Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They would be judged according to their innocence.

This is more of a biology question instead of Christian, but microscopic organisms have a countless myriad number of jobs to perform. They clean the environment by eating waste matter, fix nitrogen in the soil, help us digest foods, make cheese, ferment wine, cause disease, etc.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe all children are saved by grace. I believe we all reach an age of accountability. For some, that age is 7 (I know of kids that young who've chosen to sincerly recieve Christ as Savior)...I'd say for most it's probably 10-12 or so...for some (I'm speaking of mentally retarded individuals) maybe they never reach that age. But I believe before we reach that age of accountability that all children are innocent and saved by the Grace of God.

Just something that I've always sincerely believed.

Love, Heather

Reactions: Rising_Suns
Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
yes heather, all children are saved if they die before the age of accountability. TAA is simply a concept that, the older you get, the more accountable you begin to become..the more your brain can understand who God is, what evil is, etc. Once you have sinned for the first time, you are then first accoutable for that sin. Once you read about Jesus in the bible for the first time, you are accoutable for the knowledge/wisdom you have gained. The tough part is, the more you know, the wiser you are, and the more graces you have, the more accountable you are and God expects more of you. It becomes a great responsibility.

Anyway, just speaking off the top of my head (in other words, this is my opinion.) :)

Reactions: HeatherJay
Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ruixiangz said:
Does that means...I should kill my child to save him just after he is born???
It means that we are all born children of God until we (through our own freewill) remove ourselves from His glory through sin. At that point, enter Jesus and His sacrifice from our sins that gives us access to God's glory once again.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
ruixiangz said:
Doesn't that still means that we should kill our child after he is born to prevent him/her from sinning???
You have no control over whether a child goes to heaven or not? That is left to God alone. By assuming you can by doing evil will only condemn yourself.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ruixiangz said:
Doesn't that still means that we should kill our child after he is born to prevent him/her from sinning???
We ALL sin and there's no way to prevent it without committing a sin yourself. What it means is that you should raise your kids to be children of God. Then, when they do reach that age of accountability, they will accept Christ and be saved.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

PRMan

Part-Time Bible Scholar
Oct 3, 2003
Yorba Linda, CA
Visit site
✟15,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I disagree with several of the other posters here. I'm not trying to turn this into a debate, just to give you full information from across the spectrum of Christianity.

I believe that a baby that dies will not go to heaven, but to Sheol (aka the grave, Hades or Purgatory by the Catholics). The Old Testament gives many examples of people going to Sheol, check the footnotes in your Bible (and see Acts 2:24-31):

Acts 2
24But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25David said about him:
" 'I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will live in hope,
27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
28You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.'[1]
29"Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,[2] that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay.
(NIV)

I don't believe that a baby could go to heaven, as the Bible is pretty clear that there is NO OTHER WAY to heaven except through Jesus Christ. I don't see any exceptions for babies.

Acts 4
12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
(NIV)

John 14
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
(NIV)

It doesn't say no one except cude, cuddly little babies, no matter how much we might want it to.

Since Christ preaches to the souls in Sheol:

1 Peter 3
18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[1] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison
(NIV)

I would assume that the baby would have an opportunity to receive Christ there, just as those from the Old Testament would, as well as those from nations that have never heard of Jesus.

Ultimately, Hades will be emptied and everyone in it will stand trial before God's throne. The record of what you have done will be used to prove your guilt. We will all fail that one. Notice that ONLY those whose names are written in the Book of Life are allowed in. I don't see any exceptions:

Revelation 20
12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
(NIV)

To answer your second question, God has commanded that we not murder, so I would highly recommend against murdering your baby (although I assume you are mentioning it as a theoretical argument, and quite a good one I might add).

Reactions: Rising_Suns
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ruixiangz said:
No, that is why Jesus died for us. We are forgiven our sins because of Him. You are missing the point of Grace; it is not to prevent sin..But to forgive sin.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!!

Upvote 0

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
PRMan said:
I disagree with several of the other posters here. I'm not trying to turn this into a debate, just to give you full information from across the spectrum of Christianity.

I believe that a baby that dies will not go to heaven, but to Sheol (aka the grave, Hades or Purgatory by the Catholics). The Old Testament gives many examples of people going to Sheol, check the footnotes in your Bible (and see Acts 2:24-31):

Acts 2
24But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25David said about him:
" 'I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will live in hope,
27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
28You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.'[1]
29"Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,[2] that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay.
(NIV)

I don't believe that a baby could go to heaven, as the Bible is pretty clear that there is NO OTHER WAY to heaven except through Jesus Christ. I don't see any exceptions for babies.

Acts 4
12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
(NIV)

John 14
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
(NIV)

It doesn't say no one except cude, cuddly little babies, no matter how much we might want it to.

Since Christ preaches to the souls in Sheol:

1 Peter 3
18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom[1] also he went and preached to the spirits in prison
(NIV)

I would assume that the baby would have an opportunity to receive Christ there, just as those from the Old Testament would, as well as those from nations that have never heard of Jesus.

Ultimately, Hades will be emptied and everyone in it will stand trial before God's throne. The record of what you have done will be used to prove your guilt. We will all fail that one. Notice that ONLY those whose names are written in the Book of Life are allowed in. I don't see any exceptions:

Revelation 20
12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
(NIV)

To answer your second question, God has commanded that we not murder, so I would highly recommend against murdering your baby (although I assume you are mentioning it as a theoretical argument, and quite a good one I might add).
I, in turn, will disagree with you. I believe we are not born with sin, but born into a fallen and sinful world. Our sinful nature is a product of that fallen world. Therefore, babies are not judged by what they do not have. Original sin.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!

Upvote 0

PRMan

Part-Time Bible Scholar
Oct 3, 2003
Yorba Linda, CA
Visit site
✟15,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
And these are difficult topics, so there probably will be disagreement in places. I'm just curious how you rectify your view with Revelation 20:15, or the several verses saying that Christ is the ONLY way.

Just out of curiosity, are you pro-abortion? And if not, why not?

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
There really isn't much disagreement here. All souls in purgatory are going to heaven, they just need to be cleansed first....or as PRMan is suggesting, babies go to purgaotry first because they need to be given the opportunity to accept Christ before entering heaven. It's splitting hairs either way, because the end result is the same.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake.

Matthew 19:13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put [his] hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].
14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

2 Samuel 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell [whether] GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
23 But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed [are] the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

These are just few verses that argue in favor of children going to heaven when they die. Of course there are other verses that people will interpret to mean that unsaved children go to hell. There are, as you pointed out, also those which indicate that babies go somewhere in between...purgatory. These are the ones that I believe...there are more, if you want I can post them too :)

Love, Heather

Upvote 0