Not open for further replies.

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
I believe jesus died for all humanity , and that now leaves me with two groups of people .

1 - Those who believe that message

2 - and those who do not .

Those who believe will be given a white gown and those who do not believe will be found naked and ashamed .

I will ask only one question , If non believers are to die and stay dead forever as some teach , how is it that they will be ashamed ?

God is *LOVE* and in him is no darkness at all . I believe this is the key to understanding the entire bible .

Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
I think the people who believe that Jesus died for the elect, and not for all, need to quit discussing that topic. Why?
1. You make it sound like you don't need to witness.
2. You make it sound like that witnessing doesn't matter.
3. You make it sound like you don't care for the lost.
4. You make it sound like people will come to Christ without anyone witnessing to them.
5. You make it sound like your an elitist and that you are better than the lost people. You aren't.
6. Its not worth discussing it because it causes people to get off the focus of the real reason.
7. Its not worth discussing it because it causes people who are lost to think they can't change their status.
8. Its not worth discussing it because it causes people who are babies in Christ to think to be confused.
9. Its not worth discussing it because it causes confusion.
10. The excuse that, "Witnessing is commanded by God is the reason we ought to do this" is not good enough. That shows no care for the lost. It shows you are following rules and don't care for people.

I used to believe that, but i decided it was not worth dwelling on this because this topic will cause you to neglect the lost.

If you want to believe this, that's fine. But don't discuss it around people who don't understand the issue. And if people who don't understand the issue bring it up, then tell them its not a topic for to be discussed without truly studying it and taking time to understand the position.

I've said my piece about this. I haven't talked about it before in here. And i really don't intend to start.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus Prays:

JN 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. 7 Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. 8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one. 12 While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

JN 17:13 "I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

JN 17:20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Jesus sends us out........God sends us whom He sends us.....

Upvote 0
Originally posted by quizzler
I think the people who believe that Jesus died for the elect, and not for all, need to quit discussing that topic. Why?
10. The excuse that, "Witnessing is commanded by God is the reason we ought to do this" is not good enough. That shows no care for the lost. It shows you are following rules and don't care for people.

11. You make it seem like as long as you are one of the elect, to Hell with the rest of them, literally.

(I am not saying that is your position, it is just an impression that is possible to hold, whether it is a right or wrong impression)

Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by s0uljah
11. You make it seem like as long as you are one of the elect, to Hell with the rest of them, literally.

(I am not saying that is your position, it is just an impression that is possible to hold, whether it is a right or wrong impression)

I will accept #11 too.

Upvote 0

devoted

Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
✟707.00
Of course Jesus died for all, what do you think X mass is all about, should only the "elect" celebrate x mass? Christmas is the celebration that salvation has come, Christmas is not the celebration that salvation has come to only a few.

...And who gets to decide who the "elect" is anyway?

This "philosophy" goes against every principle there is in scripture. And I say "philosophy" because that's all it is, a philosophical opinion, not an objective truth that the bible teaches.

The bible teaches “judge not least you be judged”, to say that the blood of Jesus did not redeem one based on ones opinion that the other is not “saved” is the epitome of Judging another.

The mere idea that Jesus could not have died for all based on the notion that if he did then all would be saved is silly to put it mildly not to mention completely unfounded and non biblical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Andrew
How many here believe that Jesus shed his blood for everyone? ie salvation is offered to every man.

Or do you believe that Jesus died only for the elect? ie he only carried the sins of a certain elect group of people, and left out others.

I believe Jesus died for the sins of the world.  John 3:16, 17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved".

What part of the "world" would any one person not be part of?

Also 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

What part of "all" is exclusive?

Not everyone will accept what He did as a covering for their sins, none the less, He died for the world.  He died for all.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by quizzler
I think the people who believe that Jesus died for the elect, and not for all, need to quit discussing that topic.

Okay.  Thanks for such a gracious attitude for those who believe differently than you. :rolleyes:

Well, I believe God died for the elect and I think we still need to witness.  I guess your theory isn't true.

2. You make it sound like that witnessing doesn't matter.

Of course it matters.  It's one of the ways God brings people to a knowlege of who He is.

3. You make it sound like you don't care for the lost.

Absolutely untrue.

4. You make it sound like people will come to Christ without anyone witnessing to them.

You make it sound like God is limited to your witnessing as the only way God can save someone.  Seems like you've got quite an inflated idea of your place in God's sovereign plan.

5. You make it sound like your an elitist and that you are better than the lost people. You aren't.

Those who adhere to the belief in the elect of God acknowledge that the elect are saved solely by the grace of God.  You believe you are saved because of a decision you made.  We put all our faith in the fact that God changed us from a depraved, unworthy, sinful being who is at war with Him to someone who has been given a new desire to do for His good pleasure.  You believe you overcame your depravity and God reward your sincere plea for redemption.  If anyone boasts about their position with God it's you.

6. Its not worth discussing it because it causes people to get off the focus of the real reason.

You have free will, right?  Just don't engage in those discussions if you can't do so in a godly way.

7. Its not worth discussing it because it causes people who are lost to think they can't change their status.

We can't change our status.  That's why we praise God, because He changed it for us.  You believe you're the one who changed your status because you "accepted His sacrifice" and that's what made it manifest in your life.  Forget about that whole "Fall of man" thing.  Forget about that "fallen nature of man" thing.  Forget about that whole "wrath of God" thing.  You're saved because you decided to be saved. 

