✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lionheart_03 said:
all i can say that God only created MaN and Woman... only man think or do that they are gay...

Only humans seem to "think" that they are much of anything, but long-term same-sex pairings happen in a lot of species. In fact, I couldn't name for you a species which forms pair bonds and doesn't sometimes form same-sex ones.

Upvote 0

transientlife

lotus on the mount
Mar 21, 2004
✟1,724.00
Faith
Christian
Re: the OP...

I dunno, I'll ask Him after I die.

Till then, however he made them-and whether or not he made them that way- I will love them and treat them just like everyone else.

And regarding the claim that animals cannot be "gay" or at least engage in typical homosexual behavior:

^_^

Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity by Bruce Bagemihl said:
Homosexuality in its myriad forms has been scientifically documented in more than 450 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, and other animals worldwide"
"Drawing upon a rich body of zoological research spanning more than two centuries, Bruce Bagemihl shows that animals engage in all types of nonreproductive sexual behavior. Sexual and gender expression in the animal world displays exuberant variety, including same-sex courtship, pair-bonding, sex, and co-parenting" even instances of lifelong homosexual bonding in species that do not have lifelong heterosexual bonding."

Upvote 0

Why?

"Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself"
Jul 16, 2004
✟9,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Volos said:
[/color]

To save our Christian friend’s time let me summarize the response to this:

There are many tiresome and inconvenient laws and moral codes in Leviticus, but I just know hath a couple thousand years ago our unchanging and perfect God changed his mind about the necessity of actually following all these rules. If a rule is personally inconvenient I just KNOW my God doesn’t want me to follow it however I also want to use a few obscure verses in Leviticus to justify my personal prejudices and I just KNOW that my God supports me in this regard.

So in conclusion if a biblical rule is personally inconvenient…God says I can ignore it.

If a biblical rule allows me to justify personal prejudice …God says that one is still good.
Those laws were made exclusively for the Jewish people of that time. They were not made for the whole world, of that time or this. And furthermore, Jesus died on the cross so that we wouldn't have to do any of those things "to get into heaven".

~I'm not sure if you agree with any of your statement above (because it seems written in jest), I just wanted to help clarify the subject. ;)

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why? said:
Those laws were made exclusively for the Jewish people of that time. They were not made for the whole world, of that time or this. And furthermore, Jesus died on the cross so that we wouldn't have to do any of those things "to get into heaven".

~I'm not sure if you agree with any of your statement above (because it seems written in jest), I just wanted to help clarify the subject. ;)
Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. (Matthew 5:17)

Upvote 0
why are some homosexuals that know god gave them homosexuality still christian ?

You do realise that The bible clearly lists homosexuality as a sin and if god gave it to you against your will then that would be a bad thing coming from god ( Which is contradictory to the belief only good things can come from god and evil comes from the devil and our own hearts ) ...

Nani ?

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
slayer-2004 said:
why are some homosexuals that know god gave them homosexuality still christian ?

You do realise that The bible clearly lists homosexuality as a sin and if god gave it to you against your will then that would be a bad thing coming from god ( Which is contradictory to the belief only good things can come from god and evil comes from the devil and our own hearts ) ...

Nani ?

My being gay is NOT a bad thing from God - it's a blessing.

ALL have sinned and in need of grace.

Why do you point out the perceived speck in your brother's eye, ignoring the enormous, burdensome, blinding plank in your own?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Why? said:

Why?, I suggest that you check out our Messianic congregational forum, and perhaps ask a few questions there. They don't quite agree with you and they know the Bible as well as anyone here.

Mt. 5:17-20-The words of Jesus:
"Do not suppose that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to complete. Truly I tell you: so long as heaven and earth endure, not a letter, not a dot will disappear from the law unlil all that must happen has happened. Anyone therefore who sets aside even the least of the law's demands, and teaches others to do the same, will have the lowest place in the kingdom of Heaven, whereas anyone who keeps the law, and teaches others to do so, will rank high in the kingdom of Heaven. I tell you, unless you show yourselves far better than the scribes and Pharisees, you can never enter the kingdom of Heaven."

