Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This report doesn't really address the example of the OP that was being discussed nor is it addressing the same kind of circumstances in the OP, or the example of one denomination attacking another for not following their specific brand of Christianity.

Is there a particular aspect of the report you'd like to delve into in particular?

It's not surprising that the UN Human Rights commission would want to focus on inclusion, and focus on making sure that people aren't the victim of violence or discrimination. But that's a far cry from any sort of enforceable legal framework, as the UN isn't the legislative or judicial body of the US.

The UN also has a commission focused on Animal Rights with reports and stated goals of getting rid of animal foods...much like the UN commission you're referencing, everyone says "gee, that's nice, we'll think about that", and then changes nothing. Their commission focused on animal rights has been around since 2005. Last I checked, steak and chicken are still legal.

They also have a committee on Drugs focused on "international drug policy" and decriminalization, that was founded in 1992. In the 30 years it's been around, have we seen that manifest into any sort of "one-world enforced legal framework"? Or has it been the status quo of everyone listening to their sales pitch, and then all of the various countries (and individual states within the countries) doing whatever they want?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gluttony is a sin also but we are talking about the sin of Homosexuality here.
So you're completely fine if overweight people get kicked out of schools or churches for their sins.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“Repentance is a weighty matter!”
If eating to much is a sin, that continues to happen. Then they should be kicked out, like gay people. That's the point.

Upvote 0