Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had similar fears when I was younger. Study led me to the following conclusions:

1.) The reason blaspheming the Holy Spirit won't be forgiven is not because God refuses to forgive it. It's because the person who commits it won't care enough to want Him to.
2.) Nobody commits any sin by accident. Sin requires knowing right from wrong, and then willfully deciding to do wrong.
3.) Anyone who cares whether or not they have committed that particular sin, must not have, or they wouldn't care.
4.) Thoughts can be an automatic reflex, coming in before we have conscious control. We are only responsible for our conscious control. That's why we're admonished to "take thoughts captive."
5.) God isn't nitpicky. Committing this sin requires repeated, stubborn effort, not a single "whoops" moment.

Upvote 0

WantingtobeHIS

Jun 24, 2016
South Carolina
✟16,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the unforgiveable sin, cannot happen in this day and age. It occured back in the time of Jesus, those who committed the miracles of Christ and the Holy Spirit as coming from Satan.

We can not do this today. Although we can quench the Holy Spirit which is a sin, but it is not an unforgiveable sin.
even if i have those type of thoughts like the pharisees?

Upvote 0

WantingtobeHIS

Jun 24, 2016
South Carolina
✟16,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do know that you have within you in the Person of the Holy Spirit, the spirit of Christ, all that you need to be a stable, strong disciple of Christ? All the help a believer needs is within them at the moment they are converted and spiritually born-again. What is necessary is for you (and every believer) to surrender to the will and way of God, to the full control of His Spirit. When a believer does this, when they fully surrender to their Maker, they open the floodgate of their life to the power of God. His power, you see, is only fully manifested in our life after we have given Him control of it. God does not exert His full power in the life of people who want to call the shots for themselves. The answer to your OCD, then, isn't to ask God for help but to submit, yield, surrender yourself to Him and remain that way so that His power may flow unhindered into your life. It is when this happens, when God pours His power into your fully submitted life, that the help you pray for is obtained. This is true for every believer.

Romans 6:13
13 Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Romans 12:1
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

James 4:6-7
6 ..."God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

1 Peter 5:6-7
6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Many people want God's help; they want His joy, and peace, and love, and power; but they aren't prepared to let Him have absolute control of their life. Many people want God's stuff but they don't really want all of Him. He may guide from afar but He shouldn't have direct control over what they watch, or invest their time, energy and money in, or who they hang out with, or what they read or say. But people who hold God off in the margins of their life cannot expect to live the transformed life God in His word promises to His children.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20
19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;
20 that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days...

Selah.
So how do I do that, How do I fully surrender and submit to God?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, let me help you clarify what it means to be a child of God. I think it'll assist you in understanding how to surrender to your Maker.

Who is God? He is the Apex, the Center, the Foundation of all that is. It is in Him we all "live, and move, and have our being." If God does not exist, nothing exists. God is the Ultimate Superior. You can go no higher than God; all else is under Him. That includes you and me - and the entire universe. It is this God that comes to you offering fellowship. Can you have fellowship with such a Being as an equal? Obviously not. We all come to God as an inferior to a Superior. And we are far, far, far, far inferior to Him. Multiply the difference between a molecule in your body and the Sun several trillion times and you just begin to see the massive, staggering difference between yourself and your Maker.

Too often, though, Christians treat God as an equal or near-equal. They tend to diminish God's superiority, His staggering awesomeness, and try to fellowship with Him as though He is their bosom buddy. When that happens, they stop depending on God as they should and they cease to think of Him as someone to whom they ought to surrender or submit. Under the guise of "honesty" they treat God casually - even disrespectfully - and lose sight of their utter and profound need of Him. When this is so, fellowship with God cannot go on.

We must all, then, come to God on our knees in total surrender and dependence upon Him and we "walk" with Him in exactly the same way. What does this mean? It means you aren't the boss any more. What you do with your time, and energy, and money is no longer something you decide for yourself. When you are in the bookstore looking for a good novel to read, you are always asking yourself if the book you'd like to read is honoring to your Heavenly Father. When you turn on the t.v., you look to yield to God's holy standard in what you watch. When you interact with the people around you, you are surrendered to the will of God in what you say, and the attitudes you adopt. When you are alone with your thoughts, you "take every thought captive" bringing each one into submission to the truth, and purity, and commands of God.