Volos, note how the dramatically the meaning of verse one is altered when the succeeding passsage of Jesus's discourse is quoted, and this is just a small part of it; it runs from Mt. 5:1 through Mt. 7. Chapters and verses were added much later in order to allow us to find what we're looking for, not to break up the words of Jesus into tiny, nearly meaningless sentences.
If the words of Jesus above don't apply to us Christians, then neither does the Sermon on the Mount or the Lord's Prayer, and in this discourse the sins of the scribes and Pharisees of whom Jesus was speaking which prevent them from entering the Kingdom of God at all are clearly laid out for us to read.
If some of Jesus's words only apply to the Jewish people, then all of Jesus's words likely only apply to the Jewish people.
Am I likely to be wrong at times in my interpretation of the Bible? Of course. But, at least my primary source for what I believe is what Jesus had to say, for I am a follower of Jesus, and that's a start. :)
I have addressed this to you, Volos, because these debates have shown me in just how little regard I am held by many of my fellow Christians here, whereas you have never rejected what I had to say out-of-hand, whether you ultimately agreed with me, or not.
Also, my approach may make more sense to you because the right practice of your profession does not allow you to accept a small part of an article or study, and scrap what you don't like.

Upvote 0
chalice_thunder said:

Why do you point out the perceived speck in your brother's eye, ignoring the enormous, burdensome, blinding plank in your own?

oy , you misunderstood my post , I was not judging but asking a question with a point in it . If homosexuality is a gift from god why does he call it a sin ? Do you get what I am trying to say yet ?

Upvote 0
N

Nexus`

all i can say that God only created MaN and Woman... only man think or do that they are gay...

Such blatant ignorance.

To be honest, I find the whole "homosexuality is a choice" side ignorant and blindly clinging to hateful beliefs because they refuse to admit that they could be wrong about God.

Look at the evidence. Look at the studies. Look at the facts. And then come up here and tell us that homosexuality is a choice.

We show you all this evidence, and it's like you just close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and go LALALALALA as loud as you can.

Further moe, you make these wild claims like there are no gay animals, or homosexuality is a choice, yet you never provide any evidence. Never. We ask you to. We challenge you to. But you just ignore us. And the evidence we show you, you refuse to accept proven facts because the scientists didn't take the positition that homosexuality is deviant, or perverted.

If you want to cling to your ignorant, hateful lies, go ahead. But at least be intelligent enough to know that they are just lies.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
chalice_thunder said:

God does not "bless" people with abominations.

HOMOSEXUALITY

"A gift from God?"
http://mzone.mweb.co.za/residents/breedt/man.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
kdet said:
God does not "bless" people with abominations.

HOMOSEXUALITY

"A gift from God?"
http://mzone.mweb.co.za/residents/breedt/man.htm

Right or wrong aside why is it we never ever ever ever ever see any sin described like this except homosexuality:

from the artilce said:
The determination of the so-called Gay Movement (homosexuals and lesbians) to legitimise and legalise their unscriptural, sinful, immoral behaviour poses a grave threat to society in general and to every true Christian in particular. Historically, these same-sex immoral relationships have been universally recognised by Bible-believers as not only being heinous sins about which God’s judgement upon those who refuse to repent and accept God’s forgiveness and cleansing.

see even within the article when discussing other sins that same tone is missing:

Throughout history, sinful men and women who flatly reject God’s Work, the Bible, have sought the acceptance of the societies in which they lived with considerable success.

Why are these people just plain old sinful as opposed to grave threats and heinous? :scratch:

but on the very next sentence when discussing homosexuals we revert back to:

Today, however, for the first time in history, homosexuals and lesbians who profess to be true believers, are claiming that these heinous sins

even while mentioning these sins no extra added adjectives are layered on:

But what about murder, stealing, lying, adultery, idolatry? Could any of these possibly be called "gifts of God"? Of course not!

Kind of makes you wonder is there more to the objection than just Biblical interpetation.

Just thought I would point that out.

Upvote 0

Eucharista

Jul 31, 2004
✟299.00
Faith
Christian
homosexuality is a gift from sin(satan).

It has no life giving means ever, not exceptionally, not normatively.

It never ever ever produces life in the sexual context and therefore is unnatural in the sense of the natural moral law and is a sin nature component.

sin nature is the only answer for this disorder.

i know, i was homsexual.

the term gay does not mean homosexual, not factually, not historically, not grammatically.

To change this term to mean homosexual is to do a great dishonor to those who are truly happy, which feres to about 1% of the homosexuals I know.

that is why they drink and drug and smoke and eat so much because like others caught in serious sin, they are not comfortable with themselves.

but what do I know?

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Eucharista said:
that is why they drink and drug and smoke and eat so much because like others caught in serious sin, they are not comfortable with themselves.

but what do I know?

... it would have nothing to do with the depression and hurt they feel by society's condemnation and harassment of it, now would it? Gays resort to these things because of the pain forced on them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.