Did the SBC ever retract their condemnation of the NIV 2011?

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
To any and all praying Christian reading this: you had better be praying the Lord will assemble anther God-lead committee to produce another version characteristic of the KJV. It will not happen if we don't bring it forth through prayer. Although the KJV contains its own built in dictionary, it does take longer for the student to understand this method of understanding any archaic words.

I would like to see another God-inspired text produced. But, dear Christian, it will not happen except through the prayers of the saints. How many of you praying Christians out there understand this?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks! I read through it and saw the point specifically regarding the NIV. Still not sure how I feel about it yet.

With any translation, I urge you not to follow your own advice, 'Still not sure how I feel about it yet'.

Feelings about a translation are irrelevant. The issue is whether it is an accurate translation from the original language, taking into consideration translation philosophy, i.e. dynamic equivalence for the NIV.

Don't go looking for a word-for-word translation with the NIV. It's a meaning-for-meaning translation.

Oz

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
With any translation, I urge you not to follow your own advice, 'Still not sure how I feel about it yet'.

Feelings about a translation are irrelevant. The issue is whether it is an accurate translation from the original language, taking into consideration translation philosophy, i.e. dynamic equivalence for the NIV.

Don't go looking for a word-for-word translation with the NIV. It's a meaning-for-meaning translation.

Oz
I can tell you how the Queer community wants you to feel about.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can tell you how the Queer community wants you to feel about.
If Satan himself offered to the Church a Bible version that he claims is more accurate, trustworthy and "contemporary," then much of the Church would have the sense to reject it. But if the children of the Enemy offer a version to the Church with the same claims, much of the Church is climbing all over it claiming,"Oh, it's more accurate and we can understand it now. Ignore the spiritual character and personal beliefs of the translators. That has nothing at all to do with it. What, what? You say that bible translation is not just an exercise of academia, it is also a spiritual endeavor? Oh, but surely not. No, no, the translator's credentials are surely of more importance."

So what if the God's Word makes it clear that the children of the Enemy will will do the will of their father the devil.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0