So, when a thought erupts in your mind that makes you feel a compulsion to swear, respond first of all with a conscious yielding to God: "Heavenly Father, in this moment, in regard to this thought, I surrender to your will and way. I want to obey you in how I respond to this thought. Thank you that you will, by your Spirit, make me more like Jesus." Then, subject the thought to God's truth. What does God's word say about this thought? Do you have to obey this compulsive thought? No. As a child of God you are "dead to sin and alive unto God." (Ro. 6:11) God has given to you in the Person of His Spirit "power, love and a sound mind" (2 Ti. 1:7) Your life is "hid with Christ in God" (Col. 3:3). Stand on this truth about who you are. Refuse to be moved from it. No matter what you think or feel, anchor what you think about yourself to what God says about you. You are dead to sin; you have a spirit of power and a sound mind; you are indwelt by the Spirit of the Almighty God of the universe; you never have to be under the power of any evil thought or desire. Surrender to His truth about you and depend upon it. As you do, you will over time come into the experience of what God says about you. This may not happen quickly. God wants to establish new spiritual reflexes and habits of thought in you and that takes time. Your old way of thinking and being needs to be rooted out and replaced. Be patient - and persistent.

1 Peter 5:10
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Selah.

Upvote 0

WantingtobeHIS

Jun 24, 2016
South Carolina
✟16,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, let me help you clarify what it means to be a child of God. I think it'll assist you in understanding how to surrender to your Maker.

Who is God? He is the Apex, the Center, the Foundation of all that is. It is in Him we all "live, and move, and have our being." If God does not exist, nothing exists. God is the Ultimate Superior. You can go no higher than God; all else is under Him. That includes you and me - and the entire universe. It is this God that comes to you offering fellowship. Can you have fellowship with such a Being as an equal? Obviously not. We all come to God as an inferior to a Superior. And we are far, far, far, far inferior to Him. Multiply the difference between a molecule in your body and the Sun several trillion times and you just begin to see the massive, staggering difference between yourself and your Maker.

Too often, though, Christians treat God as an equal or near-equal. They tend to diminish God's superiority, His staggering awesomeness, and try to fellowship with Him as though He is their bosom buddy. When that happens, they stop depending on God as they should and they cease to think of Him as someone to whom they ought to surrender or submit. Under the guise of "honesty" they treat God casually - even disrespectfully - and lose sight of their utter and profound need of Him. When this is so, fellowship with God cannot go on.

We must all, then, come to God on our knees in total surrender and dependence upon Him and we "walk" with Him in exactly the same way. What does this mean? It means you aren't the boss any more. What you do with your time, and energy, and money is no longer something you decide for yourself. When you are in the bookstore looking for a good novel to read, you are always asking yourself if the book you'd like to read is honoring to your Heavenly Father. When you turn on the t.v., you look to yield to God's holy standard in what you watch. When you interact with the people around you, you are surrendered to the will of God in what you say, and the attitudes you adopt. When you are alone with your thoughts, you "take every thought captive" bringing each one into submission to the truth, and purity, and commands of God.

So, when a thought erupts in your mind that makes you feel a compulsion to swear, respond first of all with a conscious yielding to God: "Heavenly Father, in this moment, in regard to this thought, I surrender to your will and way. I want to obey you in how I respond to this thought. Thank you that you will, by your Spirit, make me more like Jesus." Then, subject the thought to God's truth. What does God's word say about this thought? Do you have to obey this compulsive thought? No. As a child of God you are "dead to sin and alive unto God." (Ro. 6:11) God has given to you in the Person of His Spirit "power, love and a sound mind" (2 Ti. 1:7) Your life is "hid with Christ in God" (Col. 3:3). Stand on this truth about who you are. Refuse to be moved from it. No matter what you think or feel, anchor what you think about yourself to what God says about you. You are dead to sin; you have a spirit of power and a sound mind; you are indwelt by the Spirit of the Almighty God of the universe; you never have to be under the power of any evil thought or desire. Surrender to His truth about you and depend upon it. As you do, you will over time come into the experience of what God says about you. This may not happen quickly. God wants to establish new spiritual reflexes and habits of thought in you and that takes time. Your old way of thinking and being needs to be rooted out and replaced. Be patient - and persistent.

