Did God order a chosen people to mass murder children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
He never said that people can depart from Him and sin and be wicked and still have all the blessings. All who have believed in Jesus in the last few thousand years are His people. The ones before that believed also Jesus would come and so were saved. God also promises a certain seven years in which Israel will be going through trials to eventually be saved. So nothing was in vain. The thing is that right now Israel is not His people who believe and are eligible for the promised land etc.
It is no secret Israel went astray many times, the texts are full of it.

The main role of the Prophets was to warn that they needed to do a course adjustment, but seldom were they heeded.

For around 2,300 years ago prophesy departed from Israel.

There is much to be said but now is late and it would probably fall on deaf ears.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
An eye for an eye is just, how can it not be?

A life for a life is just how can it not be?

Self defense is just.

However if we call on God to be just, we end up condemning ourself, because if we expect others to pay for their sins, surely it is also just that we pay for our own also, or how would it be just?

However Jesus teaches another way. Love your enemies, do good to those that hate you.

We have examples in the nt where the pharasiees went to stone Jesus, and Jesus somehow always managed to slip away. Again, it would of been just that Jesus killed them instead, in self defense, but Jesus shows another way.

Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

In my opinion the Godly way for Israel to of acted would of been to fast, pray and turn to God, to deal with the situation rather then lean on their own military might.

We have examples in the ot, where God has put whole armies to sleep, when God steps in the war is over very quickly.

Here from revelations 13:10
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

51With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

52Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

Again Jesus shows us a different way.

The Israel / Hamas war is another earthly war, but those who are Christian should learn not to act this way.

1 Corinthians 5:12
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

The only advice i can give is to stay away from this whole topic, and work on loving others.
Da 4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God’s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
7 ¶ Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

er? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,332.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is no secret Israel went astray many times, the texts are full of it.

The main role of the Prophets was to warn that they needed to do a course adjustment, but seldom were they heeded.

For around 2,300 years ago prophesy departed from Israel.

There is much to be said but now is late and it would probably fall on deaf ears.
People were warned so they could turn and be saved. Not sure how that relates to Israel today. When prophets warned Israel before they were believers and still His chosen people. Now they are non believers. So their actions are not those of His chosen people. They did not just go astray today. They rejected God. He allowed them to be scattered. He will not bring them back and protect them until they repent and are saved. So any war or terror Israel today is involved in is on their own totally. Nothing they do is as a chosen people. They were chosen and departed from their place and dried up like a fig tree. They have no fruit today. They are not His people in anything but name only. They do not obey and represent God. The theft of the lands and murders have nothing to do with God.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
People were warned so they could turn and be saved. Not sure how that relates to Israel today. When prophets warned Israel before they were believers and still His chosen people. Now they are non believers. So their actions are not those of His chosen people. They did not just go astray today. They rejected God. He allowed them to be scattered. He will not bring them back and protect them until they repent and are saved. So any war or terror Israel today is involved in is on their own totally. Nothing they do is as a chosen people. They were chosen and departed from their place and dried up like a fig tree. They have no fruit today. They are not His people in anything but name only. They do not obey and represent God. The theft of the lands and murders have nothing to do with God.
You are hung up on wgat the Zionists are doing,

Zionism has nothing to do with Judaism.

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,332.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are hung up on wgat the Zionists are doing,

Zionism has nothing to do with Judaism.
No. What Israel is doing. I am not hung up on it either. I like to point out that wicked people do bad things and that the things Israel does are not of God. They cannot use the excuse they are chosen

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
God also promises a certain seven years in which Israel will be going through trials to eventually be saved. So nothing was in vain. The thing is that right now Israel is not His people who believe and are eligible for the promised land etc.
So why can't that be now? You are not God. Israel has to be in Israel to go through trials...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I like to point out that wicked people do bad things and that the things Israel does are not of God. They cannot use the excuse they are chosen
No one is using that excuse. Israel is defending and protecting itself from a wicked Hamas. It has NOTHING to do with if they are chosen or not...

Upvote 0

truthpls

Oct 16, 2023
victoria
✟30,332.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No one is using that excuse. Israel is defending and protecting itself from a wicked Hamas. It has NOTHING to do with if they are chosen or not...
So you say that being chosen is not an excuse used. Do you think they are chosen? Or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So you say that being chosen is not an excuse used. Do you think they are chosen? Or not?
What does it matter? No one is using that excuse. Israel is defending and protecting itself from a wicked Hamas. It has NOTHING to do with if they are chosen or not...

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I totally agree. Kill the criminal, not the population.
Hard to do when the criminals are using the population as human shields, stealing money from them and were voted into power by the population.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hard to do when the criminals are using the population as human shields, stealing money from them and were voted into power by the population.
Many of them support Hamas and stay as well. It is way of life for that culture.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Did you come in halfway through the film?

Israel is the chilfren of Israel/Jacob.

Eretz Israel is the territory, I stick with Abrahams words to Lot,

"Yes, the land is promised to us, but not yet."

The Zionist notion to make a state and a government just like all the other nations, I do not entertain.

In fact I do not care much for the territory.

Israel:

The entire children of Israel comprise a single soul,
only the bodies seperate.

And whatever the Gazans are or what they have done they do not deserve to be treated as they are.
No matter what they have done? WOW.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.