason you see footprints that look human with dinosaurs at times but no fossils of humans is because those are most likely angelic footprints I believe. They have bodies and mass and look just like us. But the footprints are usually a perfect footprint. There have been more than one sighting of these types of prints.

In Jeremiah 4 he talks about that age. He takes us back to the earth being void and without form, so we know he's not talking about Noah's flood. And how he beheld the mountains and hills and they moved -from his anger. Which makes sense because if you look at certain maps of the world it looks like a puzzle that used to fit together.

And Peter of course talks about how the heavens and earth are of "old" and that people are willingly ignorant about that. Christians are not
ignorant about Adam and Eve and Noah's flood so he is talking about an older time.
Also, if there was a pre Adamic era, that would mean sin was already in the world,

We had Satan's sin of pride at that time that led to the age being destroyed.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
The behemoth is a water ox. The Leviathan a mythical creature. Thye are not dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs were here before Adam and Eve and lived during what's called the pre-Adamite world. They were not in the garden of Eden, and Noah didn't put any on the ark because there were no dinosaurs around, and no record of them being around. If they were around after Adam and Eve, and around during the flood, you would think that their enormous size, and the fear they would have instilled in people as they roamed the earth, would have been clearly documented in history by the many historians and the bible itself. Neither the historical or biblical record, document any creatures of such immensity have ever roamed the earth while man was upon it.

Well the Creation Scientist have fabricated an answer for everything. They say dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible! They tell us that the "behemouth and the leviathan" were dinosaurs. The behemouth is likely a water ox, Hippo, or some other large creature. It's a pipe dream to even suggest they are dinosaurs. The Leviathan is a sea monster and likely a mythical/symbolic one at that.
Taxons today do not tells what those creatures were called back in 2000 B.C. Perhaps some people did them a water ox. However, the Behemoth was no water ox. The description given just doesn't give us the features of a water ox. Here is a description of the Behemoth from the 1537 Matthew's Bible.

Job 40:17,

"He spredeth oute hys tayle like a Cedre tre, all hys vaynes are stife."

Same verse from the 1539 Great Bible,

"He spredeth out hys tayle lyke a Cedre tre, all hys vaynes are styf."

Again, same verse but the 1568 Bishop's Bible,

"When he wyll, he spreadeth out his tayle lyke a Cedar tree, all his sinowes are stiffe"

A tail like a cedar tree does not describe a water ox.

But lets get into more history outside the Bible.

Here is an authentic cave painting which is said to be 5000 years old. The cave painting was discovered in the Amazon district of Yamón province of Utcubamba, Peru. It features 9 warrior tribesman hunting a large sauropod. A memoral hunt indeed that would be forever imprinted on a save wall.
img (7).jpg

img (8).jpg

Then there is the The Kachina Bridge Sauropod Petroglyph
This one is located in Utah and is said to be between 500 and 1500 years old.

img (10).jpg

kb.gif

This is just a small taste of what is out there for authentic Saurpod art in ancient times. But it all supports the description of the Behemoth on Job.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
People try to argue there was a time before Adam and Eve, but there is no biblical proof of it
Some say Adam and Eve were created on the sixth day. Some say on the eight day. So there are five days before God created man. The question is on the meaning of the Hebrew word for day. Actually the Bible talks about day and night. Not just day. Genesis 1:5 "God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.”

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
. That would be impossible for all the wild animals in the world, from all the different climates to be on Noah's Ark. The animals he saved were from the middle east. If you want to save man you have to save the whole eco system that man is part of. The world is made up of lots of individual eco systems. It was just the plants and animals in Eden that were saved on Noahs Ark. There was a world flood at the time of

Upvote 0

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟17,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have someone telling me that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Now I understand that a little bit but I wonder where the dinosaurs came from? I know there is a YEC who calls himself Dr Dino but I can not research why he uses this name because his videos have been removed.
No one really knows and it is poor policy to speculate simply because someone always says, "AH Ha!..."

But I found this interesting in the Encyclopedia Britanica (not a supporter of a young earth). Given the age spans of people prior to the flood, it is entirely plausible for these reptiles to grow to enormous sizes. Fossils of every type of dinosaurs have been found on every continent, EXCEPT around the Middle East. Up until Noah, could the dinosaurs exist elsewhere and died out through hunting/natural causes prior to the flood? This map seems to indicate this might be a plausible scenario. It also shows that, at one time, the entire world was 1) warm all over to support the cold blooded dinosaurs, and 2) must have been connected to allow movement and dispersion of these animals. And the knowledge of these animals might explain why in every early civilization there are stories about "dragons".

But, then again, I'm just adding another possibility base on conjecture. I wouldn't start a new denomination over it.

1709032080021.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟17,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
ed4c7f5c28f677febd912d3ed4538ea1.jpg

Five seconds of googling and voila! Dinosaurs in the Middle East.
We'll have to correct the Encyclopedia Britainica. From my "five seconds of googling"...

More recently, dinosaur footprints were spotted in Lebanon and Egypt, and last year a new kind of large-bodied meat-eating dinosaur was found at a fossil site in the Sahara by a team from Egypt's Mansoura University Vertebrate Paleontology Centre, which is the first centre of its kind in the Middle East.​
There goes my new denomination.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,350.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We'll have to correct the Encyclopedia Britainica. From my "five seconds of googling"...

More recently, dinosaur footprints were spotted in Lebanon and Egypt, and last year a new kind of large-bodied meat-eating dinosaur was found at a fossil site in the Sahara by a team from Egypt's Mansoura University Vertebrate Paleontology Centre, which is the first centre of its kind in the Middle East.​
There goes my new denomination.

“It is a gold mine of future exploration. Dinosaur fossils are everywhere across the Middle East."

Upvote 0

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟17,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
“It is a gold mine of future exploration. Dinosaur fossils are everywhere across the Middle East."

Yes, I read something like that as well. I'm skeptical that it is to this extent. After all, suddening we have people tripping over dinosaur bones all over the place in the Middle East. The Middle East has always been one of the most aggresive area for digging. Suddenly, in the last 10 years they're finding dino bones and dodo everywhere. They're thinking of building Dino-Land in Mecca. I'm surprise some Arab Fido hasn't dug up a dino bone.

I think a more temper reading, as some sites have stated is that there have been dinosaur bones found in the region. But what, so far, have been found are not extensive and the fragments are not as good as at other places. They believe this has to do with the climate, pass and present.

Still, I don't dismiss the find. I'm not an archeologist and familiar with what is going on or have/have not been discovered.

Upvote 0