Did Peter Consider Himself The Head Of The Church ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Lion Heart, I have read post after post of yours and taken every piece of crap you have thrown at the Catholics, but I'm tired of it. I've reported this post, and from here on I will report all posts you make which contain things like "Catholicism has no foundation" and making jabs at the Pope like "Foreseeing the arrogance and pride of false religious rulers who would be powerful..."

If your only purpose is to paste anti-catholic tripe from web pages then go somewhere else. Rapture Ready will welcome you with open arms.

-Chris

Upvote 0
Originally posted by kern
Lion Heart, I have read post after post of yours and taken every piece of crap you have thrown at the Catholics, but I'm tired of it. I've reported this post, and from here on I will report all posts you make which contain things like "Catholicism has no foundation" and making jabs at the Pope like "Foreseeing the arrogance and pride of false religious rulers who would be powerful..."

If your only purpose is to paste anti-catholic tripe from web pages then go somewhere else. Rapture Ready will welcome you with open arms.

-Chris

Kern,

These are not my words, if you'll notice at the bottom, this is a quote from The Sword and the Staff.

And please be fair when reporting your perceived "arrogance and pride" to include posts that you like to gloat at when they're posted to de mean Protestants who disagree with you.

Richard

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
If you quote something, you are responsible for the content. You shouldn't paste something in your post unless you are willing to stand behind what it says.

I never said you were being arrogant or prideful, I said that your post was accusing the Pope of being both arrogant and prideful.

-Chris

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Lion Heart

These are not my words, if you'll notice at the bottom, this is a quote from The Sword and the Staff.

Isn't there a forum rule against quoting substantial chunks of stuff?

Anyway, I don't think that "it was a quote" changes things much; it was clearly presented as support for your opinions, and therefore aligned with them.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by kern
If you quote something, you are responsible for the content. You shouldn't paste something in your post unless you are willing to stand behind what it says.

I never said you were being arrogant or prideful, I said that your post was accusing the Pope of being both arrogant and prideful.

-Chris

Look let me end this by saying;

I am of the opinion that anybody, including a pope or any ecclessiatical leader that would say or consider himself to be "GOD on EARTH or can forgive SIN,is "arrogant and prideful".

And does not care a hoot about what Jesus nor the Scriptures teach.

Has any Pope claimed such a heresy??

End of story.

Richard

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, if a Pope has said something heretical that just means that particular Pope was bad, not the whole Catholic religion.

Popes do not claim they are God and can forgive sins, they claim that they can forgive sins through the power given through Apostolic Succession that leads back to Jesus (and of course it's God that's ultimately forgiving you) -- but you don't have to be a Pope to do that, just a priest.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am closing this thread. It seems to have run its course. Also I have not been a moderator in this forum for 24 hours yet and I have had 3 reported posts in this one thread alone. So it seems to me that this thread is doing more harm than good. If you have any questions PM me.

Blackhawk

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.