Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What have you heard proposed as an explanation for the extinction of the dinosaurs?

I'm not asking which one you accept or which one is the most absurd. Rather, how many can you list? And be as succinct as possible. For example:
1. Asteroid impact
2. The Great Flood

I realize this thread will eventually sink into an endless circle of arguments from one side against the other. And that's probably what most people find the most interesting. But all I want is the list - nothing more. So, if you could hold off for a day or so before the arguing begins, I'd appreciate it. After that, fire away.

Until then, what is your list? ... Go!
The atmosphere at that time was much different. Plants, animals and supposedly humans grew to greatness in size and had longevity. After the flood God changed all of this and we gradually came to what we have now, shorter life spans and an atmosphere less nutrient so as not to promote such growth and gigantism.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What have you heard proposed as an explanation for the extinction of the dinosaurs?
1. Global flood washed them away.
2. Climate change after the Flood caused them to go extinct.
3. Earth collided with an asteroid and cancelled their rights to natural selection.

Personally I believe #2 above.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The atmosphere at that time was much different. Plants, animals and supposedly humans grew to greatness is size and had longevity. After the flood God changed all of this and we gradually came to what we have now, shorter life spans and an atmosphere less nutrient so as not to promote such growth.
The only thing different is that there was more CO2 in the atmosphere during the dinosaur era and the continents were in different positions on the globe . Humans weren’t around then but the planet was warmer due to the additional CO2

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing different is that there was more CO2 in the atmosphere during the dinosaur era and the continents were in different positions on the globe . Humans weren’t around then but the planet was warmer due to the additional CO2
I thought the OP stated no debating for a couple of days.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
...Satan’s?

Satan's had fallen angels corrupt the human race creating the nephilim. but as the Bible states all flesh corrupted its way. So satan some way also cause the corrupting of animal flesh bringing about the dinosaur.
I personally do not believe dinosaur's were created by God in Genesis 1 that they came about by satan from corrupting God's original animal creation.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Satan's had fallen angels corrupt the human race creating the nephilim. but as the Bible states all flesh corrupted its way. So satan some way also cause the corrupting of animal flesh bringing about the dinosaur.
I personally do not believe dinosaur's were created by God in Genesis 1 that they came about by satan from corrupting God's original animal creation.
What makes you hold this...unique belief? Dinosaurs weren’t evil creatures, at least no more so than anytime else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The atmosphere at that time was much different. Plants, animals and supposedly humans grew to greatness in size and had longevity. After the flood God changed all of this and we gradually came to what we have now, shorter life spans and an atmosphere less nutrient so as not to promote such growth and gigantism.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What makes you hold this...unique belief? Dinosaurs weren’t evil creatures, at least no more so than anytime else.

I do not believe they were brought onto the ark

If they were part of God's original creation they would have been brought onto the ark and would be around today like all other of God's animal creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

except all thats nonsense :> and the atmosphere with dinosaurs was simular to our own so shoots that idea.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
e26eaf25d2f4f0a21c2e3ae46ee05477.jpg

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker

I'm not asking which one you accept or which one is the most absurd. Rather, how many can you list? And be as succinct as possible. For example:
1. Asteroid impact
2. The Great Flood

I realize this thread will eventually sink into an endless circle of arguments from one side against the other. And that's probably what most people find the most interesting. But all I want is the list - nothing more. So, if you could hold off for a day or so before the arguing begins, I'd appreciate it. After that, fire away.

Until then, what is your list? ... Go!
A supernatural cause, for sure.

Upvote 0