8. Its not worth discussing it because it causes people who are babies in Christ to think to be confused.

Riiiiight, 'cause no one who thinks the way you do is confused. :rolleyes:

9. Its not worth discussing it because it causes confusion.

The idea that man can thwart the Will of God is the most confusing thing I've ever heard.  And that's a view that you espouse.

Nice presumption as to other people's motives. 

I used to believe that, but i decided it was not worth dwelling on this because this topic will cause you to neglect the lost.

When someone "neglects the lost" it's not because of a doctrine.  It's because they love themselves more than they lover their neighbor.  I understand if you take issue with the beliefs but to attribute the world's problems to what you perceive as a misunderstanding is going a bit far.

If you want to believe this, that's fine.

Okay.  Thank you.

But don't discuss it around people who don't understand the issue.

Do you mean people like yourself?  Who put you in a position to decide what we're allowed to discuss?

And if people who don't understand the issue bring it up, then tell them its not a topic for to be discussed without truly studying it and taking time to understand the position.

Okay.  Quizzler, this is not a topic you should discuss until you truly study it and take time to understand it.  Better? 

I've said my piece about this. I haven't talked about it before in here. And i really don't intend to start.

Praise God.

God bless

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by s0uljah

I have seen plenty of people on both sides of this debate act this way.  The way a person acts is not the measure by which truth is determined.  If I said, "s0uljah, if you ever act like you don't care about others then your views must be bogus" I would be wrong.

God bless

Upvote 0

devoted

Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
✟707.00
Originally posted by Quaffer
I believe Jesus died for the sins of the world.  John 3:16, 17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved".

What part of the "world" would any one person not be part of?

Also 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

What part of "all" is exclusive?

Not everyone will accept what He did as a covering for their sins, none the less, He died for the world.  He died for all.

Well said...and let's not leave out Jesus at the last supper saying that "this is my blood, the blood of the new and everlasting covenant, it will be shed for you and for ALL so that sins may be forgiven, do this in memory of me."

I was once told that this was a misinterpretation of scripture but I was never provided with the "correct" interpretation...I don’t know what I am misunderstanding? "For you and for all…" Sounds clear enough to me.

Upvote 0

devoted

Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
✟707.00
Reformist,

Well, I believe God died for the elect and I think we still need to witness. I guess your theory isn't true.

What are we witnessing to if Jesus only dies for certain people? Are you suggesting that we should still witness to the ******?

There really is only one way to settle this. Start a new thread and provide a scriptural outline of this "belief" please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devoted

Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
✟707.00
Originally posted by devoted
Reformist,

What are we witnessing to if Jesus only dies for certain people? Are you suggesting that we should still witness to the ******?

There really is only one way to settle this. Start a new thread and provide a scriptural outline of this "belief" please.

The editied work is "unsaved"

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course Jesus died for all, what do you think X mass is all about, should only the "elect" celebrate x mass? Christmas is the celebration that salvation has come, Christmas is not the celebration that salvation has come to only a few.

Right, 'cause all the unsaved people I know celebrate Christmas because "salvation has come." 

...And who gets to decide who the "elect" is anyway?

God.  Who else would?  We're His creation, not our own. 

This "philosophy" goes against every principle there is in scripture. And I say "philosophy" because that's all it is, a philosophical opinion, not an objective truth that the bible teaches.

I'm so glad that you cleared that up.  All those learned people that know more about God's Word than you and I probably ever will are just plain silly for thinking this.  What in the world could they base it on?  Certainly not because they have studied God's Word.  Why, they should just have come here and heard what you had to say. 

The bible teaches “judge not least you be judged”

Yeah...you might want to practice what you're preaching.

to say that the blood of Jesus did not redeem one based on ones opinion that the other is not “saved” is the epitome of Judging another.

I agree.  What does that have to do with the topic of this thread? :scratch:  

The mere idea that Jesus could not have died for all based on the notion that if he did then all would be saved is silly to put it mildly not to mention completely unfounded and non biblical.

The concept is infinite in value, not infinite in provision.  Silly, unfounded, and non-Biblical, huh?  Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel about it.

God bless

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have I ever said that I know who will be saved and who will not?  How in the world should I determine who to witness to if I don't know that?  So, even in my beliefs, we understand we should witness, in some form or another, to all people we encounter. 

Uh...no thanks.  I can tell that your motivation is not to understand what I believe, nor why I believe it.  You have proven that your desire is to disprove it.  Why would I subject myself to that.  I'll let someone else bite on your suggestion.

God bless

Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
Reformationist,

I actually do understand the topic. I got a little carried away.
;)

The point i was trying to make is that focusing on this issue really causes us to lose focus of what we are called to do. This topic is irrevelant for shallow conversations, which i think most forum discussions are. For people who don't understand the issue, they need to really study it.

And for those who don't agree with it, i would tell them its not an important issue and a waste of time for them to debate it. This is actually the first time i have made any comments about it.

But between you and i, if i was to tell you what i believe in the depths of my brain, i would say i basically agree with this from my readings. But on a surface level, i really care less about this topic because from what i have ever seen from this topic is alot of confusion, from both lost and saved. For those people they are better off not trying to understand this topic. And that basically covers a great majority of people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.