• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Difference Believing and Knowing

Discussion in 'Struggles by Non-Christians' started by dc87, Nov 9, 2017.

1. dc87

dc87 Member

+83
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes. I don't even feel a leading of the Holy Spirit, unless that is that of a conscience.... which I have had since I was born. If that's the case then the Bible has lost all purpose.

2. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid "So, Jesus, what was that you said about 'truth'?" Supporter

+2,585
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some emotional disequilibrium. On a psycho-social scale, I wouldn't necessarily say that it is your fault. It could just be emotional exhaustion due to frustration in life. That wouldn't be atypical for a lot of us, dc87. You're just feeling what a lot of people have been feeling. You're human. We all are.

3. dc87

dc87 Member

+83
    Non-Denom
    Married
    ...... what? If I don't feel the leading of the Holy Spirit that means you're not saved.... right? Thats what the Bibly says.

4. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid "So, Jesus, what was that you said about 'truth'?" Supporter

+2,585
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Personally, I take the 'leading' of the Holy Spirit to be something that, on the whole, contains both intrinsic and extrinsic implications. So, just because you're not 'feeling' led by the Spirit at the moment doesn't mean God isn't doing something in your life that will, at some point, enable you to continue to walk the Christian path. :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  5. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,162
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I would be worried.

6. Dan Brooks

Dan Brooks Member

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    John 14:1 King James Version (KJV)
    1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Jesus was saying to His disciples to believe in Him. They already knew Him of course, at least on a human level, since they had been with Him for 3 years. And obviously He wasn't saying to believe in His existence. They're right there with Him. Belief in the Bible, when it has to do with salvation, means, trust. Jesus is saying to His disciples for them to trust in Him, like they trusted in God.
    Being born again is being born of the Spirit. This begins when you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved. From there you begin your relationship with Him. You begin to know Him. And the whole point of eternal life is to know Him, to know God.
    So when you humble yourself before God, repent of your sins (acknowledge and confess your sins and renounce and turn from them) believe in Jesus, that is, when you trust Him for your salvation (forgiveness of your sins, cleansing from unrighteousness, and redemption of your soul from hell), you are born of the Spirit by receiving His spirit in you, and you are born again. And then you begin to know Him. So they are all true.
    You can believe Jesus existed, and you can know who He is, but the question is, do you trust Him for your salvation?
    Do you trust in Jesus? Do you trust Him?

7. Dan Brooks

Dan Brooks Member

+75
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I LOVE that! Made me so happy I almost cried. :)

8. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,162
    Non-Denom
    Private
    This is so nice. Went back and read it again.

9. losthope

losthope Regular Member

+15
    Agnostic
    Married
    Hello dc87, as a non-Christian I am not supposed to post here but despite asking for help I am not able to start a "conversation" with you. Would you start a conversation with me please as I have some information that you may be interested in. Thank you