Visit site
✟17,470.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
we are going on a honeymoon (after the actual ceremony in Dec). A cruise to Mexico for 5 days. It's important to us because we've been apart for 6 months now; we've only been able to see eachother a couple times for a couple days since May (military) so it's important for us to have some relaxing time after the wedding, just us before he has to go back to techschool for more training. We're VERY excited about it. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise and we got a suite with a balcony!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

teishpriest

Feb 23, 2007
United States
✟8,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we used money we received as wedding gifts to drive from Maine to Washington, DC. My parents rented a car for us, and his paid for the gas. It was only a few days, but it was fun to go sightseeing together. I'd never been there before, so DH had fun showing me things that he had seen and I hadn't.

It wouldn't have really bugged me if we hadn't gone anywhere, but it was fun to just take a few days to go on our first "vacation"!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't know - what counts as a honeymoon?

We didn't go away immediately after our wedding as we didn't have the money for it (and also, my husband is a teacher, and we didn't get married during the summer vacation, so there's no way that he would have got permission to go on a honeymoon during the school year), but we called the first vacation after our wedding our honeymoon - that was after nearly two years of marriage. It was a very romantic trip, 10 days to Florence - we both love renaissance art so it was a dream.

But it wasn't a priority for us, that's why we postponed it for nearly 2 years.

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We went to St. Louis, saw a baseball game and some other sights, then went to Chicago and did the same thing.

Note to engaged couples: don't blow your money on a wedding. Go get married at the courthouse, then use the money for a nice honeymoon.

Upvote 0

sageoffools

Poster of wit, widsom and wiffelry
Aug 27, 2007
Confusion, US
✟16,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Went to Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard for a week.

We definitely enjoyed have our first vacation together.
Of course, I'd have been happier if I had followed the Bible procedure for newlyweds:
Deuteronomy 24:5 "When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: [but] he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken." :thumbsup: :cool:

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Went to Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard for a week.

We definitely enjoyed have our first vacation together.
Of course, I'd have been happier if I had followed the Bible procedure for newlyweds:
Deuteronomy 24:5 "When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: [but] he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken." :thumbsup: :cool:
Shame that people don't live according to the Bible anymore. :D

Upvote 0

reverie_maiden

The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟17,097.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We went to the Smoky Mountains. We stayed in a cabin there for a week. The best part was going to the Miracle Theater in Pigeon Forge. The play there was amazing. We felt it was important to go on a honeymoon because we knew if we waited until we had more money we would never get around to going on one. We wished we could have gone somewhere farther away like Hawaii, but money was tight and even tighter now so I don't see that ever happening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We went to Paris. It was stunning. I hadn't been to France before and cannot wait to go back.

I was looking forward to the honeymoon far more than the wedding. I didn't like being the centre of attention so was not too keen on the whole idea of a church wedding (did it anyway because hubbie wanted it).

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We did go on a honeymoon! :thumbsup: ;)

We went down the entire length of highway 101 and highway 1 on the Pacific Coast--from Astoria, OR to LA, CA! :D We drove the whole way...rode when we wanted to, stopped when we wanted to, took photos along the way, went through the Redwood Forest, stopped for seafood dinners that were caught that day, slept in crazy little bed and breakfast places, and had the time of our lives!

And yes it was important to us because it gave us our first memories together as a couple--memories only the two of us share--and it gave us time to really enjoy each other's company. Now when "normal life" kicks in with the bills and the kids and all that--I just pause and remember how much fun I had on my honeymoon and how much I really do LIKE my spouse (in addition to choosing to love him), and it helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bluebug83

Jan 5, 2007
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We spent one week in Hawaii. The plane left at 11 am the morning after our wedding; the reception lasted until 10 pm the previous night. Absolutely no regrets about leaving that soon after, and the honeymoon was a blast. Best vacation I've been on, aside from the fact that it was also my honeymoon.

I was a bit like fuzzymel where I don't like being the center of attention, but I was still more focused on the wedding, since it was such a huge life event. But afterwards, I thought to myself "Hey, we get to go to Hawaii after this! Neat!"

Upvote 0

jelvenko

Veteran
Oct 4, 2005
Florida
✟11,559.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We didn't get to go on a honeymoon. We didn't even have an actual wedding. At the time we got married we were living 2,000 miles apart. I went to visit him for his birthday (which is right after Christmas). While I was visiting him we went to the court house and got married. We weren't even going to tell his mom until after all was said and done, but she wouldn't let us leave the house until we told her where we were going. So she went with us and took his little brother.

After we were married (went around 10 AM.), we went to the beach for the rest of the day. Then we had reserved the honeymoon suite at one of the local hotels. Went there in the evening, got pizza, and just enjoyed the rest of the night.

This last June, we did go on a road trip up to Wisconsin for camp, but I was sick most of our time up there, so it was miserable. The only good part of that trip was getting to see my parents and little sister. Also, my parents decided that I had married a good guy, because of how much he was worried about me. (At 4 AM I spiked a fever of 102.4 so he went and got my mom for me, because he couldn't get it down.) My parents didn't find out we were married until 3 months after the fact, so they had some resentment towards him....

So yeah, got a little off topic, but we didn't have an official honeymoon. Yet, I would not trade that trip to the beach on our wedding day for anything in the world. It was wonderful getting to walk along the shore, picking up shells. The best part was, there was 3 dolphins feeding not even 100 yards off shore. I have always wanted to see dolphins in the wild, so it made the day perfect!

Upvote 0

Mickeyk72

Legend
Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
✟26,834.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We used money we received as wedding gifts to drive from Central Indiana to Chicago. We went for 5 days I think. It was fun to go sightseeing together. I'd never been there before and I can't remember if he had or not.
It wouldn't have really bugged me if we hadn't gone anywhere, but it was fun to just take a few days to go on our first "vacation". We have talked about going back sometime. It was a good trip.

Upvote 0