Did Jesus sin when His feet were on the Earth?

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Peter 2:22 WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;
2 Cor 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
1 John 3:5
You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If HE ever sinned in any way whatsoever, it would have invalidated HIM from being our saving sacrifice for sins.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remembering that the faith of God never ever asks why.
If He was fully a human being, that would include a less than perfect physical body and existence. Being God's son, He would have no sin counted against him, even being born into sin as the rest of us humans are. But you can't claim he was fully human and perfect too. That wouldn't be fully human. I don't think scripture claims he was fully human, so you can drop that claim and be OK.

Upvote 0

AllThingsWorkForGood

Nov 8, 2018
Scotland
✟11,482.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Remembering that the faith of God never ever asks why.

Erm, no Jesus was perfect and sinless, as outlined by some of the Scriptures quoted by others already. And, I don't understand your comment as per the above.

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
2 Cor 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
Jesus was sinless before the Cross. However, when God forsook Him He became sin for us. By crying out 'why' doesn't it show that He was falling short of the glory of God by questioning His Father?

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
If He was fully a human being, that would include a less than perfect physical body and existence. Being God's son, He would have no sin counted against him, even being born into sin as the rest of us humans are. But you can't claim he was fully human and perfect too. That wouldn't be fully human. I don't think scripture claims he was fully human, so you can drop that claim and be OK.
Jesus lived on Earth as a man although He was God in human flesh. He overcame all temptations by walking in the Spirit after He was baptized with the Spirit at the River Jordan. However, on the Cross He was forsaken by His Father and cried out why...(more to come)

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Erm, no Jesus was perfect and sinless, as outlined by some of the Scriptures quoted by others already. And, I don't understand your comment as per the above.
Yes, He was sinless before His Father forsook Him

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was fully man and fully God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Those scriptures concern Jesus before He was forsaken by His Father

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus was sinless before the Cross. However, when God forsook Him He became sin for us. By crying out 'why' doesn't it show that He was falling short of the glory of God by questioning His Father?
No.
He did not become sin (sorry someone or many deceived you there).

• Optimistic
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Read Psalms 22:1, in fact, the whole chapter. It is a prophetic picture of the crucifixion, even to these words:

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?

Even Judas was chosen to fulfill prophecy.

I've read your posts so far, and do not agree with you, sorry.

Upvote 0

AllThingsWorkForGood

Nov 8, 2018
Scotland
✟11,482.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Yes, He was sinless before His Father forsook Him

At least now I have pieced together what you are trying to say - that you believe Jesus sinned because he questioned his Father at the Cross. However this is incorrect and I think you are a bit confused.

Jesus, in the depth of his anguish on the cross, cried out to God 'Father, why have you forsaken me?'
I don't know how you then make the leap to say that Jesus himself then sinned. This is not true.

Where do you get this idea that questioning God is sin? The Bible is full of accounts of people questioning God about all sorts of things. That in itself is not sin. It all depends on the context of the questioning and the motive of the heart. Jesus' cry was out of deep, deep anguish and being torn apart from the love of his heavenly Father by the agonising experience of spiritually bearing the burden of mankind's sin.

He also agonised over going to the cross before he did so, in the garden of Gethsemane, when he cried out to God to take the burden away from him, but then told God His will be done.

Jesus Christ did not sin by crying out to God on the cross. We all cry out to God if we are in physical and/or spiritual agony (if we are His true children). It's a human response to suffering and Jesus was, at the end of the day, human as well as God incarnate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Read Psalms 22:1, in fact, the whole chapter. It is a prophetic picture of the crucifixion, even to these words:

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning?

Even Judas was chosen to fulfill prophecy.

I've read your posts so far, and do not agree with you, sorry.
God, who knows the beginning from the end, yes? or no? If He asks why then He is not God?

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
At least now I have pieced together what you are trying to say - that you believe Jesus sinned because he questioned his Father at the Cross. However this is incorrect and I think you are a bit confused.

Jesus, in the depth of his anguish on the cross, cried out to God 'Father, why have you forsaken me?'
I don't know how you then make the leap to say that Jesus himself then sinned. This is not true.

Where do you get this idea that questioning God is sin? The Bible is full of accounts of people questioning God about all sorts of things. That in itself is not sin. It all depends on the context of the questioning and the motive of the heart. Jesus' cry was out of deep, deep anguish and being torn apart from the love of his heavenly Father by the agonising experience of spiritually bearing the burden of mankind's sin.

He also agonised over going to the cross before he did so, in the garden of Gethsemane, when he cried out to God to take the burden away from him, but then told God His will be done.

Jesus Christ did not sin by crying out to God on the cross. We all cry out to God if we are in physical and/or spiritual agony (if we are His true children). It's a human response to suffering and Jesus was, at the end of the day, human as well as God incarnate.
But the God kind of faith never ever asks why because God is the Alpha and Omega.

Upvote 0