10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Selah.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

WantingtobeHIS

Jun 24, 2016
South Carolina
✟16,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Selah.
So before these thoughts started I was having trouble with my salvation, with trusting Jesus with everything and having saving faith. Now after all this , I feel like I m so far away from Him and I feel like I am resisting Him when trying to resist the thoughts. How do I come back to the place of trusting Him? How do I know that I am not resisting Him. I don't want to resist Him I want the opposite I want to submit to Him and be His Child. I want to be free in Christ.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So before these thoughts started I was having trouble with my salvation, with trusting Jesus with everything and having saving faith. Now after all this , I feel like I m so far away from Him and I feel like I am resisting Him when trying to resist the thoughts. How do I come back to the place of trusting Him? How do I know that I am not resisting Him. I don't want to resist Him I want the opposite I want to submit to Him and be His Child. I want to be free in Christ.

Having the desire to be like Christ is where the transformation toward that goal begins. What is neat about this desire is that it can only come from God. He implants in us these godly desires that only He can fulfill. This is the way all of the Christian life goes. It is, then, a testament to God's presence and work in you that you want to be free in Christ. I think that's a very hopeful, encouraging thing. How about you?

Trust and knowledge go together. We don't naturally have much trust in a stranger. The better we know someone, the more likely we are - if what we know of the person warrants it - to trust them. So, too, with God. We need to know Him if we are going to trust Him. The Bible is the primary revelation of God; if you want to know God, it is an essential resource. We also come to know God by walking with Him and taking what steps of faith (however small and staggering) that we can. As we do this, and see God's faithfulness, and dependability, and providence, our experiential knowledge of Him expands and we come to trust Him more.

How do you know you if you are resisting God? It is only God who can show you if and where you are resisting Him. We humans are notoriously bad at seeing ourselves clearly. We're too steeped in, and blinded by, sin. God must work to reveal to us those dark corners of our lives where we are resisting Him. He does this patiently and faithfully, however. He's not in a terrible hurry. As He illuminates your mind and heart to areas in your life where you need to surrender, and as you depend on Him to enable you to do so, and as you consciously yield to Him, He brings you more and more into full surrender to Himself. Relax. Trust God to bring you on into a deeper walk with Himself.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

Selah.

Upvote 0

WantingtobeHIS

Jun 24, 2016
South Carolina
✟16,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am to the point now where I try to not give much thought or attention to the intrusive thoughts, but I still sometimes feel as if I have committed the unforgivable. Is it true that the unforgivable sin can't be committed in thought? I'm just so confused with all of what is going on. I'm getting spiritually exhausted and keep praying for the Lord to please deliver me from all of this.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The only unforgivable sin is the one for which we don't want forgiveness. Crazy, random and even blasphemous thoughts aren't that unusual for Christians. I think the devil likes to drop the odd obscene or bizarre thought into our minds to see what happens. If he gets a reaction he thinks he can massage into acute anxiety or obsessive thinking, well, he'll do so if he can. But, God only allows the devil so much freedom to act against us. God intends that those challenges and trials and testings that the devil levels against us to be the means by which He shows us ourselves, our weakness, and what our spiritual "reflexes" are like. The devil means to tear us down but God means to build us up.

God won't lift a struggle He has allowed if it will teach us, strengthen, and deepen us. Even when we get exhausted God will leave the pressure on so that we turn to Him and depend more and more fully upon Him for strength, stability and rest. Your prayer, then, shouldn't be "take this struggle from me" but rather "use this struggle to make me more like Jesus."

