Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That never crossed my mind.

You sound like Mr. Spock who doesn't understand the nuances of language.

I understand it just fine, which Is why I don't think anyone stole anything from anyone. I know what you mean though, it's not that difficult to understand people even when they make poor word choices from a more philosophical perspective.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm old, when I was growing up there was only the "G". I suppose there could have been B or QQ, not T, technically already L, not sure of the others.
I'm old too. My point was to illustrate how complex it all is now and that anything and everything has been included to form LGBTQQIP2SAA+.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They had probably had it with all her "being gay" ideology.
No she had been violating school rules. The LGBTQQIP2SAA+ cake was seen as an "in your face" act of rebellion.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand it just fine, which Is why I don't think anyone stole anything from anyone. I know what you mean though, it's not that difficult to understand people even when they make poor word choices from a more philosophical perspective.
Stole.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No she had been violating school rules. The LGBTQQIP2SAA+ cake was seen as an "in your face" act of rebellion.

I doubt the school actually had a policy against such cakes. The case already settled out of court. This actually happened two years ago. Hopefully it was worth the money to expel her over a birthday cake.

They were so mad about it that they forgot to follow any of their own policies for discipline and arbitration and made up a bunch of stuff about the girl that wasn't true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt the school actually had a policy against cakes. The case already settled out of court. Hopefully it was worth the money to expel her over a birthday cake.
You're making yourself look obtuse, is that really the direction you want to go in?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're making yourself look obtuse, is that really the direction you want to go in?

Obtuse you say? That post means I think these people got exactly what they deserved.

The "in your face" act of rebellion (your characterization) rattled them so much that they skipped all their usual procedures for discipline and arbitration of disputes.

So, the moral here is that it doesn't pay to be so thin skinned.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Obtuse you say? That post means I think these people got exactly what they deserved.

The "in your face" act of rebellion (your characterization) rattled them so much that they skipped all their usual procedures for discipline and arbitration of disputes.

So, the moral here is that it doesn't pay to be so thin skinned.
Rebellion and rule breaking has its rewards.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rebellion and rule breaking has its rewards.

She hadn't actually broken any rules with that picture, that's the point.

The petty and arbitrary response by the administration of the school broke their OWN rules.

Or, the administration of that school was so frazzled by her rainbow cake picture that they couldn't be bothered to adhere to the rules they themselves made up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She hadn't actually broken any rules with that picture, that's the point.

The petty and arbitrary response by the administration of the school broke their OWN rules.

Or, the administration of that school was so frazzled by her rainbow cake picture that they couldn't be bothered to adhere to the rules they themselves made up.
We're back to ground zero. What if it had been a picture of her wearing a swastika and a cake with a swastika on it in front of her?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably about as much as the swastika can be shared now.

For thousands of years the swastika was an innocuous symbol that was shared by many, until it was stolen to symbolize only one thing in particular.
Next time I see a swastika appear in the sky after a rain, I’ll be sure to take a picture of it.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Next time I see a swastika appear in the sky after a rain, I’ll be sure to take a picture of it.
Is that when we'll know that Nazis will never come back? Because I'd like that.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh I see, that girl was wearing a rainbow that appeared in the sky after a rain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is ultimately, the primal source for inspiration for the colors on the cake.
The sweater she was wearing and the cake. Both of which now symbolize LGBTQQIP2SAA+. See I'm blaming the LGBTQQIP2SAA+ Pride movement for this.

screenshot-abcnews-go-com-2023-01-27-20_17_28-png.327210

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The sweater she was wearing and the cake. Both of which now symbolize LGBTQQIP2SAA+. See I'm blaming the LGBTQQIP2SAA+ Pride movement for this.
I'm not sure why one needs to assign blame exactly, it's a girl smiling with a cake at her birthday party.

But since you went though the trouble I'll award you an honorary sad bow.

1675052635721-png.327295

Upvote 0