Colombo
✟21,071.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It has been 4 years since I felt him leave my body. This happened after I fell into sin. Ever since then, I feel as my prayers have no effect. I'm dead inside (meaning no positive emotions), and I think I have a hardened heart. After I confess my sins, I don't sense him returning. Now when I pray and fast, it's completely useless. I feel as though I've committed the unforgivable sin. What should I do now? My life is falling apart and God has abandoned me...

• Prayers
Reactions: Yusuphhai

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has been 4 years since I felt him leave my body. This happened after I fell into sin. Ever since then, I feel as my prayers have no effect. I'm dead inside (meaning no positive emotions), and I think I have a hardened heart. After I confess my sins, I don't sense him returning. Now when I pray and fast, it's completely useless. I feel as though I've committed the unforgivable sin. What should I do now? My life is falling apart and God has abandoned me...
Well let's Examine this,
What drove you to make this thread?

Reactions: headphones777
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Romans 7 sin syndrome.

Sin fills your body up so much that the presence of God can no longer be perceived.

1st John says to confess sin so God can forgive it, and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

If confession doesn't work, then it has developed into something else, and you'll need to consult your priest or pastor regarding that.

Reactions: headphones777
Upvote 0

headphones777

Aug 2, 2022
Colombo
✟21,071.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Romans 7 sin syndrome.

Sin fills your body up so much that the presence of God can no longer be perceived.

1st John says to confess sin so God can forgive it, and cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

If confession doesn't work, then it has developed into something else, and you'll need to consult your priest or pastor regarding that.
What could that even be? This "something else"

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
???
I spent almost 7yrs unrepentant
Explain this "sin syndrome"?
Sin in Romans 7 describes it as something separate from the body it inhabits. The sin within the body grows if unchecked until all one can see is "sin" because it covers all of the inner parts responsible for perception.

So in the same way Paul says "O what a wretched man I am, who can save me from this body of death?" Similar exclamations come out of the mouths of anyone who feels like the world is possessed by demons and they're constantly attacking .. which is why I used the word "syndrome."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin in Romans 7 describes it as something separate from the body it inhabits. The sin within the body grows if unchecked until all one can see is "sin" because it covers all of the inner parts responsible for perception.

So in the same way Paul says "O what a wretched man I am, who can save me from this body of death?" Similar exclamations come out of the mouths of anyone who feels like the world is possessed by demons and they're constantly attacking .. which is why I used the word "syndrome."
or they Just realize the Body is Sinful and wicked,
it's not a fun thing to be in a body filled with sin
when you abhor your own flesh due to the SIN,
I wouldn't say thats really a bad thing if Paul himself felt that way?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What could that even be? This "something else"
James spoke of sin in a similar way Paul did in Romans 7. James wrote that no one is tempted by God, but we are dragged away by our own desires and then sin is given birth to. James continues to say that when sin is fully grown, it becomes death.

It is written in the bible that there is a sin that is unto death, and that people are not under obligation to pray regarding that. Which is why I said speak with your priest or pastor, since sacramental care is required to help with this.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
or they Just realize the Body is Sinful and wicked,
it's not a fun thing to be in a body filled with sin
when you abhor your own flesh due to the SIN,
I wouldn't say thats really a bad thing if Paul himself felt that way?
Paul continues the sentence saying, thanks be to God.

The syndrome I am referring to robs people of their ability to see beauty in creation, and the moments where people would normally give thanks to God become less and less.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul continues the sentence saying, thanks be to God.

The syndrome I am referring to robs people of their ability to see beauty in creation, and the moments where people would normally give thanks to God become less and less.
Pray i never stop thanking the LORD o_O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

headphones777

Aug 2, 2022
Colombo
✟21,071.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
James spoke of sin in a similar way Paul did in Romans 7. James wrote that no one is tempted by God, but we are dragged away by our own desires and then sin is given birth to. James continues to say that when sin is fully grown, it becomes death.

It is written in the bible that there is a sin that is unto death, and that people are not under obligation to pray regarding that. Which is why I said speak with your priest or pastor, since sacramental care is required to help with this.
I already spoke to him; however he didn't say anything special about this issue.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I already spoke to him; however he didn't say anything special about this issue.
Make of point of confessing your sins on a regular basis.

Make a point of being kind to others, especially when they really seem to be messing with you.

And whatever sacraments are offered by your tradition, (communion etc) ensure you don't miss any opportunities to partake.

You have noticed "something is wrong" but it took a period of time to arrive at this point.

So the solution is a form of long term repentance.

Upvote 0

headphones777

Aug 2, 2022
Colombo
✟21,071.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Make of point of confessing your sins on a regular basis.

Make a point of being kind to others, especially when they really seem to be messing with you.

And whatever sacraments are offered by your tradition, (communion etc) ensure you don't miss any opportunities to partake.

You have noticed "something is wrong" but it took a period of time to arrive at this point.

So the solution is a form of long term repentance.
I confess almost every week. What more should I do? It's as if it isn't working..

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟125,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's all well and nice sounding,but the fact of the matter is I literally felt the Holy Spirit leave my soul 4 years ago.
Do you not trust God's words to you? Forget feelings, for they are fleeting.

Upvote 0