Visit site
✟736,852.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has been 4 years since I felt him leave my body. This happened after I fell into sin. Ever since then, I feel as my prayers have no effect. I'm dead inside (meaning no positive emotions), and I think I have a hardened heart. After I confess my sins, I don't sense him returning. Now when I pray and fast, it's completely useless. I feel as though I've committed the unforgivable sin. What should I do now? My life is falling apart and God has abandoned me...
The feeling of the Holy Spirit leaving you could have been a devil imitating such a feeling, so don't live by what you felt. The Bible tells us of God:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God is "faithful" and sticks by us, He remains with us even if we sin. He is also "just", justice is having your sins forgiven when we seek it. It would be unjust for God not to extend forgiveness when it was sought. This is because of God's nature. He has made the cross cover our lifetime of failures.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

So at any point, while we live the cross is available, we just have to receive it by faith.

Upvote 0

Leviishere

Mar 25, 2015
✟8,335.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have the same problem and question:
Did God abandon ne?
Holy Spirit abandon me?

I think what you're looking for--like me--is a sure sign to solidify you're safe with God.

Keep praying...
Perhaps you'll get a sign or vision soon.

I haven't yet, but I have faith I will.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you Aussie Pete. That is, in a way, reassuring.
But what do you suggest I do? In regard to both the material and the spiritual. I have no peace in my heart, and no clear direction for my life. I am in a predicament that is very complex to describe, and I do not know if even I am able to articulate it correctly; that is how much I distrust my own mental faculties. The one thing that defines me at the moment is this one word: poverty, both material and spiritual. I am trying to understand how it all came to this, yet I always come up short with an explanation. I pray and pray to the Holy Spirit, to no avail. If he has not rejected me/cut me off, how come that my life is the way it is? How come that my feelings are lying to me? How come my prayers for help are not being answered? Why can't I perceive his presence, even when I pray?

PS. I get that God said "I will never leave you nor forsake you" in the Old Testament. However, on other places He says "Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and a horrible tempest, this shall be the portion of their cup." (Psalm 11:6). Why is it that I should accept the first quote and take it to heart? Should I do the same thing with the verse I quoted? Sometimes I feel like a wicked person for all of my sins, so maybe it applies for me after all... do you get my point?
God's primary requirement of all people is very simple. It is trust. The reason that you struggle is that you are trying to understand spiritual issues with mental powers. That will never work.

Don't pray to the Holy Spirit. He is God but we pray to the Father in Jesus' name - so Jesus told us to do.

You have to realise what God has done for us in His great salvation. Who and what you are outside of Christ no longer matters. You are being condemned continually by Satan, the Accuser of the brethren. He wants to keep you blind to the victory that Jesus won for you.

The person that you call wicked (and rightly so) is dead. God included you in Christ when you first believed. God is no longer looking at you in isolation. Colossians 3:3, "For you died and your life is hidden in Christ with God." When God looks at you, He sees Jesus. You need to see yourself the same way. Likewise God raised you from the dead with Christ. So you are a new creation, a brand new person. You are acceptable to God in the Beloved.

Revelation 12 shows how to overcome Satan's accusations. Vss 10 & 11,

For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down - he who accuses them day and night before our God. They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony. And they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death.

You need to know the power of the blood of Christ to remove sin. Satan accuses us to our conscience. It is the conscience that needs to be cleansed. When we confess the precious blood, Satan's basis to accuse us is gone.

Hebrews 9:14 "how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!"

When we live under condemnation, it is impossible for us to serve God. That's why Satan does his best to keep us ignorant of the great salvation that Jesus bought for us. Romans 8 tells us how things are from God's point of view. We need to change our thinking to align with the truth according to God. When you get that right, you will find great peace. I've been where you are. It's hell. You have some truth to consider now. I can promise you, from experience, that the truth does indeed set you free.

Let God's word get into you. Read Ephesians, Colossians and Romans 6, 7 and 8. Ask God for the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation. He will give you understanding that is beyond reason and logic. Ignore your feelings. They lie to you. You are what God says, not what feelings say.

Upvote 0

headphones777

Aug 2, 2022
Colombo
✟21,071.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God's primary requirement of all people is very simple. It is trust. The reason that you struggle is that you are trying to understand spiritual issues with mental powers. That will never work.

Don't pray to the Holy Spirit. He is God but we pray to the Father in Jesus' name - so Jesus told us to do.

You have to realise what God has done for us in His great salvation. Who and what you are outside of Christ no longer matters. You are being condemned continually by Satan, the Accuser of the brethren. He wants to keep you blind to the victory that Jesus won for you.

The person that you call wicked (and rightly so) is dead. God included you in Christ when you first believed. God is no longer looking at you in isolation. Colossians 3:3, "For you died and your life is hidden in Christ with God." When God looks at you, He sees Jesus. You need to see yourself the same way. Likewise God raised you from the dead with Christ. So you are a new creation, a brand new person. You are acceptable to God in the Beloved.

Revelation 12 shows how to overcome Satan's accusations. Vss 10 & 11,

For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down - he who accuses them day and night before our God. They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony. And they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death.

You need to know the power of the blood of Christ to remove sin. Satan accuses us to our conscience. It is the conscience that needs to be cleansed. When we confess the precious blood, Satan's basis to accuse us is gone.

Hebrews 9:14 "how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!"

When we live under condemnation, it is impossible for us to serve God. That's why Satan does his best to keep us ignorant of the great salvation that Jesus bought for us. Romans 8 tells us how things are from God's point of view. We need to change our thinking to align with the truth according to God. When you get that right, you will find great peace. I've been where you are. It's hell. You have some truth to consider now. I can promise you, from experience, that the truth does indeed set you free.

Let God's word get into you. Read Ephesians, Colossians and Romans 6, 7 and 8. Ask God for the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation. He will give you understanding that is beyond reason and logic. Ignore your feelings. They lie to you. You are what God says, not what feelings say.
Thank you for your consoling words.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for your consoling words.
You're welcome. I've been born again for 50 years. I've been through a lot and God has brought me out the other side. I'm no better than anyone else. What God has done for me, He can do for anyone.

Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0