Did some giants escaped The Noah Flood ?

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OG was still 11-12'
genesis 3:11

Maybe - the translation I'm using says it was his sarcophagus that was that big and has a footnote.

See A. Millard, “King Og’s Iron Bed: Fact or Fancy?” BR 6 (1990): 16-21, 44;

the bible says there were giants in the land...

the spies said they looked like grasshopers.......
numbers 13:32-33

Why take the spies report at face value? Maybe they either just didn't want Israel to invade and/or over-exaggerated the strength of their opponents?

also joshua and caleb did not dispute their claims
numbers 14:6-9

I'm not sure anything should be concluded from those verses.

however large they were the bible doesnt exactly say....but at least 11 foot ++++

Nah, probably not.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I don't think that God has to rely on Noah to refill the world with all kinds of living organisms we see today. His command to Noah is more likely a test of faith to Noah. To me, it's more of a prophecy that the animals Noah saved will reappear in the New earth and New heaven. Isaiah described lions which will eat straw like ox. While God never instructed Noah to catch any fish, and the book of revelation says that the future New earth no longer has any sea.

Second, I suspect that "sons of God" can be used to describe any creature looks like a human but actually not a human. This include angels, or simply other homo erectus than humans. To me, the verse in Bible is an implication of interbreeding may have occurred between humans and other species existed back then. Today's science also indicates that humans may have the Neanderthal genes inside us.

The giants may thus be those coming from the interbreeding of humans and other homo erectus.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
however large the giants were after the flood???? 9-12 feet?????

it makes since that they existed.....

when sin came into the world things were distorted....anger, hate, disease, mutation, distortion.....

dinasours were 30' tall 100 feet long, weighed tons????
fossels and bones have proven this......
but this was before the flood.....

makes since if the animal kingdom was distorted then yes there were giants before the flood
as stated in Genesis......
men lived 970 years, violence filled the land, and giants were a result of sin.......

Upvote 0