Selah.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just read in the Bible in Luke where it says the blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable and i purposely thought a cursing though. Well not purposely really it just happened and then everything seemed like it froze I've already been having doubt issues and now i feel like i just condemned myself and i don't know what to do and I'm really scared. And the thoughts just keep coming and theres a voice in me saying that i don't really care and I'm just being fake but i want it to all stop i just want it to stop and i want to be Jesus's I want to be His child mim so scared please help

if you get intrusive thoughts in you and you don't like them then you know that at least part of you is not that and so how can that part who did not desire to blaspheme be said to blaspheme? it was sin in you who did this, so seek after God for the devil wishes to tear you away from him. how can one who wants to be his child hate him? it was an enemy who sowed the evil seeds! trust not in the wicked but rather trust in God who is said to be love. let yourself be firmly rooted in God despite the storms that sometimes occur. do what things God commands you, only take heed to the good angels God sends and not to the evil spirits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
even if i have those type of thoughts like the pharisees?
Even if you had the same thoughts like the Pharisee's.

Because the Pharisee's saw Christ, saw the miracles that Christ did and the scripture and doctrine Christ knew, yet they attributed the works of Christ to the devil.

Christ would have to be alive and we would have to see the works and wonders that Christ is doing and attribute that to Satan. That is not possible. Christ has done His work on earth and is seated back at the right hand of the Father.

Reactions: ldonjohn
Upvote 0

WantingtobeHIS

Jun 24, 2016
South Carolina
✟16,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just don't know anymore its like my brain has been fogged or something or like I lost my heart or something. I can't feel anything anymore and Its scary. Like I just woke up this way the thoughts don't come as much but at the same time I feel like I can't feel God anymore like It's hard to explain.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the unforgiveable sin, cannot happen in this day and age. It occured back in the time of Jesus, those who committed the miracles of Christ and the Holy Spirit as coming from Satan.

We can not do this today. Although we can quench the Holy Spirit which is a sin, but it is not an unforgiveable sin.

Yes, this is the biblical answer!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just read in the Bible in Luke where it says the blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable and i purposely thought a cursing though. Well not purposely really it just happened and then everything seemed like it froze I've already been having doubt issues and now i feel like i just condemned myself and i don't know what to do and I'm really scared. And the thoughts just keep coming and theres a voice in me saying that i don't really care and I'm just being fake but i want it to all stop i just want it to stop and i want to be Jesus's I want to be His child mim so scared please help
Face the fear, don't run from, but let it make you run and drive you to be and get alone with God, let the pressure of it drive you to pray to God with truth and complete honesty about what your going through, get alone with God, get honest with God about yourself and what your going through and talk to him about it, ALL of it...

Don't get impaitent, keep talking to God, even if you don't see immediate results, have faith, don't give up on faith, or walk away from him in anger, frustration, and impaitence, spend time alone with him talking and praying in complete honesty, wait paitently on him to speak to your heart when you don't have anything to say when alone with him, use the fear to get alone and very, deeply personal and intimate with him by complete honesty, wait on him to speak to your heart, do this every and anytime you need to...

Hope that helps, I'm no stranger to fear, my fear snowballs sometimes and get severe anxiety, panic, pananoia, P.T.S.D., but going and letting it drive me to get alone, intimate, and very honest with God has helped a lot... Remember, that he loves you very, very much and has a big, big heart, and forgives you of anything and everything, it is what he died for, for us, know that he is very kind, compassionate, and very caring and loving, be honest about your problems and tell him about it, sometimes, since he already knows, he allows you to be under pressure to drive you to him and talk to him honestly about it, if anything, so we can "hear" ourselves "say" it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just don't know anymore its like my brain has been fogged or something or like I lost my heart or something. I can't feel anything anymore and Its scary. Like I just woke up this way the thoughts don't come as much but at the same time I feel like I can't feel God anymore like It's hard to explain.
Develop the mind of Christ, by getting honest with him alone, in prayer and conversation, devleoping intimate communication relationship with him, don't hide anything from him, he'll restore your heart after you do this, as he has and is currently doing in mine... Coming clean with him with all your problems and issues can be a great relief and can make you feel like a big weight has been lifted from you, if you have the right perspective, that is that he instantly, not only already knows, and can relate personally to whatever your going through, but instantly forgives and loves you very deeply and intimately, and very much...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How do I stop the thoughts. They just keep playing in my mind. It's so bad I had to stop my Bible plan reading because I could not focus.

I can't either so I use the bible app it has some versions with audio so I can listen to the stories and replay them if I miss part.

Upvote 0