Visit site
✟84,015.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to paleontologists, dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years. As a technical term, dinosaur is not written in the Bible. Nevertheless, God could have created the earth with embedded records of dinosaur fossils. These are not fake records but summary records of events in space-time history.

Did they actually walk on the earth during those million years?

I'd treat it as if they did because that's the scientific records. Whether they did or not makes no difference to the redemption story in the Bible. The Bible focuses on redemption, saving people for eternal life. Dinosaurs were amoral creatures. They were not targets of the redemption story.

Is Behemoth a dinosaur?

Job 40:
15 “Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
Behemoth was probably not a dinosaur. If it is, then the description is anachronistic. In any case, it should not have any effect on the redemption story or our walk with God.

Last edited:

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
I personally believe dinosaurs came about the same time the nephilim came about. As Genesis states
So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,015.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
I personally believe dinosaurs came about the same time the nephilim came about. As Genesis states
So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
Thanks for the verse reference. This is how to do referencing in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the quoted text.
  2. Selectively bold the relevant keywords that are important to the point that you are making. No need to bold the entire sentence.
  3. Be concise and to the point. No need to quote the whole chapter.
This is what I do for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee you: it will improve your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it :)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
Interesting. So dinosaurs could be viewed as monstrosities then.

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to paleontologists, dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years. As a technical term, dinosaur is not written in the Bible. Nevertheless, God could have created the earth with embedded records of dinosaur fossils. These are not fake records but summary records of events in space-time history.

I'd treat it as if they did because that's the scientific records. Whether they did or not makes no difference to the redemption story in the Bible. The Bible focuses on redemption, saving people for eternal life. Dinosaurs were amoral creatures. They were not targets of the redemption story.

Is Behemoth a dinosaur?

Job 40:

Behemoth was likely not a dinosaur. In any case, it should not have any effect on the redemption story or our walk with God.
In what way were dinosaurs amoral creatures? And since when is morality a characteristic found in animals?

I'd say the Behemoth was a Wooly Mammoth. They're described as having tails like trees, but I think what's actually being described is their trunks.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Is Behemoth a dinosaur?

Job 40:

Behemoth was likely not a dinosaur. In any case, it should not have any effect on the redemption story or our walk with God.
One either believes the biblical account of creation as it is written .... or they do not. The two (creation/evolution) are mutually exclusive.

Time is an elusion .... time is restricted to the earth. Without planet earth there is no time because there is no one to calculate it (no intelligence to comprehend it). Without the existence of mankind there is no time.

The evolution theory requires significant time .... else it falls flat .... it is a theory based on time (as calculated from planet earth)

What time is it on Mars? How is time calculated on Mars or any other planet? Why should we use planet earth time to calculate the age of
everything? It's ridiculous to do so.

God created time for mankind for His specific purposes on planet earth .... outside of planet earth there is no time .... because there is not intelligence to comprehend it.

Scientists have no idea how old things are .... nobody was there to comprehend time ... supposed "millions/billions" ... "years" ago ..... the idea of time is non existent without mankind.

If you do not exist .... what time is it? If you do not exist how much time has passed? It can't be calculated.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you present the two propositions that contradict?
Time don't exist without mankind .... there is no mind to comprehend it .... mankind has not always existed. Evolution can not hold up without theorizing time .... so it's being used on something that was non-existent.

Do dead people know what time it is? No .... because they do not exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,015.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Time don't exist without mankind .... there is no mind to comprehend it .... mankind has not always existed. Evolution can not hold up without theorizing time .... so it's being used on something that was non-existent.

Do dead people know what time it is? No .... because they do not exist.

Fill in the blanks:

Proposition P1 = ___.
Proposition P2 = ___.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Fill in the blanks:

Proposition P1 = ___.
Proposition P2 = ___.
P1 ---- it takes a mind to comprehend time
P2 ----- mankind has not always existed

If the earth mysteriously blew up .... is there such a thing as time?

So when science is using earth time as the basis of evolution and determining the supposed age of things .... they are using something that didn't exist ... again ... if mankind does not exist ... neither does time. Give some thought to it.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

There was a show that used to come on years ago when we were kids. You probably saw it. It's called The Land of the Lost. I recalled it recently and reached a similar conclusion. The opening explains the storyline. You wouldn't reach another dimension without a portal. That's another conversation for a different day.

The dinosaurs always tried to harm them. But you don't see the same in Genesis. They were given dominion over them all. Extra biblical texts expound on that period and the violations the earth endured through demonic forces and numerous perversions too.

I don't know if they're chimeras but I don't believe He made them. The animals arrived at the ark of their own volition. Noah didn't have to gather them. Every depiction of dinosaurs is anti human. They always oppose us. That doesn't coincide with His mandate.

~bella

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There was a show that used to come on years ago when we were kids. You probably saw it. It's called The Land of the Lost. I recalled it recently and reached a similar conclusion. The opening explains the storyline. You wouldn't reach another dimension without a portal. That's another conversation for a different day.

The dinosaurs always tried to harm them. But you don't see the same in Genesis. They were given dominion over them all. Extra biblical texts expound on that period and the violations the earth endured through demonic forces and numerous perversions too.

I don't know if they're chimeras but I don't believe He made them. The animals arrived at the ark of their own volition. Noah didn't have to gather them. Every depiction of dinosaurs is anti human. They always oppose us. That doesn't coincide with His mandate.

~bella

-​
Bella,
I do remember that show and have (in the past) actually looked it up, remembering past Saturday morning tv shows from the 70's.

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

I do depart from these young earth creationist who place dinosaurs being put on the ark along with other animals. Like i was saying i believe they came about from fallen angels in a similar fashion as the fallen angels brought about the nephilim.
With the ultimate goal by satan, to keep God from keeping His, promise (Genesis 3:15) to send a redeemer into the world for humanity.

Not sure if you are familiar with this persons (Trey Smith) youtube video kind of interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This can be resolved by distinguishing between space-time and witnessed time. See How old is the earth?.
If no one is here .... there is no one here to calculate time and time does not exist. Time was created by God for man for specific His purposes .... not to determine how old things are .... He tells us in Genesis He created everything in 6 days .... are we to dispute that? Of course not.

Believe man or believe God.

Again time exists because man does .... without mankind there is no time (no mind to comprehend it) .... God is eternal (timeless) everything outside of planet earth is timeless (no mind to comprehend it) and to use earth time and apply it outside of planet earth is non-sense .... billions/millions of "years" is a theory .... nobody was there (in the beginning - before mankind) to calculate time.

space-time

spacetime is any mathematical model that fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time ...

mathematical modeling

It is difficult to represent real-world systems in terms of mathematical relationships. Data are often unavailable or inaccurate. Combining the sub- system models to create the model is seldom simple. Assumptions and estimates must be made at almost every step of the process.

assumption

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

no proof at almost every step

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. So dinosaurs could be viewed as monstrosities then.

A by product of satans plan to keep The Messiah from coming into the world. By corrupting the human flesh with the seeds of fallen angels

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,015.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If no one is here .... there is no one here to calculate time and time does not exist. Time was created by God for man for specific His purposes .... not to determine how old things are ....
Can you distinguish between the concepts of space-time and witnessed time?

Upvote 0