Difference between 7th Day Adventists and Baptists?

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do disagree with 100% free will. I think there is limited will, and predetermination/predestination.

To put it crudely, if x is the percent of free will, then one has, then 1-x is the perecent of predestination.

X =/= 1 for unholy creatures
X = 1 for holy creatures

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are there so many denominations for one bible canon?!
My SDA brothers will not agree with me on this one, but I submit it is due to the early church kicking out the Jewish believers. IT started an evil mutation in the church's DNA that once developed, (circa 1000 ad) started a string of schisms that keeps accelerating to this day, resulting in tens of thousands of denominations and groups.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lol, I didn't either. Kept Sabbath over a year before I ever heard her name.

Weird huh?

You must have read the same verses about the sabbath in the same bible canon as me...

(I have nothing against Ellen White... I honestly have no idea who she is. But, I think it is "interesting" she is brought up AGAINST sabbath followers...)

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My SDA brothers will not agree with me on this one, but I submit it is due to the early church kicking out the Jewish believers. IT started an evil mutation in the church's DNA that once developed, (circa 1000 ad) started a string of schisms that keeps accelerating to this day, resulting in tens of thousands of denominations and groups.

I think agree.

Christianity is the natural progression/evolution of the Hebrews. The Hebrews of old, and new knew about Christ, and never had any intention of ignoring Him.

So, when Christ proved Himself to Be, naturally the Hebrews who were Hebrew believers on Him became "Christian."

While, perhaps, the "gentile" group ran with Christianity as a completely different entity separate from the spiritual revolution of Christ. Even the pharisees ran with their own group separate from both "neo-Hebrews"/Christians who were Hebrew, and gentile Christians.

Even more so, the gnostic excluded EVERYONE (Hebrew, pharisee, pagan, Christian gentile, druids, etc.) and ran with their own "learned" sect that claimed they knew the truth and secrets, and everyone else didn't (agnostic).

But still, even extreme divergence eventually comes to a point of convergence - usually a singularity point - in which there is majority unity in thought and practice. That likely won't happen until during the tribulation when the luxury of entertaining subtle and superfluous doctrine is marginalized.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I must be a seven day adventist, except I have no idea who Ellen White is as many have accused.

I just happened to read the Bible...

Definitely don't fit Adventist Baptist.

Maybe adventist non denominational?

Why are there so many denominations for one bible canon?!

Ellen White is a prophet that lived in the 1800's who is the most translated female non-fiction author in the history of literature, as well as the most translated American non-fiction author of either gender.

She predicted a number of events - but primarily wrote by way of correction to the church.

She had visions on health - resulting in health principles and sanitariums - which is still highly valued today and the 2nd largest private Christian health system in the world.

She wrote on principles of education - resulting in the second largest Christian educational system in the world.

She was shown the end of the world - the millennium and the lake of fire, the new earth ... a great many details about the future as well as many details in life of Christ, the war in heaven, Angels, the conflict between Christ and Satan ...

Examples in the life of Christ --

Here is a short list of positive contributions to our understanding of key events in the life of Christ -- posted on the GT discussion area not long ago -
Dec 27, 2015 #8

1. Christ and the post resurrection sequence of events. -- Apr 5, 2015 #1
2. Christ's crucifixion - Apr 3, 2015 #1
3. Christ in Gethsemane - Mar 31, 2015 #1
4. The Resurrection of Christ - Apr 1, 2015 #1
5. Events at the Birth of Christ - Thursday at 12:58 PM #1
6. Compare different examples on the life of Christ - the Pope, and also "Desire of Ages" Thursday at 12:43 PM #130

She was a strong believer in the Protestant principle of "sola scriptura testing" of all doctrine and tradition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ellen White is a prophet that lived in the 1800's who is the most translated female non-fiction author in the history of literature, as well as the most translated American non-fiction author of either gender.

She predicted a number of events - but primarily wrote by way of correction to the church.

She had visions on health - resulting in health principles and sanitariums - which is still highly valued today and the 2nd largest private Christian health system in the world.

She wrote on principles of education - resulting in the second largest Christian educational system in the world.

She was shown the end of the world - the millennium and the lake of fire, the new earth ... a great many details about the future as well as many details in life of Christ, the war in heaven, Angels, the conflict between Christ and Satan ...

She was a strong believer in the Protestant principle of "sola scriptura testing" of all doctrine and tradition.

Why is she considered a talking point against those who celebrate the Sabbath?

Because she is a female?

Or, something else?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why is she considered a talking point against those who celebrate the Sabbath?

Because she is a female?

Or, something else?

1. Many Christians do not believe the statements in 1Cor 12 and Ephesians 4 about spiritual gifts for the church being valid today - so then "no such thing as a christian prophet" in that model.

2. Others will notice that Ellen White not only spoke about history, health, education -- but God also showed her a number of things confirming doctrines that the SDA church already held and of course any time those doctrines differ with group-A or B they would have to argue against her vision.

3. As for why they might attack Sabbath keepers of any stripe - with Ellen White who is strictly SDA - the reason for that is that at 19 million members and the 5th largest Christian denomination in the world according to Christianity Today in 2015 - article -- we are the largest pro-Bible-Sabbath group and make an easy to identify target in that regard.

Another interesting thread about Ellen White (Who was also shown a great many details about the dark ages and how it is that we end up with so many different denominations -- she wrote about this in her book "The Great Controversy").

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/whats-the-deal-about-mrs-ellen-g-white.7914264/

The Great Controversy - free online
http://www.whiteestate.org/books/gc/gc.asp

Check out the chapter on the Waldenses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1. Many Christians do not believe the statements in 1Cor 12 and Ephesians 4 about spiritual gifts for the church being valid today - so then "no such thing as a christian prophet" in that model.

2. Others will notice that Ellen White not only spoke about history, health, education -- but God also showed her a number of things confirming doctrines that the SDA church already held and of course any time those doctrines differ with group-A or B they would have to argue against her vision.

3. As for why they might attack Sabbath keepers of any stripe - with Ellen Whit who is strictly SDA - the reason for that is that at 19 million members and the 5th largest Christian denomination in the world according to Christianity Today in 2015 - article -- we are the largest pro-Bible-Sabbath group and make an easy to identify target in that regard.

This can't possibly be enough to explain the vitriol people have for her, or pepole who happen to align with her (even without knowing her.)

But, I suppose if people don't even believe the 10 commandments are valid today, anything can be twisted into evil (even if it is profitable - especially spiritually.)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,732.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This can't possibly be enough to explain the vitriol people have for her, or pepole who happen to align with her (even without knowing her.)

How do you explain the hatred of the Jews for Paul -- the malice of the Israelites against Moses - the unpopularity of Isaiah and Jeremiah in their day among their contemporaries - the fact that only 8 people out of the whole planet follow Noah's preaching to the point of getting in the ark?

The hatred of the Jews against their own Messiah?

But, I suppose if people don't even believe the 10 commandments are valid today, anything can be twisted into evil (even if it is profitable - especially spiritually.)

Indeed - the Bible itself is not coming out of this unscathed. "Present Truth" has never been popular in any age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed - the Bible itself is not coming out of this unscathed. "Present Truth" has never been popular
Do to some recent events AND the finalizing of some well laid plans, it's about to get a whole lot worse. The WORD of God will always stand, but those who stand on it are becoming enemies of the state.

Upvote 0